Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2017 8:25:42 PM EDT
I have a SA Loaded with the adjustable stock.

I have a Bassett Machine high picatinny mount

I have a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44

NOW THE QUESTION-

Everything I have read on the internet and from Bassett Machine says to use Weaver style rings.  So here are the 2 that I have found :

Weaver
Vortex

Either will work correct?

Am I missing anything?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Most any rings will work but remember you have to take into account the objective bell diameter to determine whether you need medium or high rings to clear the front hand guard. I just installed a 42 mm scope using a Sadlak mount with medium rings and I have just enough clearance to still be able to use the iron sights under the bell. Since you list the bassett as a high mount you may be able to use any ring that is low as the mount makes up for the difference. I went with warne  qd throw lever rings. All this and that you have the right diameter rings 1" vs 30mm.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think for that mount, you'll be fine with any right, height wise, but try to get the lowest for best cheek weld.  I think like someone else says it depends on your objective bell.  I'm no expert.  

Also, I think midway has some weaver rings on sale even cheaper than that.  They aren't the 3 screw.  They're 2 screw.  But I use the normal ole leupold rings on my M1A and they have worked fine.  I guess if you plan on jumping out of your tree stand or doing something that could knock it a good bit, the more beefy ones make sense though.  

Can you set your scope on top of the mount on the gun and see how much clearance you might need to clear the gun with the objective on your scope?  You might be able to just use the lowest set of rings.....

Would love to see pics when you are done!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I will get some pics posted when all the parts come in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top