BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SxPxDx:
Personally, that's really all I use Fireclean for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SxPxDx:
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

That's a great little product. A member here sent me a couple rubber caps that I use on my newer lights that haven't been blasted to hell yet, but these things are a great idea for whenever the caps wear out. I'll have to keep them in mind. Thanks for the tip, man. Also, some guys put a bit of oil/lube on their lens and it allows you to easily wipe the carbon off when you're done. The MAMS sure does a number to anything near it.
Personally, that's really all I use Fireclean for.
??
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You could always just set your light back a bit. I usually keep the lens behind the front edge of the handguard. You get some barrel shadowing but the closer to 12 o’clock the light is the less the shadow matters.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#3]
Originally Posted By HUFFCHAD:
You could always just set your light back a bit. I usually keep the lens behind the front edge of the handguard. You get some barrel shadowing but the closer to 12 o’clock the light is the less the shadow matters.
View Quote
Doing this doesn't work quite as well with a Gen2 MAMS as it does with other brakes because the ports are drilled at an angle. This ports gasses back towards the handguard. It would minimize it some, but wouldn't completely eliminate it.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about in these pics:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]

That's a great little product. A member here sent me a couple rubber caps that I use on my newer lights that haven't been blasted to hell yet, but these things are a great idea for whenever the caps wear out. I'll have to keep them in mind. Thanks for the tip, man. Also, some guys put a bit of oil/lube on their lens and it allows you to easily wipe the carbon off when you're done. The MAMS sure does a number to anything near it.
View Quote
Yeah, I've used all the greasy tricks and rubber booties over the years, it got old. After about 1000 rounds recently I also find these stickies wipe clean easy where I haven't even changed em yet. Yeah, MAMS does beat em up. Haha.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By under9:
https://i.imgur.com/18SZuE9.jpg
View Quote
Love the 3.1 on the mod 2's!
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:

Love the 3.1 on the mod 2's!
View Quote
Agreed. Looks excellent.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
A sloppy pic at my range last weekend

" />
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAMBURGERATTACK] [#9]
Thanks so much for everyone's help when I was planning out this build - also BIG thanks to flg23 for lending me his brownells castle nut tool.  Lifesaver.

Surefire Closed Tine warcomp and Socom Mini2
Unity Micro Hub and Front Sight +Surefire x300
Radian Talon and SL-SD raptor
Forward Controls MSQ-H, EMR, LDFA, ESF-H, and CNF

Loaded with XM556SBCT3

Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#10]
Originally Posted By HAMBURGERATTACK:
Thanks so much for everyone's help when I was planning out this build - also BIG thanks to flg23 for lending me his brownells castle nut tool.  Lifesaver.

Forward Controls EMR, LDFA, ESF-H, MSQ-H, and CNF

Loaded with XM556SBCT3

https://i.imgur.com/VjE3a5el.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bxCevDRl.jpg?1
View Quote
Looks good, man. And you should just buy the Brownell's wrench. I bought one thinking I was only going to use it once or twice, but it's come in handy a bunch since then. Lol. Same with the Mod 2 gas block socket. I bought that from Cole, just haven't used it yet. The Brownell's wrench could be had for a little less if you used a 10% code or something.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Forward Controls MSQ-H, EMR, LDFA, ESF-H, and CNF

Loaded with XM556SBCT3

https://i.imgur.com/VjE3a5el.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bxCevDRl.jpg?1
View Quote
nice looking gun
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAMBURGERATTACK] [#12]

Looks good, man. And you should just buy the Brownell's wrench. I bought one thinking I was only going to use it once or twice, but it's come in handy a bunch since then. Lol. Same with the Mod 2 gas block socket. I bought that from Cole, just haven't used it yet. The Brownell's wrench could be had for a little less if you used a 10% code or something.
View Quote
You are so right.  After using that wrench I just wanted to get one myself.  AND it's on sale right now for $45...

My gunsmith tried to keep it after he saw it.  Tried to slip me a $20 and then skirt it away - NO DEAL.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#13]
You are so right.  After using that wrench I just wanted to get one myself.  AND it's on sale right now for $45...

My gunsmith tried to keep it after he saw it.  Tried to slip me a $20 and then skirt it away - NO DEAL.
View All Quotes

Didn't know they were on sale right now. Combine that with a 10% coupon and you've got a good discount on one. It also comes with an interchangeable tip for standard castle nuts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't know they were on sale right now. Combine that with a 10% coupon and you've got a good discount on one. It also comes with an interchangeable tip for standard castle nuts.
View All Quotes

Link to this wrench?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:55:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#15]
Originally Posted By meestermurphy:
Link to this wrench?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By meestermurphy:

Link to this wrench?
@meestermurphy

I'm not seeing a sale price, but here's a link.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/stock-tools/ar-15-m16-m4-buttstock-tool-prod21254.aspx
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:29:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Mod 2 CQB. Just bought a SR16 CQB Mod 1 tonight. It’ll need to ride on one of my other SBR lowers until the new KAC lower I also bought gets a stamp.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dana1972:
Mod 2 CQB. Just bought a SR16 CQB Mod 1 tonight. It’ll need to ride on one of my other SBR lowers until the new KAC lower I also bought gets a stamp.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312349/46AA0414-EA0C-439C-9782-7108525807F8_jpeg-978187.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Are Aimpoint T1/T2s...or better asked....how did Aimpoint become thee optic of the SR-15? Any of you playas have photos of a Trijicon MRO riding on a Geissele DDT 1/3 mount?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Subiescott:
Are Aimpoint T1/T2s...or better asked....how did Aimpoint become thee optic of the SR-15? Any of you playas have photos of a Trijicon MRO riding on a Geissele DDT 1/3 mount?
View Quote
Aim point t2 is one of the few optics as bombproof as the sr15.

Only time I use something else is when I need magnification, then its nightforce time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 3:38:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#20]
View Quote
The T1/T2's are extremely durable red dots. Add to that the fact that they're small/lightweight and have a never ending battery life, and you've got a great optic. Same reason why Holosun, Sig Sauer, and everyone else have tried to copy it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 6:13:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#22]

The T1/T2's are extremely durable red dots. Add to that the fact that they're small/lightweight and have a never ending battery life, and you've got a great optic. Same reason why Holosun, Sig Sauer, and everyone else have tried to copy it.
View Quote
@SurtrsFire @871JZ

I hear you guys. Well I'm a little withheld from considering one due to 1) $$$ and 2) smaller field of vision vs MRO or EOTech (which I have multiple of & use the most).

I do however like the lower/slimmer profile look, especially with a legit mount like Scalarworks or Geissele. How is the FOV of a T1/2 and which model would you recommend? How about durability vs MRO / EOTech? I'd totally consider it (if the price was right) as my SR-15 Mod 2 is without glass right now guy!

Edit: I'd love to see more photos of the T1/2 or MRO!
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#23]

@SurtrsFire @871JZ

I hear you guys. Well I'm a little withheld from considering one due to 1) $$$ and 2) smaller field of vision vs MRO or EOTech (which I have multiple of & use the most).

I do however like the lower/slimmer profile look, especially with a legit mount like Scalarworks or Geissele. How is the FOV of a T1/2 and which model would you recommend? How about durability vs MRO / EOTech? I'd totally consider it (if the price was right) as my SR-15 Mod 2 is without glass right now guy!

View Quote
Get the h2 if money is a problem.

Or buy used.

All my of t2s I've bought used for around $550 to $600 depending on condition. Got a bnib t2 with a geissele mount on the EE for $600 shipped last month.

Durability wise the t2 is the absolute king imo.

Field of view is obviously smaller if that bothers you, never had a problem though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:13:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#24]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

Get the h2 if money is a problem.

Or buy used.

All my of t2s I've bought used for around $550 to $600 depending on condition. Got a bnib t2 with a geissele mount on the EE for $600 shipped last month.

Durability wise the t2 is the absolute king imo.

Field of view is obviously smaller if that bothers you, never had a problem though.
View Quote
New t1/t2/h1/h2 can be had cheaper than buying in the EE. I would suggest looking in the optics deals section. Buy new T2. Buy cheap mount in EE. Bought a T2 the other day with standard mount for $534. They can be had even cheaper around black friday. Deals can be had in the EE but most of the time a little research can get you there cheaper NIB. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#25]
Durability king right here. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By vet14tango10:

New t1/t2/h1/h2 can be had cheaper than buying in the EE. I would suggest looking in the optics deals section. Buy new T2. Buy cheap mount in EE. Bought a T2 the other day with standard mount for $534. They can be had even cheaper around black friday. Deals can be had in the EE but most of the time a little research can get you there cheaper NIB. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/264989/313271F7-E596-4472-91B3-6F3383478BF0_png-984213.JPG
View Quote
Great prices for quality optics. Same thing stands for KAC uppers. You can pay full retail to NSDefense, Operation Parts...etc., or search online and find them for much cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
@SurtrsFire @871JZ

View All Quotes

@SurtrsFire @871JZ

I had no problems with my MRO but eventually settled with an ACOG/RMR. You said you wanted pics:

Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I had a few MRO's. Solid value. Didn't like the green reticle one though, as it's lime green. As much as I've really liked my Eotech's, is the extra viewing pleasure worth triple the weight? Any of the Aimpoint micros are super duper solid in every way. I've converted to the Comp M5's for the most part. Also been running the ACRO on my G17 for a few weeks now. Jury still out but initial impressions are

Of course, try to save a few $ instead of paying full retail, but what are we really talking about, an afternoon's worth of ammo on an item that should last a decade or longer? Buy what ya want when you want it. :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 6:41:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#29]
Originally Posted By Regency:
https://i.imgur.com/oZE6xd9.jpg
View Quote

New t1/t2/h1/h2 can be had cheaper than buying in the EE. I would suggest looking in the optics deals section. Buy new T2. Buy cheap mount in EE. Bought a T2 the other day with standard mount for $534. They can be had even cheaper around black friday. Deals can be had in the EE but most of the time a little research can get you there cheaper NIB. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/264989/313271F7-E596-4472-91B3-6F3383478BF0_png-984213.JPG
View Quote
Great prices there, almost too good to be true for NIB items. Never heard of that site. Have you ordered from them?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Great prices there, almost too good to be true for NIB items. Never heard of that site. Have you ordered from them?
View Quote
Many times. They get alot of action in the optics deals thread. Have one of their T2 deals inbound.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#31]
Many times. They get alot of action in the optics deals thread. Have one of their T2 deals inbound.
View All Quotes

Yeah, for $543 each it's hard to resist ordering a couple just to have for future builds.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 5:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#32]

Yeah, for $543 each it's hard to resist ordering a couple just to have for future builds.
View Quote
Do tell me more about the T2. What do you guys like and dislike? I'd just hate to have EOTechs, MROs, and a lonesome Aimpoint T2 lol. I need convincing dammit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 7:31:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#33]
Do tell me more about the T2. What do you guys like and dislike? I'd just hate to have EOTechs, MROs, and a lonesome Aimpoint T2 lol. I need convincing dammit.
View All Quotes

I don't care for the flip caps on the T2, but at least they can be removed. I had one and sold it, but I've been contemplating grabbing another. I still have a few T1's and they are excellent. Also have a couple EXPS's and I love them as well, just prefer the lighter Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#34]
An option to see if you like the t2 or not is to buy the cheapo signature romeo5.

It's about the same size, obviously not as high quality or durable as the aim point but the dot and lens will give you an idea of what the aim point is like.

I have a romeo5 on a cheap PSA gun and so far it's been really good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
You can drive yourself crazy with opinions and inter-netting. Buy one and try it. You'll likely keep it, if not, you won't take much of a hit selling it. Especially if you buy from the link above.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#37]
What's going on with those magazine catches?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Lancewood:

View Quote
https://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=61
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#39]
I can totally see KAC updating their IWS lowers with a bolt hold open feature via strong side mag release. Similar to Radian's "Model 1."
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, I gotta blame this forum, thread, and all the posters here...

Just ordered my mod 2 (31900) tonight.

Hope to be posting in here with my setup next week!
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 7:35:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#41]
View All Quotes
@Lancewood

Those mag catches are the sheet. Adds the one feature needed to make the KAC lowers completely ambidextrous by allowing you to lock to bolt open with a press of the mag release. Love them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:55:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WhisperPickle] [#42]

@Lancewood

Those mag catches are the sheet. Adds the one feature needed to make the KAC lowers completely ambidextrous by allowing you to lock to bolt open with a press of the mag release. Love them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20190622_073309_jpg-988698.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20190622_073527_jpg-988700.JPG
View Quote
@871JZ Can you still buy those? I can't seem to find them for sale. Looks like a few years ago they stopped making them due to possible copyright infringement but I don't see if they every started selling them again.

Or my Google-fu just sucks this morning
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:
@871JZ Can you still buy those? I can't seem to find them for sale. Looks like a few years ago they stopped making them due to possible copyright infringement but I don't see if they every started selling them again.

View All Quotes

@Lancewood

@socommatthews

Link Posted: 6/22/2019 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#44]
@socommatthews

View All Quotes

@Lancewood

@socommatthews

I seen that link but there are there no dealers? Buying straight from the manufacturer is always the most expensive.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 11:28:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#45]
I seen that link but there are there no dealers? Buying straight from the manufacturer is always the most expensive.
View All Quotes

@Lancewood

@socommatthews

@socommatthews

Quit your crying and just buy one. It's not like we're talking about an expensive part here. Lol. Even if they had distributors, what are you gonna save, like $5? Not worth the trouble looking when it's a $45 dollar item.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
@Lancewood

View All Quotes
@Lancewood

These are pretty sweet. I remember a guy used one (first gen Redi-Mag?) on deployment. I'd have to train for a while though. My muscle memory as is would have me all fucked up. I think at this point I just avoid things like this and bad levers as I am afraid I'd get all fucked up under stress.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
These are pretty sweet. I remember a guy used one (first gen Redi-Mag?) on deployment. I'd have to train for a while though. My muscle memory as is would have me all fucked up. I think at this point I just avoid things like this and bad levers as I am afraid I'd get all fucked up under stress.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
@Lancewood

I love it, but it absolutely does f**k with muscle memory when going back and forth between a lower with it and without it. Could always add one to all the lowers you typically use, but not everyone wants to do that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#48]

@socommatthews

Quit your crying and just buy one. It's not like we're talking about an expensive part here. Lol. Even if they had distributors, what are you gonna save, like $5? Not worth the trouble looking when it's a $45 dollar item.
View Quote
Hey now, a dealer would not only be cheaper but also likely to run 15-20% off holidays as well
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey now, a dealer would not only be cheaper but also likely to run 15-20% off holidays as well
View All Quotes

@socommatthews

Not worth the wait on such a low dollar item. I'm too impatient to wait for sales.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top