Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 4:41:56 PM EDT
I'd like to see first hand experience as well as folks thoughts on running a Hybrid on a 458 SOCOM 10.5" SBR. Yes, I KNOW SiCo recommends 16" as a minimum. However given it can go to 16" with the more powerful 45-70 which uses slower burning powders as well as a freaking 18" 338LM, I'm confident pressure is not the concern here. I'd imagine it's more around erosion of the blast baffle. The max pressure on a 338LM is 60,000 psi with very slow burning powders. The 458 only runs at ~35K psi which is almost half that and I run H110 hand loads at about 1800fps out of my 10.5" barrel. I'd plan to use the ASR mount with a muzzle brake as well to take the brunt of any unburnt powder as well to try and save the (I believe) SS blast baffle. Just curious if anyone else has done this and if not, why people think SiCo put a limit on 458 barrel length so long given my logic above. I wonder if they didn't have a 458 SBR available during testing? I know for a lot of people this is a deal breaker for this can as the 458 does very well in short barrels and IMO, a 16" 458 SOCOM is just not ideal.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I've run mine for several thousand rounds and it's still fine. One supplier ran a number of rounds full auto with a 10 and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've run mine for several thousand rounds and it's still fine. One supplier ran a number of rounds full auto with a 10 and it worked fine.
View Quote
Sweet thanks! You don't happen to have a link to that post/video of them running FA do you? Or remember what supplier?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe thread from silencer forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top