Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:36:10 PM EDT
I just got my paperwork together and I will be ordering my first M1 soon. I am looking for a true, correct piece, possibly something collectable. I may or may not fire it.

Currently, they have H&R, Correct Grade, in stock for $900(R005GK-HRA*). Is this a reasonable price?

www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:56 PM EDT
yes. the day they stop selling garands, they double in price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:15:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tommygs:
yes. the day they stop selling garands, they double in price.

Double?
I'll bet they triple.
I can go to the local gun show and find CMP Garands that were more than likely Field Grade and they are going for $800 and up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:19:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:20:18 AM EDT by NovaHokie9]
My Winnie FG shipped today. Serial #1292XXX. Can't wait for tomorrow.

(This means, yes, order the H&R ASAP!!)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:23:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NovaHokie9:
My Winnie FG shipped today. Serial #1292XXX. Can't wait for tomorrow.

(This means, yes, order the H&R ASAP!!)

Hope you get a better one than I got. Finish was well worn and stock was junk. TE was a 4.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:17:26 PM EDT
I'm driving down to the CMP North store Saturday morning.. I'm going to buy something, I Don't know what it is yet but I'm hopeing it'll be nice .
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:28:12 PM EDT
Like some other members have mentioned, get the nicest one you can. I just bought a field grade because it's all I could afford, but a field grade is better than none.

I placed my order like 12 days ago, it's been confirmed that they've received and signed for it, but I called today and they don't have it in their computer yet. Is it normal to take this long?

I know they're busy, just curious as to how long I should expect before my order gets processed, etc. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:30:20 PM EDT
I went to a gun show over the weekend, the only reasonably priced M1 I saw for sale was on one guys back..for $600. Most I saw were field grades, going for around $7-800 Most it appeared, stayed on the tables too, The day the CMP runs out of M1 you can bet these gunshow con artists will be doing a brisk business....Buy them while you can, The days of the CMP selling M1's won't last forever.
Top Top