Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2017 6:42:21 PM EDT
What say you?

Just a night boom stick.  2nd thing I'll grab.  I personally prefer the look of it at the 1 o clock and with hand position seems to be more comfy.  But the 6 o clock seems to provide better target illumination but somewhat gets in the way depending on how I grip the grip.  There's still enough space there for me to either grip the rail or hand grip.  Not sure if my knuckles will get beat in stress or shooting though.  Also, I don't think the shadow is as pronounce as it shows in pics, but obviously there.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My light is at the 1 o'clock.  Doesn't get in the way while slung like the 6 o'clock position does.

(Yes...I know I need to re-zip tie the switchpad wire)
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it at 9. Use my left thumb to activate

Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
9 or 12 for me
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
12:00 or 1:00 for me (as a lefty), depending upon the light.

Think of it this way: at night, what is your first priority - getting the muzzle on the target, or identifying whether or not the thing you're about the point the rifle at is a valid target? Placing the light above the bore gets some spill on target even from a low ready position at close distances.

Having the light below the bore axis gives you less light where you need it to identify threats, creates more shadow from the barrel/suppressor above it, and may force you to expose more of yourself when pieing around concealment/cover.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Yep, same set-up. 9:00 for me too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#6]
If I had to pick between 1 or 6, I'd go with the 0100 light mounting.

I almost always go with 12 o'clock unless the handguard has a built in front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top