Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 11:06:31 PM EDT
Read an article today about a specialized suppressor built by Gemtech, and my interest was piqued.

http://www.breachbangclear.com/taking-your-medicine-the-gemtech-pill-bottle/

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
complete novelty and basically a pointless, "let's build it just to build it", suppressor from a manufacturer that can make just about anything they want. registers 134db from SUBSONIC .22lr. think about that one for a second. say shooting 5.56 from an ar with a silencerco omega. it registers basically 134db. would you want to shoot that without hearing protection? no! i know some will say, "yeah, i shoot my ar suppressed all the time without hearing protection and i got no ringing!"

.22lr suppressors are really the only suppressors to give you hollywood quiet. that's the point of suppressing them, to really be able to use it without hearing protection. i can't see anyone really wanting to waste the $200 stamp on something like this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
complete novelty and basically a pointless, "let's build it just to build it", suppressor from a manufacturer that can make just about anything they want. registers 134db from SUBSONIC .22lr. think about that one for a second. say shooting 5.56 from an ar with a silencerco omega. it registers basically 134db. would you want to shoot that without hearing protection? no! i know some will say, "yeah, i shoot my ar suppressed all the time without hearing protection and i got no ringing!"

.22lr suppressors are really the only suppressors to give you hollywood quiet. that's the point of suppressing them, to really be able to use it without hearing protection. i can't see anyone really wanting to waste the $200 stamp on something like this.
View Quote

I didn't say I was interested in duplicating it, I concur it's loud. Just asking if anyone's built a very small suppressor for a 22lr.  Something like a Huntertown Arms B.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 2oz (All Ti) micro can for 22lr.   It is about half way between unsuppressed and a typical suppressor.  It is not a one fit all solution but there are reasons to have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxIIkqiDPlM
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wet wiped it ended up slightly quieter than my SWR Omega suppressor.  Well worth the stamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top