Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 11:28:06 PM EDT
Finished it up last week. Came out to 9.6 oz before the booster, 13.2 after. Had a few stumbles cutting the DHC's into the baffles, but I got it done!

Working without a lathe or mill was challenging. I wouldn't wish using a drill press to clip baffles on anyone trying to put together a can.

Shout-out to Diversified Machine for the parts (tube, end-caps, spacers, radial baffles in 17-4 and Ti), Tarheel State Firearms for the engraving, SDTA for the bargain priced booster/pistons, and Rusty from the Form 1 boards for the advice!

*Post continues below... "new" users limited to 2000 characters per post*
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Eventually got a chance to put a few rounds down the can and compare it to my Osprey 45. The video shows the Form 1 can, and the shots from the Osprey are overlaid after the Form 1 shots. Shooting 220gr Freedom Munitions remans through a Kimber TLE/RL II with a Storm Lake semi-fit threaded barrel.

Overall, I feel like the Form 1 can was slightly quieter. There is some significant echo from the calm, cool, humid morning air that day from both cans. Also, plenty of sparks thrown from the Form 1 (gotta love Ti).

The SDTA booster worked great, no issues at all.

Video
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks very good.

Well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top