Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2003 2:04:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2003 2:12:23 PM EDT by GreyGhost]
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3624100055&category=36258

Do you think this would be better than my Smith mount?Sure would be easier taking it off.

This sure takes some nerve to blatantly try to sell people a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
Ive yet to see an M1A or M14 variant whos handguard didnt move freely to some degree. I cant even begin to imagine how bolting a rail to the fiberglass handguard could maintain a zero, even on a short range red dot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:10:53 PM EDT
Someone no doubt made the thing up.Never seen 1 like that before.It's very cheesy.Not accurate and won't last 5 minutes in the field.Bottom line-it's junk.

I for 1 would stay with the SMITH mount.The cost of a Smith mount is above me even if I could find 1.

I also sell alot of ARMS #18 mounts.They would be my second choice and I have 3 I use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2003 3:39:11 PM EDT by GreyGhost]
This was posted tongue in cheek.I've already got the best mount in the Smith.

Shephard---Are you saying the Smith is hard to find now?Just curious.
Also,in reality,I've never actually held a ARMS mount but it looks to be just as good as a Smith.I just wanted to rag on you ARMS guys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:46:18 PM EDT
the best mount is the newer version of the arms 18 mount. It has a full picatany rail and it mounts the scope closer to your receiver. I noticed this same type on the USMC DMR M1A rifles except G&G made the mount. Besides the Smith is bulky and kind of akward.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:53:33 PM EDT
I went with the A.R.M.S. #18, #19A (not ACOG) & #21 STANAG Rings.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:10:45 PM EDT
Yah, so...which is the best mount?

And where can I find one? I have a Springfield GenIII...and it's shit. First round is dead-on POA, and the rest...well, at 200 yards, drifting right and down by half a foot after 5 rounds. This is NOT good.

Will said better mounts allow use of iron sights while it's mounted? Is the whole mount itself quick-attach and detach, instead of just the scope being quick detach?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:53:03 AM EDT
The Smith and the ARMS are the 2 best mounts.Both are 1st class.I have the Smith and it is rock solid.You can use irons with the Smith.If I remember right you could not use irons with the original ARMS but with the newer version ARMS you can use irons.

It's probably a 60/40 split between ARMS and Smith.I think more people use ARMS because they have a higher profile name.That doesn't mean anything negative,just ARMS sells so many other products also that they have a higher profile.

I bought the Smith because it is a clone of the Brookfield which is the best mount.Brookfields are $350 or so "IF" you can find one.Either Smith or ARMS will serve you fine.

www.smithenterprise.com
www.armsmounts.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:40:01 PM EDT
I've got a Smith Enterprise mount on my M1A.

I'm pretty happy with it. Rock solid.

You can buy them direct from Smith Enterprise.

Link:
www.smithenterprise.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:13:42 AM EDT
I got the Smith mount, and have NEVER looked back. Very happy with it.
Top Top