Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 10:32:39 AM EDT
I know they are OOS but DM has a 1.75 Ti can listed.  The inner diameter is 1.645.  What are people using as baffles in this larger diameter can?  Seems like it could be a decent form 1 build for a 300 Blackout as the round appears to like fatter cans for optimum suppression.

Thoughts??
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe if you contact DM, you can order a "kit" that comes with tube, end cap, adapter, cones, and spacers for that diameter.  With that being said, I believe the 1.625 would be very sufficient.  Rusty just did a recore on my 6.5"x 1.625" and it metered quieter than my GA Alpha/Paladine.  I think the 1.75" should be reserved for the large bores and such (.458 SOCOM, .50 B, 300 RUM, 338LM, etc...).  

I myself thought the same thing.  After looking into it, there is a point of diminishing returns when factoring in overall size, weight, and suppression.  I just don't believe anything over 1.625" will gain enough to warrant the extra weight and cost.  With that being said, I do plan on adding a 9.5"x 1.75" F1 to my arsenal for my .338 WM and my pipe dream .300RUM or .338LM.  

For example, Rusty (on Form1suppressor boards) tested my 6.5" and a 7.5, both 1.625".  The shorter can was maybe 1 decibel louder overall.  At some point, you really don't gain.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
1.75 is overkill for 300blk, unless you're going short and fat, like 6" or less. Best for large volume cases or large bores. Used mine for a catch-all 50Beowulf and anything else. My other rifle cans are 1.625. 7" seems like a sweet spot for size and length in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top