Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2017 7:56:13 PM EDT
So I absolutely lucked out and managed to order one of the last special-run Ruger American Ranch .450BM left hand rifles made for the Michigan market only.  Not cataloged by Ruger and you won't find them on their website, even as distributor specials.  I live in the hilly country in Washington state where this kind of rifle, a super lightweight brush gun has been on my list for years.  I have a Marlin .45/70 but it's considerably heavier than the Ruger.

Yes, they exist!

I realize all the .450BM Ranch rifles are relatively new so there might not be much out there on the aftermarket.  Mine will arrive with no muzzle device (part of the special order for some reason) so I'll need to get one.  The 11/16x24 thread pitch really limits options.  I'm angling toward the Wilson Combat Q-Comp which seems perfect and relatively inexpensive.

Looking for suggestions on a 1-4x illuminated scope.  Considering the Primary Arms model, mainly on price alone ($120) but of course it's made in China.

So far all I can figure is Hornady and Remington make ammo, and that's it.  It's a bit constrained since everything has to function within the AR, so there aren't any truly heavy 350-400gr loads out there that would probably cause issues with an AR unlocking too fast.

Also, looks like the only mags are the Ruger 3rnd factory.  While sufficient I would love to acquire some 5rnd ones down the road.  I don't know of anyone making aftermarket mags for the American, much less the oddball .450.  Are the American and Gunsite Scout mags different?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top