Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:06:08 PM EDT
Just got a new stock for an M1a from www.fredsm14stocks.com. Good prices and nice stock. I have no affiliation with this person but thought I would pass on what I think are some good deals.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:26:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:50:25 PM EDT
Jack (Fred's owner) has seemed to have hired more people and cleaned his wharehouse out. His shipping times have gotten much better.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:33:39 PM EDT
I ordered an as new walnut last weekend. My new Springfield came with the crinkled synthetic stock and its already chipping No big deal though, I planned on putting her in a new set of walnut anyway.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:26:31 PM EDT
And a couple years ago, they were much cheaper. I bought one in all the different woods and six different synthetic ones.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:13:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SS109:
And a couple years ago, they were much cheaper.

Seem to remember the same thing about ....

Gasoline
Cheeseburgers
Beer
­Ammo
Guns (I remember when I bought a HK91 for $400 and the seller was convinced I was the one who got screwed!!)

Ah - Time & Great Deals Fly By!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT
I ordered last friday IIRC, tiger grade 2 birch, usgi synthetic, 2 handguards, chamber brushes, bandoleers, op rod springs, got them today. Even threw in a gi black handguard!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:54:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Coopmandu:
I ordered an as new walnut last weekend. My new Springfield came with the crinkled synthetic stock and its already chipping No big deal though, I planned on putting her in a new set of walnut anyway.

That Springfield painted stock is such a POS. Mine started chipping right out of the box!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:25:35 PM EDT
My one and only dealing with Fred's wasn't good. I hope any of you that order from Fred's have better luck than I did. I placed a small order for some targets and slings. They mailed the targets, shorted me on the slings, and charged me for everything. I tried to email them, GOT NO REPLY. I tried to call many times over a 2 MONTH PERIOD WITH ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ANSWERING THEIR PHONES. When someone finally answered it was Jack. I tried to ask nicely about the shorted items. Jack was just plain rude. I asked if they usually ignore there phones and if there customer service was always this poor....Jack told me, maybe I just shouldn't do business with them.

Sure, my order wasn't all that big, but I can't imagine the owner of a company with such a bad attitude about customer service.

I certainly hope this type of treatment isn't normal, but Jack is absolutely not getting another chance at my business.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:33:04 PM EDT
Free with every stock:

good info...and copious ammounts of tinfoilery.

BTW, the select grade E2 stock I got from Fred's was outstanding and shipped inside of 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bmick325:
Free with every stock:

good info...and copious ammounts of tinfoilery.

BTW, the select grade E2 stock I got from Fred's was outstanding and shipped inside of 2 weeks.

Yes, you have to love the UN bashing.

Of course, I do need to practice his rifleman tips more. I shot his rifleman test and got a cook rating this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:21:57 PM EDT
Just got my order from fred's last week; targets and a couple of books. Very fast service, from internet order to my door was about four days. I did call after a day or two to verify some CC info, and like most people in the "industry" the people skills were below par. But thats just the way things go 99.99999% of the time.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:09 PM EDT
Got my order in last week. Took 4 days from the time I placed it online. Very impressed with the stock I received. I ordered the "as new" walnut with heavy dings............. I couldn't find any heavy dings on this stock anywhere. Very nice piece of lumber Only problem with it is the trigger lockup sucks. I used some thin cardboard to shim it up until I get around to bedding it. Oh, and my order did come with a free handguard.

Top Top