Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 6:53:46 PM EDT
Looking for opinions on which PDW stock people prefer after using them. There's like suddenly a metric shit ton on the market. Use would be for an actual PDW type role as well as entry duty.

It's probably going to be a 10.5 inch barrel. I was leaning towards the Troy Tomahawk, I think I liked the weight/size.

Looking to stick with one that does not need a proprietary bolt.

Here's a random pic for funsies

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Troy, the NEA and the LWRC on three ARs and am working on a fourth with the new Striek Ind. Viper PDW stock. I also have the collapsing MPx stock, so I’ve got a good deal of experience with them. They are a compromise. You get a shorter overall package, but they are a little heavy, slightly slower to deply (except the LWRCI) and not as comfortable as a traditional AR stock. They also almost all require proprietary parts, some of them the bolt carrier. If that’s a concern, consider the Maxim Defense (I have their micro pistol cheekweld thingy - it’s awesoem).
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Troy, the NEA and the LWRC on three ARs and am working on a fourth with the new Striek Ind. Viper PDW stock. I also have the collapsing MPx stock, so I’ve got a good deal of experience with them. They are a compromise. You get a shorter overall package, but they are a little heavy, slightly slower to deply (except the LWRCI) and not as comfortable as a traditional AR stock. They also almost all require proprietary parts, some of them the bolt carrier. If that’s a concern, consider the Maxim Defense (I have their micro pistol cheekweld thingy - it’s awesoem).
View Quote
Thanks, exactly the input I was looking for.

I didn't know LWRCI made a pdw stock. I also forgot about their ultra compact stock kit....
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a maxim on my AR9. I really like it. It's very compact closed. Locks up well. Not as comfortable as a full size stock. Can be run with any BCG. I'm using the shorty JP SCS spring. You can buy it with a standard spring and buffer combo or the JP. I can't compare it to any of the others since I have not tried them. Main reason I picked it was that it would work without buying a special BCG. And some of the PDW stocks supposedly do not work with 9mm BCGs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My 7.5" used to have Magpul MOE stock. Then I found an MVB ARC stock on sale and swapped it on. I kind of like the Magpul better, but don't regret buying the ARC.

Before-

After-
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Troy tomahawk and the arc stock.  The Troy is great for the cheek weld and weight but I prefer the look of the arc and it feels a little stronger.  The Troy is the least expensive of all of them too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an MVB arc on an 11.5". The only reason I went with that is that it is compatible with piston uppers. I felt the stock would excel on a shorter barrel than that. I sold my MVB and went with a more traditional setup. If I were to do again it would be on a 8" or shorter barrel. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I just saw the Strike Industries Viper PDW. Looks pretty snazzy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with one of these CMT lowers for my Honey Badger Clone as AIM had it on sale for $400.
By having the stock integrated you save some weight, which is important with PDW builds. My tax stamp hasn't come back yet, but the release on the stock isn't as nice as it is on the Maxim Defense PDW Pistol brace.
The Maxim Defense brace has become my go to brace as it is comfy and opens up quickly and easily.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I just saw the Strike Industries Viper PDW. Looks pretty snazzy.
View Quote
There’s an insane torture video of the Viper. I’m usually not a fan of Strike, but the video convinced me. It took a helluva beating.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I went with one of these CMT lowers for my Honey Badger Clone as AIM had it on sale for $400.
By having the stock integrated you save some weight, which is important with PDW builds. My tax stamp hasn't come back yet, but the release on the stock isn't as nice as it is on the Maxim Defense PDW Pistol brace.
The Maxim Defense brace has become my go to brace as it is comfy and opens up quickly and easily.
View Quote
Interesting lower there, but I already have an SBR to put it on so meh
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in the same boat op I'm stuck between battle arms and strike Industries pdw stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top