Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2017 1:34:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!

M-lok prototypes in the works too?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet ass! Any chance you might see it in MLOK?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks great!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool!

M-lok prototypes in the works too?
View Quote
In their industry thread of upcoming accessories they said that they were working on M-lok compatible stuff, so hopefully they come out with a lightweight M-lok system as well, as that's the standard a lot of departments (and SOCOM) are moving to.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
While I'm glad it's something....why not MLOK or Keymod? I mean this is HK level of head scratching as a consumer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It essentially is Keymod.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure nobody thought of it, but you might consider M-Lok.

Along with light barrel profiles and 1:8 twist.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It essentially is Keymod.
View Quote
Supposedly KM attachments work.  Still don't understand going with a completely unsupported attachment method.  It worked out great for H&K, so why not, right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The AAC SquareDrop technology is a modified Keymod attachment method. All standard keymod accessories attach the same as a standard Keymod rail.

The advantage of SquareDrop is the attachment architecture, its different than Keymod and nets much greater pull out strength. Very similar to M-lok in strength. Also SquareDrop is more ascetically appealing than Keymod.

And yes we are developing a M-lok version as well. The installed base of Keymod is far greater than M-lok currently but M-lok will eclipse Keymod so we are developing both.
View Quote
Thank you. You guys are making MLOK is all I needed to hear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
It's super cool to see that you're still developing parts for the ACR. Any word on the next batch of 10.5" barrels? Everyone supplier I can find is OOS and a few show backorders are overdue!

Edit: It seems like the main form of the ACR would make it a prime candidate for a telescoping stock like the MP5 or MPX, too
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to see solid numbers on SquareDrop before I adopt something other than Mlok. SOCOM is moving toward Mlok. The chances of you guys disrupting that institutional momentum is slim, unless it's leaps and bounds better.

ETA: Looks like SquareDrop has been in the works for a few years. First I'm hearing of this system, though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice.

Glad to see more ACR support from BM. 
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Hoping this platform gets some BM love soon.  Love to spend some money on my ACR
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Great stuff!
Like the mod'd Keymod.
Keep em coming Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Could we get some more glimpses behind that curtain, please?
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#17]
2nd'ed for more pictures. I'm torn on if I like the OEM handguard or not.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#18]
would love to see a pick of the mlok version!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The AAC SquareDrop technology is a modified Keymod attachment method. All standard keymod accessories attach the same as a standard Keymod rail.

The advantage of SquareDrop is the attachment architecture, its different than Keymod and nets much greater pull out strength. Very similar to M-lok in strength. Also SquareDrop is more ascetically appealing than Keymod.

And yes we are developing a M-lok version as well. The installed base of Keymod is far greater than M-lok currently but M-lok will eclipse Keymod so we are developing both.
View Quote
^Awesome.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for updates.

I've got an OLD ACR (read... sub 100 SN, lol)... that I bought the week they hit the shelves... it could use some new parts.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:would love to see a pick of the mlok version!
View Quote
Effin' A!
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thought everyone would like to see some new prototypes

No dates - no prices - no info - just pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/ldndhmo.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't much care about pics, I want to see it in the web store!
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm liking what I see. Keep it up!
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice!

What are the chances of a aluminum barrel trunnion and spanned wrench style barrel nut? Could just grab the demensions from Remington’s V2
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nice!

What are the chances of a aluminum barrel trunnion and spanned wrench style barrel nut? Could just grab the demensions from Remington’s V2
View Quote
Has anyone made these from the super strong aluminum or titanium? The ACR seems like an amazing gun to go after for aftermarket.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#26]
They have been made in small batches in aluminum.   They are amazing.  I run one in both of my main go to rifles.   It’s about 5 oz lighter than stock iirc.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes the community aftermarket has made some runs as bigdog states.. But I missed it getting into the ACR game kinda late. Been toying with the idea of getting a second gun and taking the factory trunnion over to a local mfg and seeing what could be come up with to make something that could be regularly produced at a reasonable cost. Utilizing a DD barrel nut or something similar to a castle nut. Time is the limiting factor, and money for prototyping parts is pretty large.

Bushmaster, if you’re listening.. the new barrel profile (which should have been the original profile) is a good start. But the next step in balancing the weight of this rifle would be the system developed by Remington to get away from the QD system as an aftermarket part or modification. Changing the barrel would be fairly quick with a tool and barrel nut torqued to an aluminum trunnion.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:Been toying with the idea of getting a second gun and taking the factory trunnion over to a local mfg and seeing what could be come up with to make something that could be regularly produced at a reasonable cost.
View Quote
Without thousands of dollars to invest, you're wasting your time. The only way to get a reasonable cost is to do a large quantity, like 50 or 100... unless you have your own machine shop. It's the setups for each machining operation that take the time and cost the money, you pay for them for 1 trunnion or 100. Also, just using 1 trunnion for reference is asking for trouble. OEM tolerances are all over the place. The factory trunnions aren't even the same left to right, let alone from one to the next. I used 3, and still had to tweek some dims as all 3 were on the high side for the op rod tower width. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guys we hear you, the Bushmaster ACR without a tool-less quick change barrel feature is straying away from the original plan. The idea is to be able to configure and change the rifle without any tools and once you start to add/change parts that requires the user to have tools it changes the original goals of the platform. Not saying we will not go that route in the future but it is not a goal right now.

We are looking at weight savings but that often comes at a cost so it's a balancing act to get it light and stay reliable in all situations.

The Remington Defense version is built for different uses/requirements and that is why you see variations between the firearms.
View Quote
If parts were actually available, as you guys have been promising for a decade, there would be an incentive to change and configure our rifles. Where are the caliber conversions and different lowers? Right now, there is literally zero reason unless we want the new 1/7 twist 5.56 barrels or we SBR.

And to top it off, reminding us that we're not special enough for the RemDef ACR. People want a lighter-weight rifle. The aftermarket has been picking up that slack after you guys left us hanging. There is a whole segment of owners trying to get the weight down. Just release the RemDef ACR to us already.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Also Bushmaster, you said earlier that you were going to have one of the caliber conversions ready before the end of the year. It's December 15th already and you've said nothing more!
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guys we hear you, the Bushmaster ACR without a tool-less quick change barrel feature is straying away from the original plan. The idea is to be able to configure and change the rifle without any tools and once you start to add/change parts that requires the user to have tools it changes the original goals of the platform. Not saying we will not go that route in the future but it is not a goal right now.

We are looking at weight savings but that often comes at a cost so it's a balancing act to get it light and stay reliable in all situations.

The Remington Defense version is built for different uses/requirements and that is why you see variations between the firearms.
View Quote
no you don't
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Remington Defense ACR is different and typically sold as select fire only (not civilian legal). Sorry, no disrespect to consumers but they are only sold to LE/MIL.

Also the parts and conversions are currently in testing/R&D. Once finished and available for sale you will be the first to know. We did say in one conversion/firearm may* be ready by Christmas but we are behind in testing so it will be pushed out a bit. If we can sneak some pics out of the R&D lab we will and post them up to show proof.

We understand the frustration and want these completed more than anyone so please be patient and we will continue to give updates so you are in the loop.
View Quote
This isn't a knock, or anything like that, but I'm just curious how many of those Rem ACR select fire rifles are actually being fielded or riding trunk monkey or what not in squad cars?
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do not see a problem with the design. I only suggest using lighter materials. I understand that as the whole ACR manufacturer you may not offer that. It would be a good thing for the aftermarket to take on.

Like everyone who complains about the ACR is just complaining to complain. To me, it seems like an excellent rifle. It pretty much comes stock with all the parts one would want for their AR's.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This isn't a knock, or anything like that, but I'm just curious how many of those Rem ACR select fire rifles are actually being fielded or riding trunk monkey or what not in squad cars?
View Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but I only know of one.  It's semi local to me and I am building a barrel for it in the near future.

There's only like 12-14 defense rifles on the streets.  I don't think there's many post sample ones in the wild minus the black PDW that shows up from time to time in 3 gun shoots and such.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#37]
First off, thank you for communicating with us in the forum. I appreciate that more of the companies focus is going to the ACR, as it still is the platform with the most potential out of the box. There is a reason I waited so long to get one, and now I have another on the way. I really want this platform to succeed which is why I am posting my thoughts on the matter. None of these come with any sort of distain behind them, because I have not been waiting a decade for things to change. I do however see the potential, am an avid shooter (~8-10k rounds a year), and this is quickly becoming my favorite rifle to shoot. I own more than a couple high end (KAC and others) AR's as that is the benchmark I go off of.

Quoted:
View Quote
A lightweight trunnion seems to be a pretty asked for option within the community... the original plan kinda went out the window almost a decade ago, now youre playing catch up. The community has been making its own parts for a while, I'd look at the parts being produced for the direction you should go with accessories and add ons. I don't think any of us are asking for the current QD rifle being sold to change.. or to revise your main selling point of the rifle... because I think its a really cool option, as I want one of my ACR's to retain it.. I am asking for it to be an option we can buy into via accessories as most of our rifles are staying relatively the same (ie my SBR). Also, it would be a system that only requires a wrench similar to BCM or DD that connects to a standard 3/8 driver, and also improve accuracy due to a tighter lock up and torque spec.

Think "what would a competition shooter want?" as thats what most of the popular accessories come from.

Quoted:The Remington Defense version is built for different uses/requirements and that is why you see variations between the firearms.
View Quote
How? I am actice duty Mil. and I will never see an ACR or anything other than pre 2010 era AR tech. This is a very dangerous train of thought for a company hoping to sell to the firearms community... very HK mindset, which is not held to great regard in the CONUS firearms community.
Think of the most highly regarded firearms companies currently... KAC, DD, BCM, ETC...  ill even through the SCAR platform in there... what do they have in common and what makes them so appealing to the masses? They are essentially Mil quality OR BETTER, and the only difference between the civ counter part and mil counterpart is another option on the safety selector, and possibly a slightly larger gas port to account for BS cheap ammo (stop overgassing guns please, tell people using steel garbage to go buy better ammo, or better yet put it as a disclaimer that steel ammo will void warranty and that it may cause malfunctions due to being garbage).

Quoted:
The Remington Defense ACR is different and typically sold as select fire only (not civilian legal). Sorry, no disrespect to consumers but they are only sold to LE/MIL.
View Quote
Now that you fixed the barrel profile issue.. You have your answer to 90% what the community wants right next door at your sister company. You want to sell a ton of ACR's?

1: At the minimum make a poly mold of the remdef ACR lower, basically just give us changeable grip options and a tastefully flared magwell; you already have the ambi solution solved in a great way. Aluminum would be rad too, and weight on that part of the rifle isnt a big deal.

2: continue to solve the weight issue on the front side of the gun. Aluminum trunnion with a simple Ti castle nut for the barrel as an upgrade option. This would also allow you to make a more ergonomic smaller profile rail you can gear toward 3-gunners and competition shooters. Guess where people look to for gear and accessories to buy? Mil and competition shooters. It will also make the gun inherently more accurate and the barrel will have a more stable foundation and higher torque on the extension.

3: Get rid of the quad rail as an "enhanced version" ... quad rails as an "upgrade" went out the window with the advent of KM and MLOK. MLOK is the fan favorite, stick with what people want and dont try and reinvent the wheel. Have longer rail lengths available for purchase with a small cut out for the gas regulator... look at whats popular on the SCAR. And guess what?! you already made one, it is just REMDEF and change the slots to mlok and offer more lengths.

4. Last but not least... Put a Geissele trigger in it. Or at the minimum make your own match trigger to come with it as the base option.

Incorporate these changes, and you'll have a gun more than worth a 1800 price tag.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I only know of one.  It's semi local to me and I am building a barrel for it in the near future.

There's only like 12-14 defense rifles on the streets.  I don't think there's many post sample ones in the wild minus the black PDW that shows up from time to time in 3 gun shoots and such.
View Quote
And that's the thing. It's not like the RemDef ACR is being adopted by any organization here or internationally in any meaningful way. It's a product that has been available for a while and hasn't been picked up. At least try and get back some of that investment by making it available to the public. Even the MCX has seen wider adoption.

Making it semi auto should be a breeze. I'm pretty sure it's as easy as not drilling the sear hole and changing up some of the fire control parts. Just tell us straight up why we can't have access to that version. Is it due to some stubborn managers who think the .mil is better than the commercial market? Cost? Because some contracts, especially overseas, have stipulations that barr the adoption of rifles that are available commercially?

The perception is that Bishmaster is out of touch with what the consumers want. I appreciate the gesture in trying to get things going again with the platform, but understand that you guys have a reputation of consistently over-promising and under-delivering. I just wish your slow institutional response to the market would speed up a bit, and give us products that we actually want, rather than what you think we want. *cough* SquareDrop handguard *cough*.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:A lightweight trunnion seems to be a pretty asked for option within the community...
View Quote
Not as much as you think. If you don't believe me, start a poll.

Edited to add: I'm Hkbeltfed, provider of the lightweight trunnions some have referred to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Also just wanted to say; thank you for the pictures and showing us you are developing the platform more. Gives us more hope.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#41]
"The remdef ACR is select fire and therefore only sold to LE/MIL."

Yeah, because installing a semi-auto FCG is a huge burden.

Just face it, Shrubmaster is still making excuses. They finished the Remington handguard years ago, the squaredrop could be put into production at any time. There is no credible reason that a good factory slim forend is not available other than "fuck you, we don't care enough about that." In a decade the only new accessory they've managed to release is 5.56 barrels, aka the one thing we've all been easily doing already without Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Probably that another 10 years for that new handguard to come out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I know that it sucks to not have the Remdef parts yet but I did talk to Remington/Bushmaster today about some Pre Shot Show planning.  While I can't say what is getting released, I can say that I wasn't disappointed with what I heard.  They are pushing some good products out and testing even more side ventures as well.  Stuff I didn't even think of or haven't been able to produce yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I know that it sucks to not have the Remdef parts yet but I did talk to Remington/Bushmaster today about some Pre Shot Show planning.  While I can't say what is getting released, I can say that I wasn't disappointed with what I heard.  They are pushing some good products out and testing even more side ventures as well.  Stuff I didn't even think of or haven't been able to produce yet.
View Quote
Hopes and dreams man, hopes and dreams.  But they would be wise to actually start releasing some of these items and ideas.  I heard Midwest Industries is also possibly getting some skin in the ACR game soon.  Dare I say you've done more for ACR maintaining decent popularity more so than RemDef or Bushmaster have ever done...
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#45]
So much for 2017 being the year of the ACR
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I really want to get an ACR. Bushmaster continues to remind me that unfulfilled promises do not a successful business make. Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good Lord...you now have a whole new model, 4 different barrel lengths available, a new stock, 1/7 twist, aac mounts stock, new safeties from bushy.

Nexus gives you a new lower, enhanced bolt release, new rails, enhanced safety's.

Midwest Industries gets on board with a new rail.

Heck there is a new binary trigger coming out in a few weeks.

The rifle litterally went from almost zero major support, to having a bunch in one year.

Do I wish new calibers were out, yep, but damn if I'm am not happy with the amount of stuff we got this year, with promise for more next year from the above major players.

Add this in with Dana from Templar offering barrel conversions, bad ass safeties, and folding charging handles and the rifle is finally starting to get some real attention...I frankly am enjoying the new stuff popping up weekly it seems as of late.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good Lord...you now have a whole new model, 4 different barrel lengths available, a new stock, 1/7 twist, aac mounts stock, new safeties from bushy.

Nexus gives you a new lower, enhanced bolt release, new rails, enhanced safety's.

The rifle litterally went from almost zero major support, to having a bunch in one year.

Do I wish new calibers were out, yep, but damn if I'm am not happy with the amount of stuff we got this year, with promise for more next year from the above major players.

Add this in with Dana from Templar offering barrel conversions, bad ass safeties, and folding charging handles and the rifle is finally starting to get some real attention...I frankly am enjoying the new stuff popping up weekly it seems as of late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New stock?
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Anything is more aesthetically appealing than dickmod/garage storage shelf-mod.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

New stock?
View Quote
Official, not PTS, DMR stock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top