Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 2:56:39 PM EDT
Picked up a Limited "loaded" version built on 12-12-98 (or that is when it left the factory, as per the Springfield reps computer database) for $1000 delivered.  Here is the kicker, the rifle is new and unfired, still slimey with cosmoline and the factory tags on the trigger guard, unfilled waranty card.  I did not believe the seller at first, but gave is giving me a 5 day inspection period and he has not cashed the bank check as of today.

Rifle should be here either tomorrow or Saturday, but I'm not trying to think about it.

I have all ready acquired extra mags, plenty of ammo, the proper break down and cleaning tools, an ARMS #18, a fixed 10X mil-dot scope, and ACOG TA11 on a #19 ACOG.

I smell a Marine DMR in the works.

Sorry to be self gratuitous, but I'm stoked!

Of course pics will follow.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You lucky dog!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Brother! I love my M1A!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You have every reason to be "stoked".
In fact,you shouldn't be able (or allowed) to sleep for a week.

Welcome to the family.I remember when I got my first one.A National Match built in 1978 (4 digit serial #).

I love'em so much I just got my 3rd M1A (standard preban under 40,000 serial number) last saturday.I even got a hell of a deal cause I paid $800 for it.Am I living right or what??

Anywhoooo I hope ya enjoy it as much as we do ours.

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I saw a few pics of a couple Marines with this configuration in Afghanistan.

Thinking about ditching the TA11 and putting on a Leupold M1 LR 3.5-10X40 Mil-dot in a ARMS #35 mount and low rings.  Depends whether or not I can find the a Leupold M1 4.5-14X50 for my Savage 10FP LE2 at a reasonable price.

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#5]
You lucky dog!!

What a great find! Congrats!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
rock&roll you lucky dog your luck is as good as mine I picked up a unfired armcorp m14 pre-ban with douglas barrel all h&r usgi parts for $900. You will be stroking the barrel for a month before it get's old to you have fun :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top