Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope everything gets better soon with your kid.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

August was a total loss with moving the shop and setting up.

As far as the queue having been stagnant for some time, we had over 80 cans here for recores when we decided to initiate that system to reduce the number that we had physically in the shop at any given time.  We did not start calling people to bring in more until we got under 20 on the shelf, which took about 3 months.  It is moving now, but in the immediate future, holidays do make a mess of things, and we're also in the midst of a personal matter concerning one of my children that has commanded a great deal of our time the last couple weeks.  For most people working normal 35-50 hour weeks, personal matters & work can be balanced better.  I work an average of 68 hours per week, and that does not include responding to emails and messages on Facebook & bulletin boards, so when demanding personal matters come up, it does sometimes detract from the number of hours I'm able to put in making parts.  Regrettably, I have not figured out how to add any hours to the day or days to the week.

I do apologize to everyone who has been waiting.  I always try to accurately estimate timeframes, but the dynamic of the business has been in a constant state of flux, so it has not been easy to nail down exactly how much of each category of service I'll be able to get done in a given period.  A year ago, we were taking in 6 or 8 mount conversions per month with no backlog.  I'm presently doing 20-25 monthly with more than 200 waiting.  We did buy a CNC lathe this year to increase productivity, but there have been many issues getting that going, from not knowing how to program it to needing parts to needing a registration with Mazak to even obtain parts & service.
View Quote

Family is always first.  Hopefully everything is ok.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good. Fast. Cheap.

Your prices are reasonable and your quality is outstanding.

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got the call and shipped my suppressor in.  Can't wait to see the finished product.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got my Beretta 81 thread job back. Pure perfection. This guy is an asset for ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm having him add a threaded extension on my RIA 9MM TAC ULTRA FS HC while he's doing my recore.  Only downside I see is having to unthread the extension to remove the barrel but I couldn't find any threaded barrel options for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back a dedicated stainless 6"x1.6" .223/5.56 recore.  Started as one of ECCO's solvent traps. Drilled a hole in the supplied aluminum cap real quick and sent it back when he gave me the go ahead.  Came back moly coated and heat treated with 6 fully welded cones (and a new, properly bored end cap... I'll admit I just eye-balled it on my drill press with the aluminum one ).  15 oz with the Griffin plan-A installed.

She's a beaut' Clarke!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Shipped one of my 762-SDN-6 for an Omega adapter for a Cherry Bomb today.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm on the wait list to send in my Surefire Mini 7.62 for Omega type thread conversion. I'm going to go with plan b + cherry bomb to begin with,  but also want to be able to use a keymo. Is the keymo and muzzle device length a consideration,  or no problem?

I'm looking for mounting flexibility and to be able to use future suppressors on any of my rifles. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked mine up this morning and I'm impressed. They did a great job, shaved a bunch of weight off and they were able to save my bi-lock mounting system that I have ton invested in QD mounts for, plus make it detachable w/the industry standard thread so I can use other mounts going forward.

I'm really impressed.  They were able to take a 12 year old, shot out can and make it new again. I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Talk about a fast turnaround. Shipped on the 6th and ready for return. Apparently, a relatively new color and I like it. can't wait to test it out. I suspect the entire stable of AAC's will see the same treatment.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Nick started work on my recore yesterday.  Can't wait to get it back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Y'all head over to the ECCO machine facebook page and guess the number of AAC mounts!

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Blackwind:
Shipped one of my 762-SDN-6 for an Omega adapter for a Cherry Bomb today.
View Quote

I am considering the same thing (mine is an earlier 762-SD).  

Mind sharing the total cost for that service?  Also - will that mount fit other brakes besides the cherrybomb?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't wait to get this back.  This started as a 7 baffle F1 can that I built about 2 years ago.  Not sure exactly what happened but two of the middle baffles were damaged and needed replacing.  While I was at it I wanted to add some modularity.  Nick added a fixed spacer to the muzzle end with 3 smaller baffles that fit in that section when I'm running it on pistols and remove when running on rifles with the YHM QD mounts.  Then there's a 2.5" 3 baffle extension so I can remove it and run a short config for hunting or other situations where a little shorter suppressor is warented.  Long pistol config is 11 total baffles.  I also had him add a threaded extension to my 9mm RIA TAC ULTRA.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

I am considering the same thing (mine is an earlier 762-SD).  

Mind sharing the total cost for that service?  Also - will that mount fit other brakes besides the cherrybomb?
View Quote
Somewhere around 175 plus shipping. The Omega threading (1.375x24 threaded)  is about universal with a plethora of mounts and accessories to fit. From Dead Air's Key-Mo to offerings from Griffin, YHM, SilencerCo etc. Q released a SilencerCo Omega adapter for use with their Cherry Bomb muzzle devices called the Plan-B, which is what I use on almost everything. I have only 2 pinned barrels on host with 51T.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#17]
How much to thread the barrel and add the extension?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Localizer:
How much to thread the barrel and add the extension?
View Quote

$100-$150 depending on the barrel and thread.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 4:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#19]
Originally Posted By tmsteinhardt:

$100-$150 depending on the barrel and thread.
View Quote

It's the ones that need slide face/barrel bushing modification to accommodate the adapter which end up on the higher side.  That's typically gonna be pocket guns like the Bodyguard, DB380, etc., or certain others with really thin barrels; pistols where the adapter diameter will have to be larger than the barrel OD at the muzzle end for the barrel to support the threads.  I can make pretty thin adapters with 17-4 H900, but if the barrel wall thickness is only .040" or .050", there's just not enough material to pull it off safely without increasing adapter OD to .030" or .040" larger than the barrel:

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Localizer] [#20]
Thanks much.

Can you give me an idea about these barrels from these photos?

Yeah, nay, more work required? Cost?

Want them threaded 9/16x24 to run a can on them.

I don’t know how to post photos...i hope link below works.

Barrel dimensions
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Localizer:
Thanks much.

Can you give me an idea about these barrels from these photos?

Yeah, nay, more work required? Cost?

Want them threaded 9/16x24 to run a can on them.

I don’t know how to post photos...i hope link below works.

https://imgur.com/user/TxFlyboy

Barrel dimensions
View Quote

Lol.  Tape measures aren't very helpful here, but I'm pretty sure most of the Tan .40/10mm barrels other than Limited & Gold are around .585" OD.  I know I was able to put .578-28 threads on a full length barrel to use in my Witness Compact 10mm.

I don't know dimensions for the FNP tubes, but most full size 9mm or .40/10mm pistols have enough meat to do extensions without a stepped up OD.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Somewhere around 175 plus shipping. The Omega threading (1.375x24 threaded)  is about universal with a plethora of mounts and accessories to fit. From Dead Air's Key-Mo to offerings from Griffin, YHM, SilencerCo etc. Q released a SilencerCo Omega adapter for use with their Cherry Bomb muzzle devices called the Plan-B, which is what I use on almost everything. I have only 2 pinned barrels on host with 51T.
View Quote

@Blackwind thanks! .

I appreciate it.  Next question (if anyone knows):  could Ecco clip the cones in a 762SD when it’s apart for re threading, or would that be cost-prohibitive?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

@Blackwind thanks! .

I appreciate it.  Next question (if anyone knows):  could Ecco clip the cones in a 762SD when it’s apart for re threading, or would that be cost-prohibitive?
View Quote

They're already clipped; it's a crescent clip.  And no, modifying the baffles really isn't possible, as the cores are fully welded, and welded to the front cap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#25]
How long were you guys on the waitlist before they contacted you to send your suppressor in? I’m at 2 months now
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:
How long were you guys on the waitlist before they contacted you to send your suppressor in? I’m at 2 months now
View Quote

It has to be more than 2 months. The other week when I checked, I am less than 30 in the que, so hopefully it will be next week or so. I have been much more patient than I thought I could be. (not Nicks fault, I am still a child)
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

It has to be more than 2 months. The other week when I checked, I am less than 30 in the que, so hopefully it will be next week or so. I have been much more patient than I thought I could be. (not Nicks fault, I am still a child)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good to know. Yea I’m not in a rush, just curious. My form 1 (.22) is fully built so I can still use it but the drilled baffles it came with just suck and it’s not near as quiet as a 22 should be.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:53:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#28]
We're getting there with catching up.  I lost a little bit of time getting trained on my CNC, then my phase converter was down for a few days, and I'm not getting a ton out right this minute, as I'm trying to get all the programs written and fine tuned for the more common parts.  I'm getting faster with programming, though, and before long I'll have most of those ironed out to where it's just loading the program and tools with minor tweaking for each job.  Then the efficiency will get where it needs to be.

For example, it took the better part of 2.5 hours for me to get a program together and work our the kinks for Beretta 81 internal thread adapters.  And I had a few bad parts in the process.  But now that it's done, the machine's cycle time on those is just under 6 minutes, where it took me about 12 minutes pee on the manual.  So the CNC isn't light years faster than I am on the manual lathes, but anywhere from about 50-150% on a given part.  More importantly,  though,  the machine is tireless, and I can get some other things done while it's running a cycle, even though I still have to manually reset the bar for each part.

Eventually Jerrica will be able to run the programs a decent amount of the time, too, freeing me up to do the manual operations that are still required on pretty much everything.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#29]
We're getting there with catching up.  I lost a little bit of time getting trained on my CNC, then my phase converter was down for a few days, and I'm not getting a ton out right this minute, as I'm trying to get all the programs written and fine tuned for the more common parts.  I'm getting faster with programming, though, and before long I'll have most of those ironed out to where it's just loading the program and tools with minor tweaking for each job.  Then the efficiency will get where it needs to be.

For example, it took the better part of 2.5 hours for me to get a program together and work our the kinks for Beretta 81 internal thread adapters.  And I had a few bad parts in the process.  But now that it's done, the machine's cycle time on those is just under 6 minutes, where it took me about 12 minutes pee on the manual.  So the CNC isn't light years faster than I am on the manual lathes, but anywhere from about 50-150% on a given part.  More importantly,  though,  the machine is tireless, and I can get some other things done while it's running a cycle, even though I still have to manually reset the bar for each part.

Eventually Jerrica will be able to run the programs a decent amount of the time, too, freeing me up to do the manual operations that are still required on pretty much everything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

That sounds great! Didn't want to come of as a complainer, was just answering the dudes question. I know my time is any day now and I am very excited. I honestly should have checked if you were still doing the 5x5 before I ordered the talon. Oh well, another excuse for a stamp in the future if you do!
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Now there’s a website!

https://eccomachine.net/
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Because I know not everyone does FB:

Been a minute since I've done a general update, so probably time!
I apologize to all for still being a little behind the schedule we planned to keep.  Seems like every time we're just about caught up, something else bogs us down.  Right now it's still a battle with getting materials and, to a lesser degree, tooling.  What this means is that even though I have the CNC going and have been hammering out new programs like crazy, I can't make a huge stock of parts to keep on hand as I had planned to because we might hose ourselves on materials.  So I have to run smaller batches on a more as-needed basis, which is definitely slower with tooling changes and program adjustments.  But until things normalize and I can order as much of what I need when I need it, we're gonna have to operate this way.

On that note, as more and more folks become aware of us, there seems to be quite a few who have the impression we're much larger than we are.  It's still just the two of us, me doing all the physical work with cans & guns and answering the highly technical inquiries, Jerrica doing basically everything else.  Our output is considerable for just two people, the result of her putting in around 50 hour weeks (while also earning her associates degree) and me still closer to 80.  But there are still only so many hours in the day, and we still can't bring anyone else on for a variety of reasons.  And unless we start charging a whole lot more for our products and services, it's just gonna take time to bring in more machines to increase production.  We are working as hard and fast as we can, and we really don't take any time off, just one day per week on average.  No vacations, no random leisure days.  And that's OK, we enjoy what we do and are not seeking any sympathy, just want to make sure everyone knows that long lead times and delays are not due to a lack of ethic or effort.  

Now a statement with a bit more sour tone, but that needs to be heard by a select few.  We don't care who you are, who you know, how much money you have or how influential you think you are.  The broke 22 year old nobody knows who just managed to scrape together enough money to buy one or two cans gets the same quality of service and level of priority as the "connected" millionaire with hundreds of them.  But that can change if you try to use the power you believe you have to force us to bend to your will, because if I'm pushed to choose between using my finite resources to help one guy with 50 cans or 50 people with one can each, it will be the latter.  Our customers make us who we are.  *ALL* of our customers, not just the wealthy or well-connected folks. - ECCO Machine
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFtacFANAC] [#33]
I got the message to send my can in for a recore. I now have that tingling sensation.

For reference, I think I put my name on the waiting list in March if I remember correctly. Will post pics when I get them.

ETA: Maybe if I was wealthy or well-connected I could have used my positional power to cut in line LOL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Nick’s handiwork shown in a Trainer conversion.  

Super fast, high quality, low price.  Highly recommend ECCO for this conversion.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#35]
ETA: Maybe if I was wealthy or well-connected I could have used my positional power to cut in line LOL.
View Quote
I suspect ..neither of these have weight with ECCO, just sayin. He does masterful work and its worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I suspect ..neither of these have weight with ECCO, just sayin. He does masterful work and its worth the wait.
View Quote

LOL I am aware. He did my first form one. I started to see there was a waiting list so I threw my name on it without having the stamp in hand for my second. I am curious to see what he will do with a Maverick Talon Kurz tube. If it is somewhat close to what he did to my Phoenix tube, I might shit my pants.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Removed_californian:
https://i.imgur.com/T3LE9Df.jpg

Super fast, high quality, low price.  Highly recommend ECCO for this conversion.
View Quote

Where do I sign up!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Man that is sharp. A shame the trainer can cost so much. That would sell like hot cakes if it was more budget friendly.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#39]
View Quote

It was tongue in cheek.  I had made it abundantly clear on our page that someone attempting to push ahead of everyone else by throwing around "weight", name dropping or otherwise trying to convince us that they should have priority would be unsuccessful, and it could have the opposite effect.  

We've had a few try, some of them very condescending and even flat out insulting.  Those ones are on a list that we never remove names from.

One guy tried to show how important he was by claiming to know Kevin Brittingham.  That certainly won't get you anywhere with us.  Lol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#40]
One guy tried to show how important he was by claiming to know Kevin Brittingham.  That certainly won't get you anywhere with us.  Lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#41]

It was tongue in cheek.  I had made it abundantly clear on our page that someone attempting to push ahead of everyone else by throwing around "weight", name dropping or otherwise trying to convince us that they should have priority would be unsuccessful, and it could have the opposite effect.  

We've had a few try, some of them very condescending and even flat out insulting.  Those ones are on a list that we never remove names from.

View Quote

Of course I was joking. I am a broke Veteran/College student haha. Married to a teacher. You see, I have not advantage in life at the moment haha.

On a different note. On the surefire mount, what is the extra metal in front of the tube threads left on for? It that a structural support section? How much internal volume would that take up in a blast chamber? I will continue to use rearden, but I am nosey and would like to know.

I know of Kevin. I better get answers LOL.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Removed_californian] [#42]
Originally Posted By ghostgunnerX:

Where do I sign up!!
View Quote

@ghostgunnerX
Either email/pm him or message him on Facebook.  He’s sixtysix in this thread.

Man that is sharp. A shame the trainer can cost so much. That would sell like hot cakes if it was more budget friendly.
View Quote

It does but honestly I’d have been money ahead if I overpaid for a trainer first.  He was the second guy to touch my mount because the first guy didn’t turn it to spec.  Sent it out to Nick because I knew he’d do it right.

On a different note. On the surefire mount, what is the extra metal in front of the tube threads left on for? It that a structural support section? How much internal volume would that take up in a blast chamber? I will continue to use rearden, but I am nosey and would like to know.
View Quote

Internal geometry that indexes with the hider/brake.  You need it to properly mount and center the can.   You can technically bore out some of the wall, but the gains in volume are marginal at best.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Wait, Is Nick sending out candy with the orders now? Where’s my Haribo?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:37:01 AM EDT
[#44]

ATF doesn't have any kind of ruling on that which I'm aware of, but I would say it needs to securely attach to the tube and be capable of containing the pressure of actually firing the weapon through it.
View Quote

@sixtysixdeuce is this the criteria for the sacrificial end cap that we're going to send with the tube?  Or were you giving advice for end caps in general?  Does it specifically need to be threaded on?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Internal geometry that indexes with the hider/brake.  You need it to properly mount and center the can.   You can technically bore out some of the wall, but the gains in volume are marginal at best.
View Quote

Excellent to know. I think it looks great. Glad you got a bargain on it! Let us know how it goes with a range report.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Removed_californian] [#46]

Excellent to know. I think it looks great. Glad you got a bargain on it! Let us know how it goes with a range report.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Oh I didn’t get a bargain. I got hosed by the first guy I bought from.  Nick’s prices however are very reasonable.

And will do.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I got the message to send my can in for a recore. I now have that tingling sensation.

For reference, I think I put my name on the waiting list in March if I remember correctly. Will post pics when I get them.

View Quote

Sweet. I put mine in March as well so hopefully I get an email soon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ChrisinIdaho:

@sixtysixdeuce is this the criteria for the sacrificial end cap that we're going to send with the tube?  Or were you giving advice for end caps in general?  Does it specifically need to be threaded on?
View Quote

There is no official determination that I'm aware of regarding cap material, durability, mechanism of retention.

All we have is "designed or redesigned and intended to reduce or muffle a gunshot"

A 2 litre bottle with a hole in the bottom taped to a muzzle and meant to reduce the report is, legally, a silencer.  In that spirit, so could be just a tube that you mean to make into one.  But (for now, at least), the tubes are an unregulated part, as are end caps and mounts/adapters, but once you assemble them for the purpose of making a silencer, it's a silencer.  Of course, for it to function as a silencer, a bullet has to be able to pass through it, which is why we require, at minimum, a tube with a mount and front cap bored large enough to pass bullets of the caliber listed on the approved form 1before we'll perform recoring services or make other silencer parts for it.  Can't ship unregistered silencer parts to a non-SOT unless they're in a legal registered silencer.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Sweet. I put mine in March as well so hopefully I get an email soon.
View Quote

Don't quote me on the exact date. Nick and Jerrica are awesome sports about me(and I bet others). Every couple of weeks I would annoy them on what number I was in the que.

I think it is more than fair that he has explained on multiple platforms that the wait will continue to be long because of demand and the fact that they will not hire someone who is not on par with their ability and QC. We know that they are well worth the wait, but I am sure there is some harsh words said to them about it, hence Nick's message about people fucking off if they try to cut in line or name drop.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Don't quote me on the exact date. Nick and Jerrica are awesome sports about me(and I bet others). Every couple of weeks I would annoy them on what number I was in the que.

I think it is more than fair that he has explained on multiple platforms that the wait will continue to be long because of demand and the fact that they will not hire someone who is not on par with their ability and QC. We know that they are well worth the wait, but I am sure there is some harsh words said to them about it, hence Nick's message about people fucking off if they try to cut in line or name drop.
View Quote

I sent an email back in June and then another one earlier this week with no response to either
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top