Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:51:11 AM EDT
Well I finally changed my order with the CMP from a USGI HRA to a field grade winnie.I gave up on the hopes that my USGI would come in after a year waiting.Will post pics as soon as it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:14:27 AM EDT
I didn't know they had any left?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:31:41 PM EDT
My FG Winnie showed up Wed. Took 30 days from order mailed to rifle received. In short (haven't taken pics yet):

metal is a good as can be expected. Only Winchester parts are the receiver and gas cylinder(everything else is SA).
Barrel appears to meet service grade criteria (2-53 SA) accodring to my stone axe tool (3.5 TE, 2-2.5 ME), came full of crap, but cleaned up nice.
Stock is salvagable, however both handguards are worthless (all three pieces are euro beech blonde- hideous IMHO). Probably will replace the entire set ASAP with a CMP set.

Overall I think I got what I expected, certainly what was advertised. Pics to follow this weekend.

Now I just need an H&R to complete the foursome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:27:47 PM EDT
Tag for pics. Sound just like my Winchester FG that I received last week. Although my stock is pretty rough, it is USGI Springfield at least, in fact a fresh coat of Minwax Tung Oil is drying on it as I type!
Top Top