Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 9:08:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a primative gas bleed system on my T26 (M1 Tanker).  Only way it would function properly, otherwise it'd rip the rims off cases.  This rifle had a very rough chamber and the problems decreased when it was polished but I still had to bleed a little gas.  Rifle finally ran so well I had it rebarrelled to 7.62mm NATO so I could afford to shoot it.

The system I used was a drilled gas cylinder plug into which different hollow Allen screws could be inserted.  Varying size holed down the bore of the screw vented varying amounts of gas.

The bleed system isn't needed since conversion to T26E1 but I only shoot military ammo out of it.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the gas plug I bought from you at Camp Perry with my 175 grn long range ( hot ) loads and the gun functioned well and no bent oprod or signs of over stressing.
Thanks for bringing it up to Perry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top