Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 8:06:42 PM EDT
 I am just about ready to take the plunge after deciding to ax my AK's . Anyway , the Big summer sale at Entreprise sounds really good to me . $599 for a ( AS) New rifle . I like that Metric . But I do prefer the humpback as opposed to the STG58 stock .

OR ,  I could contact Ohio Rapid Fire and see what they have for about the same money  . I should be able to get
something nice from them . They seem to get good marks from people on this board .

These are my 2 final choices since I called Keislers and they are out of the M-444 's they advertise for $679.

Unless FAC has a viable option .
DSA's are supposed to be great but just to rich for my blood .
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with Ohio Rapid Fire.  You will not be disappointed.  They do excellent work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have just received my Entreprise Arms STG58c for there summer blow out price of $599.00........beautiful rifle, nice even finish and comes with a lifetime warranty. That alone is worth it. I have a buddy who also purchased his STG58c from Entreprise and it grouped 2" at 100 yards with surplus ammo. Not one hiccup at all......my .02
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you considered a DSA ST58?  Sure, they'er on the expensive side, but they are great rifles.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Snipped... beautiful rifle, nice even finish and comes with a lifetime warranty. That alone is worth it.

That doesn't say your lifetime. It's only good as long as Entreprise is still in business. This is not to say they are going out of business anytime soon. Only that when they do go your "lifetime warranty" will be no good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes and no... companies offering a lifetime warranty (that are US based) must usually establish a trust to handle warranty work if they go out of business.  Even companies that go bankrupt are usually required to make some provision to service products they have warrantied for life.  When companies are gobbled up they company that acquires them is usually required to honor outstanding warranties.  There are of course exceptions to this general rule, and I'm not worried about Entreprise going out of business.  Then again, if I were getting ready to plunk down $600 on a FAL and had a choice between ORF and Entreprise... ORF would be my choice any day of the week.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
After having an Entreprise and visiting ORF, I say ORF!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
 Well , for better or for worse . I ordered an FAL from Entreprise .
ORF was out of the economy version .
I upgraded to the humpback stock .
Gotta wait about a month .
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Well,  I obviously got here too late . I have an ORF carbine and fortunately live close enough to visit their shop. I don't know anything about Enterprise but I do ORF and I highly recommend them.

Shoot well,

Jim
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Top Top