Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 11:00:43 AM EDT
    I am looking to buy a DS Arms SA58... I was wondering about accuracy and reliability before I spend a ton of money! Suggested retail is 2120.00 WOW. Question # 2: Looking for a good online dealer for DS Arms, or someone who can get me a good deal. Thanks to all, and keep safe

Irish  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Irish,

don't know where you got that (high) price...I bought my std model sa58 for $1299 from RGUNS last year. Accuracy is 3/4 MOA w/premium ammo (really!) , a.k.a. Federal 168G Match or Remington 168G match.  Portugese ammo runs about 2" (the other extreme). Overall excellent rifle. You won't be disappointed with quality, either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That GrayWolf is one hell of a FAL!

Someone at the local range had a Tactical with 21" bull barrel, they were singing praises.
I gave it a good looking over and it's extremely well made.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Dan_h...

The Gray Wolf has a suggested retail of 2120.00 21 or 24 inch bull barrell etc etc etc.

Thanks guys

Irish
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
    I am looking to buy a DS Arms SA58... I was wondering about accuracy and reliability before I spend a ton of money! Suggested retail is 2120.00 WOW. Question # 2: Looking for a good online dealer for DS Arms, or someone who can get me a good deal. Thanks to all, and keep safe

Irish  

That is way too much .  For that money you can get a M1A , Garand & put a FAL together yourself .  And yes , the M1A is over priced & yes I have all three of these rifles .  But I did not put my FrankenFAL together myself .

God Bless
Wyr
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Irish, how far are you from Walnutsport, PA? The reason I ask is that a DSA stocking dealer with good pricing resides there. Always a good chunk below retail. Keifer's Gun Shop. This is where I bought my DSA carbine a couple years back. He advertises in Gun List very frequently.

610-760-9597. One caveat. He doesn't do credit cards.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey SP10, Thanks for the info...Not sure where Walnutsport Pa is...Nothing mapquest can't help me with...Thanks for the info, I'm going to call Keifers Gun Shop...Thanks again for the info.

Irish
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I have 3 Frankenfals, and as much as I love them, they're not in the same zip code as 3/4moa.  Even handloads can't get me more than about 3" consistently.  Now, both kits and the rifle I bought from Dan's had good barrels on them, but I only actually put one together, with some help...so I know that barrel is in time, but even it doesn't shoot that great. I could cut my groups down by going to 3 shots, but that would be cheating hehehe.  Other than that, I just shoot 'em for the fun of it...I have my ARs for accuracy.  

Now, if I had the $$, I would be all over one of those DSAs.  I've seen several, and they are very nice. If you can afford it, go for it...I know all the people who have 'em love 'em.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I have 3 Frankenfals, and as much as I love them, they're not in the same zip code as 3/4moa.  Even handloads can't get me more than about 3" consistently.  Now, both kits and the rifle I bought from Dan's had good barrels on them, but I only actually put one together, with some help...so I know that barrel is in time, but even it doesn't shoot that great. I could cut my groups down by going to 3 shots, but that would be cheating hehehe.  Other than that, I just shoot 'em for the fun of it...I have my ARs for accuracy.  

Now, if I had the $$, I would be all over one of those DSAs.  I've seen several, and they are very nice. If you can afford it, go for it...I know all the people who have 'em love 'em.  

You must be one of the folks that uses parts kits barrels. I could shoot a bic lighter off a barn roof at 500 yds with my FALS with Portugese surplus. I however go DSA all the way.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Man, I can't believe there are even AR15's that exsist that are more arrcurate or relisable than a FAL. I'm serious I am a FAL man for sure and consider my AR just something to bring along to the range for fun. To me my AR seems irrelevent next to my FALs. Go DSA and you will point and laugh at your AR15 and your M1A.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top