Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2017 8:56:24 PM EDT
I am starting to look at getting an SBR. Leaning towards a 9mm at this time, and a budget of about $1,600 total give or take a little bit.

I would like some gun recommendations, so I can do some research. Looking to have some range fun with it, and use it in some local 2gun matches.

Definitely a posibility of looking to get a suppressor with it too, so of course the budget will go up. Would also be grateful for some recommendations too.

Any other recommendations/thoughts would be welcomed too. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
MKE Zenith Z-5 (MP5 clone).  It's just above your budget, but if you can locate the pistol version with a brace can have fun shooting it until you get your stamp back.  Converts readily to a factory stock.  Fun as hell to shoot.

See HERE

This is the one you want if you want to suppress it later on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
My Top 3 for 9mm SBRs. All three are great platforms either under or right at your price.

Kriss Vector Gen 2

Zenith Z 5RS

Colt LE 6991
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
B&T APC 9 or 45 both good option.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
CZ EVO Scorpion... Great bang for buck.

That smart move IMHO would be for you to SBR an AR lower. For 9mm, you could run a magwell block and the when you get bored of pistol caliber, you could remove the magwell block and run either a 5.56 or 300 BLK upper. If it is your first SBR, always go with an AR. They are Legos for grown-ups.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ vz61 , plus supressor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top