Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 1:49:01 PM EDT
I would really like a pistol grip stock for my preban M1A but I don't like the E2 or McMillan. I checked out Reese Surplus and that seems to have promise. What I would REALLY like is something like the Troy Ind SOPMOD stock but I do not want to pay $2500.00 for a rifle conversion. I have asked about stocks over on Battlerifles.com but have not received many answers. Anyone have ideas?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah,there might be a sollution to your problem.
Since I don't have a photo I'll have to explain it.
This will work on a wood or fiberglass stock.

1)cut stock behind receiver section of stock and flatten (straight cut) bottom of stock behind trigger gaurd area.

2)install a shotgun pistol grip.you must also drill a hole in back of stock and front of pistol grip for alighnment pin.top or bottom,I don't remember.

3)install metal collapsable(?) stock from M1 30 carbine.

I saw this done and it looked real good.I'm going to do this for 1 of my prebans when I get time.
One word of wisdom here.Check the parts involved with this project (carbine stock) to make sure brackets are heavy enough to stand up to the recoil.This is something I haven't checked myself.Hope this helps ya out.

I like the look of the sopmod myself but can't justify the cost either.To bad they won't sell just the stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top