Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For reference, I don't think there is any problem with person A asking, "How much should I pay for this part?" and person B giving a suggested price/value.  Its when person A says, "How much should this part cost?" and person B responds with "I'll sell you one for $xx"; or when person A says, "I'm getting rid of this part, what is it worth?" and person B responding with "I'll give you $xx for it".  

Hopefully everyone can see the differences in the two - the first example is members helping members, something we want to support and promote; the second & third examples are clearly selling outside the EE and while most/all may think, "I don't need arfcom to protect me from scammers", others have demanded that we take steps to do so and in general the site owners feel a responsibility to help prevent fraud on the site to the extent possible.

Do the benefits of this outweigh the negatives?  This thread (and forum) say that sometimes that answer is "no".  That being said, we have to have a set of rules that apply site wide and that always creates situations where someone is unhappy. I'm currently asking other staff to help me with the value of some firearms I'd like to sell (mostly from my inlaws after passing), but don't feel comfortable asking for help in the forums because of this exact issue.
View Quote

I think most people, myself included, didn’t realize that the EE offered fraud protection/protection against scammers in general. I know that personally I’ve reported scammers to mods, but didn’t know that could only happen in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I may have missed the answer, but was a decision made on a KAC and the like forum in the EE?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Im sure it went unnoticed because Brownells knew Knight's industry partnership with the domain added legitimacy to the forum so no one made moves on their space to avoid upsetting them. Now that theyre gone and this once sacred place has been shipped to the third world that is the armory, site admins no longer fear repercussion messing with KACs good thing. I get youre just doing your job, but sterilizing this forum the way the rest of the site has been sterilized over the years WILL kill it. I know you see that as well or else you would have cleaned house already. The addition to a KAC only section of the EE is a nice gesture and may ease some suffering but youve been thrown into a pretty closenit community of die hard brand loyalists here. And helping eachother out with insider information and product acquisitions is what this brotherhood is all about. Take away half that, guess what else leaves. Pushing Knights away was site admins first mistake, bringing their industry forum back from the dead was an interesting development, keeping everything the same was the play here, rules be damned.
View Quote

So where in that brotherhood does dudes hijacking drops and reselling shit for many times msrp  to their 'brethren' come into play? And seriously, most of the community are made up of johnny come lately's that are clout chasing zombies anyways. Anytime one of those types of resources pop up, you get 100 thirsty dudes asking where they can find an SR15 lower
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not have the energy to read through his whole thing but get real. Facebook groups operate the same way. You do not post prices. You could still post hey i am looking for XX or hey I have an extra XX then take it to IM. Just like the groups on facebook when someone posts a price.. it got zucked without the zuck. Most of the same people are on facebook and know you would be banned immediately. It is not the end of the world. At least here there is an EE that we can openly buy and sell firearms and firearm parts. Not too many places you can do that these days unless you want to pay huge fees of GB.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Or i dont know. maybe you cant say that either. still this is no suprise.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So where in that brotherhood does dudes hijacking drops and reselling shit for many times msrp  to their 'brethren' come into play? And seriously, most of the community are made up of johnny come lately's that are clout chasing zombies anyways. Anytime one of those types of resources pop up, you get 100 thirsty dudes asking where they can find an SR15 lower
View Quote

I see your point and that is the problem with any low volume producer -  this is not limited to KAC, try building a factory correct MSG90 and let me know how that goes for you.  And that is the thing - if you dont like the price, dont buy -  I personally was able to get some things that I was very happy with that I know I could not have gotten elsewhere at what I considered a reasonable price i.e. much less than GB gauging.  Anyway - what is done is done.  If the formum dies, it dies.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top