Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:31:17 PM EDT
I was looking at the list of M1A Springfield factory parts over at Brownells.

They list a NM gas cylinder for $114 and a NM M25 gas cylinder for $73.75.

I thought the M25 used the same gas cylinder. Whats the difference?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The $114 is the old price of the AMU screwed and glued cylinder.  

SA nows welds to unitize, and the price is lower of these units.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI The N.M unitized gas cylinders that brownells sells  (springfield armory inc.) are NOT  USGI , they are cast reproductions.     PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Not that new production Springfield Armory Inc are as good as USGI but werent the USGI gas cylinders cast too?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
USGI  gas cylinders were forged, not cast. A good friend of mine is a nationally known M1-A builder and has told me that the reproduction gas cylinders have been known to just stop working for no apparent reason.          PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:  A good friend of mine is a nationally known M1-A builder and has told me that the reproduction gas cylinders have been known to just stop working for no apparent reason.  

If you think about what you just said...how is that even possible?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgive me , maybe i had a few too many on new years eve, how is what even possible? That a repro gas cylinder stops working?        PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top