Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:58:01 AM EDT
Anyone ever had their rear sight aperture rachet back down to flush upon recoil?  Placing the sight 1-2 clicks up in elevation seemed to fall back down to flush on me.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same problem.  I thought there was something seriously wrong with my rifle when I experienced the problem.  I sent an e-mail to Fulton Armory and the responding e-mail told me how to fix the problem.

There is a slotted head nut on the right side of the rear sight knob (windage knob) that needs to be snugged up.   Get a good fitting screwdriver to snug it up while holding the elevation knob with something that will not mar the finish.   On an older well worn rifle the teeth on the elevation disc may be badly worn and you may have to replace the elevation disc.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had the same problem.  I thought there was something seriously wrong with my rifle when I experienced the problem.  I sent an e-mail to Fulton Armory and the responding e-mail told me how to fix the problem.

There is a slotted head nut on the right side of the rear sight knob (windage knob) that needs to be snugged up.   Get a good fitting screwdriver to snug it up while holding the elevation knob with something that will not mar the finish.   On an older well worn rifle the teeth on the elevation disc may be badly worn and you may have to replace the elevation disc.

Well, that worked like a charm.  Thanks for the to-the-point response!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem.

Replaced the entire bastage with new USGI for $60.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
had the exact same problem the other day, did what he said, tightend the screw on the windage knob. and it seems to work fine now, took out my SA M1A today, shoots great,  using South African ball ammo. best ive got so far is 5 shot groups a little under 2 inches open sight with a pretty much shit for a rest. cant wait to get a scope on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
had the exact same problem the other day, did what he said, tightend the screw on the windage knob. and it seems to work fine now, took out my SA M1A today, shoots great,  using South African ball ammo. best ive got so far is 5 shot groups a little under 2 inches open sight with a pretty much shit for a rest. cant wait to get a scope on it.

I have an M1A with a TRW barrel that produces the same groups with the same ammo. (South African R1M1)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
i believe mine is just the stardard M1A barrel,  yeah that is the same ammo, i seen them markings on the back of my cases
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top