Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:40:57 PM EDT
So today we have an interesting episode of how the hell did they do that. So there I was working in the arms room for rifle turn in, and low an behold a Rookie comes in with his M14 and he says it's broken. He hands us the guide rod and the selector lock, and its associated parts. Here is the kicker... he broke the selector lock, right in half, while in the rifle. He says they were doing close quarter combat training and next thing he knows his selector lock is falling out of his rifle onto the ground. How the hell do you break that thing...

Steve
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Drop the rifle on a concrete sidewalk?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Using it as a baseball bat?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Joe can break a solid brick of steel.  Give him a chance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Some people, given half a chance, are fully capable of ruining a perfectly good anvil with a rubber hammer.

Actually, it was probably a defective part to begin with....  QC escapee...

Just my thoughts,
Swampy

Garands forever
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I figured it was probably a bad part from the get go, can't think of any other reason it would snap like that. This year we have had more weapons break than in the past three years combined, these things are getting old, makes me somewhat concerned about the ones that are actually seeing combat...

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top