Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2012 8:28:13 PM EDT
Anyone remember the CB Colby series of books on the US military?  I remember reading many years ago of M-14 with folding stocks of two types, one being a pantograph stock.  I'm not sure what a pantograph stock is, but I'd love to see pictures of any M14 folding stocks y'all may have.

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not remember that exact book, but I looked at that series a lot when I was a kid (1980s).
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember the series of books well and I checked them all out at numerous times in gradeschool.  

Unfortunately I don't remember that picture.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]

This stock was awesome until i pulled the trigger.  The recoil enhancing nature of the buttpad on that stock was unpleasant to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I want one bad that is one cool stock.  Toss a Socom in that bad boy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/lithgow303/P9260016.jpg

This stock was awesome until i pulled the trigger.  The recoil enhancing nature of the buttpad on that stock was unpleasant to say the least.

Thanks!  Was there another type of folding M14 stock, or was this "pantograph" stock the only one?

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The one I had was an Italian BM stock that the folder mechanism was taken off of and built onto a M14 stock.  Well built, but it was not fun to shoot.  Wound up selling it off for significantly more than I paid for it...
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The first commercial M-14 folders used BM-59 folding stocks. When those ran out they made clones which did not have the diagonal brace. I have one about 3 feet away from me right now, probably never on a gun that was fired.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
See below link for site that is selling a M1A folding stock.  I have one of these on my SOCOM 16.  It originally came on my M1ABush Model I bought in the 90s but kept the stock and put it on the SOCOM when I got it.

http://damageusa.com/product/m14m1a-folding-stock
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 2:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I want one bad that is one cool stock.  Toss a Socom in that bad boy.

Do you ever actually read comic books or do you just look at the pictures?

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 3:20:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/lithgow303/P9260016.jpg

Thats a BM59 stock
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 6:03:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The first commercial M-14 folders used BM-59 folding stocks. When those ran out they made clones which did not have the diagonal brace. I have one about 3 feet away from me right now, probably never on a gun that was fired.

I had one without the brace for the M14/M1A and I still have one without the brace for the Garand.  Biggest issue I have with it is that the butt often collapse under recoil.  Reese had an upgrade "fix" with consisted of a stronger spring in the push button lock.  While that helps, it did not completely cure the problem.  I am thinking of ways to add a brace to stop the problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top