User Panel

Site Notices
Free SBR stamp? (Page 4 of 16)
Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D0minat0r:
Anyone who has got their reply email with their stamp, what email is it coming from?

Thanks, just so I can make sure it doesn't go to junk.
View Quote
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 12:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D0minat0r] [#2]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
[email protected]
View Quote

Thank you.

2 months today. Crazy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#3]
These people move like pregnant Yaks.........
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Thank you.

2 months today. Crazy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
[email protected]

Thank you.

2 months today. Crazy.

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
1 of 6 approved now but happily it's the one I cared the most about.

Borrowed a stock from another SBR to model it now that I can put a VFG on it as well.

It's so much nicer as an SBR.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Firestarter123:

Borrowed a stock from another SBR to model it now that I can put a VFG on it as well.

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/qCTJrYSFdtjcJ7C/preview
View Quote
Needs a side folder!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Needs a side folder!
View All Quotes

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/qCTJrYSFdtjcJ7C/preview
Needs a side folder!

Is the best option the OEM stock?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
I'm not sure. I'm still deciding on mine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3dundantC] [#9]
Originally Posted By crazyelece:

Besides the fact that everything you wrote is wrong
View Quote

After fully reading through the laws again, I freely admit that I was full of shit and completely misunderstood and outright missed some sections. My ignorance aside, my mistrust of the handling of this is probably not unwarranted and I still think paying the $200 is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

@jaqufrost
@Firestarter123

I'll leave this here for y'all
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/What-stock-for-CZ-Scorpion-SBR/48-540178/
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#12]
In one of these threads(pretty sure this one without scouring)  someone mentioned a dealer signing on their behalf and/or dealer using their login and password, ATF just sent these emails out.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I decided to submit a few more that I was on the fence about.  The Internal Control Number has increased by 215,000 since mid-January.

It's also rather crazy seeing my 3XXX and 19,XXX ID #'s that I submitted when eForms was first created in 2013 to now with them being in the 3,XXX,XXX range.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:30:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#14]
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:

After fully reading through the laws again, I freely admit that I was full of shit and completely misunderstood and outright missed some sections. My ignorance aside, my mistrust of the handling of this is probably not unwarranted and I still think paying the $200 is the way to go.
View Quote

Yea, nothing like sticking it to the man and paying the $200 tax when you can get by for free with the same end result.  If the AFT raids me I guess I will eat my own shit though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Pay $200 and engrave my HK and other imports, or don’t pay $200 and leave my imports free of unneeded marks and more valuable as basically a factory imported SBR?
Such a tough choice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#16]
Originally Posted By TacticoolNinjaName:
Pay $200 and engrave my HK and other imports, or don't pay $200 and leave my imports free of unneeded marks and more valuable as basically a factory imported SBR?
Such a tough choice.
View Quote
IKR. Easy.

The level of paranoia surrounding this tax-deferment is astounding.
(and I'm more paranoid than normal people so I feel like I can say that. )
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#17]
so... i guess i might just be an idiot... but does the free stamp only apply to already owned pistols, or can i submit one today for a shiny new SBR?

I think im reading that i cannot get the free stamp for that, right?

ive never done any of these ever, so this is all new to me and im sorting through the language.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:
so... i guess i might just be an idiot... but does the free stamp only apply to already owned pistols, or can i submit one today for a shiny new SBR?

ive never done any of these ever, so this is all new to me and im sorting through the language.
View Quote

The tax forbearance only applies to braced firearms that were possessed by the person applying on 31 Jan 2023.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#19]

The tax forbearance only applies to braced firearms that were possessed by the person applying on 31 Jan 2023.
View Quote

thats what i thought but wasnt positive. thank you
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#20]
what if it is a stripped lower I owned before 1/31... does that matter?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Dealers aren't allowed to sell braced pistols after Jan 31 either. Private sales that have to go through an FFL are a no go as well. So a shiny new SBR would have to be on a tax-paid form 4 and a 9-10-11 month wait on approval.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HammerTech:

Dealers aren't allowed to sell braced pistols after Jan 31 either. Private sales that have to go through an FFL are a no go as well. So a shiny new SBR would have to be on a tax-paid form 4 and a 9-10-11 month wait on approval.
View Quote

assuming a stripped multi-cal lower wont fit the free-tax requirement, right?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#23]
what if it is a stripped lower I owned before 1/31... does that matter?
View Quote

If you had it assembled as a braced pistol before 1/31, then you should be good to apply. As long as it has never been a rifle. You did have it assembled, right?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]

If you had it assembled as a braced pistol before 1/31, then you should be good to apply. As long as it has never been a rifle. You did have it assembled, right?
View Quote

absolutely.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#25]
another one got approved today. So 5/8 are done from 2/2
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]

absolutely.
View Quote

My Poverty Pony was approved after 58 days. Send in your application and get comfortable. They take a while to process.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#27]

My Poverty Pony was approved after 58 days. Send in your application and get comfortable. They take a while to process.
View Quote

that name is epic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:
another one got approved today. So 5/8 are done from 2/2
View Quote

I'm still sitting at 1/6 submitted on 1/16.

I'm guessing I won't see the 3 I submitted today until next year honestly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#29]

I'm still sitting at 1/6 submitted on 1/16.

I'm guessing I won't see the 3 I submitted today until next year honestly.
View Quote

I know someone else that submitted on 1/16 and they are waiting too.  Hope they didn't lose the forms from that day. Or assign it to someone that's on vacation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#30]
there is no rime or reason to it, I had one from 2-24 approved at 13 days. I have others from Jan still not approved and one from 3-6 not approved why the picked one out of the middle of my 5 that I had done, no idea...  so I got 4 more sitting out there on someones desk I guess.  EFT prints.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#31]
I'm not at 4/6 submitted on 1/16 as 3 more were approved just now within minutes of each other.

ETA: I'm now 6/6 as the other 2 just showed up in my inbox.  Now to wait for the 3 I just submitted today.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I did 2 out of my 3, but I’m contemplating just doing all 3.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm going to fill out the form for my ap5-p this weekend.

I was thinking about just leaving my ap5-m as a pistol, but I was thinking of sbring it as well.  Is it allowable to take the stock/vfg off and then treat the M as a pistol for things like moving across state lines?  Or does making it an SBR mean it is always an SBR?

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dino:
I'm going to fill out the form for my ap5-p this weekend.

I was thinking about just leaving my ap5-m as a pistol, but I was thinking of sbring it as well.  Is it allowable to take the stock/vfg off and then treat the M as a pistol for things like moving across state lines?  Or does making it an SBR mean it is always an SBR?

View Quote
SBR's that started as pistols can revert to pistols anytime you want.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Yep.
Even temporarily (like for crossing state lines). Can only go back to being an SBR when you return to the registered address state however.

5320.20 is the permission slip for interstate travel as an SBR.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I submitted one last form so now the wait begins….again
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:30:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#37]
View Quote

I submitted my last one last night as well.  First 2 I did on March 1st. I have EFT for the prints on all of them, curious if that speeds anything up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:

I submitted my last one last night as well.  First 2 I did on March 1st. I have EFT for the prints on all of them, curious if that speeds anything up.
View All Quotes

It doesn't as mine all used EFT's and it took 2 months to get them back while others got theirs in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Two Form1s submitted 1/31/23
One Form1 approved 3/27/23
Paper DIY prints
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone had issues uploading documents?  I was attaching my trust (5mb PDF) and it's been sitting here for 20 minutes spinning and saying do not refresh your browser.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#41]
All these felons once the ruling gets an injunction and your stamps invalidated. Back to your pistol braces. Now they have a record too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By captexas:
Anyone had issues uploading documents?  I was attaching my trust (5mb PDF) and it's been sitting here for 20 minutes spinning and saying do not refresh your browser.
View Quote

Using SS full-auto took about 5 attempts before it worked and submitted my paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Using SS full-auto took about 5 attempts before it worked and submitted my paperwork.
View Quote

I finally refreshed the page and went back to the draft to try again. Took about 5 tries as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Ok, this is the first I've heard of this.  So you can register an AR pistol as an SBR, then just remove the stock when traveling to another state and it's automatically a pistol again?  If this is what you're saying that is awesome news for me!  My county actually borders Florida and I travel there a few times every month.  I've been pondering on whether or not to register one of my AR pistols because it is my truck gun.  I have even thought of building a separate lower for it just for traveling to Florida.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Wandell:

Ok, this is the first I've heard of this.  So you can register an AR pistol as an SBR, then just remove the stock when traveling to another state and it's automatically a pistol again?  If this is what you're saying that is awesome news for me!  My county actually borders Florida and I travel there a few times every month.  I've been pondering on whether or not to register one of my AR pistols because it is my truck gun.  I have even thought of building a separate lower for it just for traveling to Florida.
View Quote
That is correct. If you want to cross state lines or sell it, configure it as a pistol and do so.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#46]
The laws make perfect sense.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I made a point of taking some time stamped pics of my braced pistol and e mailing them to myself in case that was ever questioned.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 12:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D0minat0r] [#48]
This rule will be shot down before most of us even get a stamp. HAHA.....Make them do all this work for nothing, hats off A T F, bunch of dumbasses....
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Hypothetical question since it has come up a few times. What if we all get our approvals prior and assuming it gets shot down.  Do we no longer have SBR’s?  Is there an actual determination out there on this by the so called authorities?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Hypothetical question since it has come up a few times. What if we all get our approvals prior and assuming it gets shot down.  Do we no longer have SBR’s?  Is there an actual determination out there on this by the so called authorities?
View Quote

This is what I am thinking as well, since its in "conditionally approved " when you get the approval. If this gets shot down, I am going to remove my form 1s.

I want a job doing this, since its takes forever, Id like to do 1-2 form 1's everyday and call it a day, hit the range....
Page / 16
Free SBR stamp? (Page 4 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top