Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:22:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 8:26:05 PM EDT by whatsthedotonmychst4]
I've been slacking on putting these up for some time now. This is my Poly-tech I bought about a month ago. Took it to the range and had no problems with it. Shot S.A., Israeli, and Austrian surplus through it with zero problems. I nailed some 8 month old dip bottles i had lying around at about 100 yds.

I will try to get some more pics soon to post up
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 7:37:34 PM EDT by Log]
You need to upload them to photobucket.com or some other online hosting site. It's free. Then copy the "Img" link and post it in your message. It should look like this, but lose the parentheses.

img]img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/mfblog/Guns/M1%20Garand/M1Garands-Right1.jpg[/img

You need to have brackets around the "img" that are at the beginning and end of the link though. I deleted them so you could see what the link would look like.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:28:58 PM EDT
Nice rifle. I have a Poly. Love it. Sure as hell wouldn't take an S.A. Inc for it. Lose the bi pod. Too much weight, no benefit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:47:08 AM EDT
eh, got the bi-pod for free. i will probably ditch it an save up to get a bette one. From what i heard harris is a good bi-pod. I wanna get a synthetic stock as well since my rifle has plastic furniture
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:32:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 8:33:51 AM EDT by Sukebe]

Originally Posted By whatsthedotonmychst4:
eh, got the bi-pod for free. i will probably ditch it an save up to get a bette one. From what i heard harris is a good bi-pod. I wanna get a synthetic stock as well since my rifle has plastic furniture

From the photo, it looks like your rifle has a synthetic USGI stock. Someone filled in the selector cut out and re painted it. They are excellent stocks for a service rifle. Not match grade by any stretch but better than wood. Although not as pretty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

From the photo, it looks like your rifle has a synthetic USGI stock. Someone filled in the selector cut out and re painted it. They are excellent stocks for a service rifle. Not match grade by any stretch but better than wood. Although not as pretty.

really? huh? it just felt so much like plastic that i assumed.... of, wait, that was my problem... i assumed
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:50:59 PM EDT by Sukebe]

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

really? huh? it just felt so much like plastic that i assumed.... of, wait, that was my problem... i assumed

They are plastic, more or less. Nonetheless, they are very good all climate stocks. If you want pretty (nothing wrong with that BTW), get a nice USGI wood stock. If you want durability, use the stock you have on it. Enjoy your Poly and hang on to it. More than ever, the Chinese M14's are sought after by discerning M14 enthusiasts. It's not a rifle you should part with.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:11:59 PM EDT
wanna sell the bi-pod? IM me.
Top Top