Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 1:04:31 PM EDT
I see on http://www.fulton-armory.com  that they are offering a M14 clone. Does anybody have any first hand info on these?

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The receiver is made by Armscorp for FA. They are machined and polished, sent to FA where if they meet FAs standards they are heat treated then sent back to Armscorp for final park.
They have a really good deal, you send them a barrel and bolt and they will barrel and headspace the bolt to a receiver for $499.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks interesting, especially since I have a "spare" M14 parts kit on hand.  Less receiver and stock, but Freds has box cars of those.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a damn fine looking rifle

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The receiver is made by Armscorp for FA. They are machined and polished, sent to FA where if they meet FAs standards they are heat treated then sent back to Armscorp for final park.
They have a really good deal, you send them a barrel and bolt and they will barrel and headspace the bolt to a receiver for $499.

Thay are not made by Armscorp.I called and asked Mark at Armscorp to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
and....  (I assume that wasn't the end of the conversation.)

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Well SOMEONE has to be making it for them.... I doubt that they tooled up to make the receivers themselves....and I seriously doubt SA Inc is making the receivers for them.......
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Dunno who is making the receivers, but I had Clint make me a rack-grade M1A on a Springfield receiver, and it's the finest semi-auto I have ever owned.  FA is spendy and the wait isn't short, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a member over at www.battlerifles.com that gave us a first hand report that Armscorp is making the receivers for Fulton Armory using Fulton Armory specifications.  The BR.com member happened to be at Armscorp to buy an Armscorp receiver when a representative of Fulton Armory was there inspecting receivers made for Fulton Armory.  I apologize for not remembering the user name of the BR.com member.  

Fulton Armory has also stated that there receivers are made in Maryland by an experienced M14 type manufacturer.  That doesn't leave too many choices.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I will soon have some first hand experience with this one. Since I posted the original question I ordered a "service grade" with NM sites and trigger which ought to be here in a couple weeks! I will post on it when I have fired it. I am expecting it to be very sweet, of course!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Let us know the delivery time, I'm close to sending my barrel and bolt.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top