Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 1:17:44 PM EDT
Anyone built one?

I see that 7.5" are pretty common but would really like to go as short as possible.  The new SIG Rattler is my inspiration.  

Would it function non-suppressed or would this be a suppressor only host?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd need a custom gas system, shorter than pistol length.  If you went short enough you could get it to cycle subs unsuppressed but I'm guessing you'd end up severely overgassed with supers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
the rattler has a 1:5 twist barrel and I seem to recall the honey badger had a very fast twist barrel as well so may be difficult to find. even finding a blank would be a feat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I built one around this barrel (like you was looking for the shortest barrel I could find)...... Sub Sonic unsuppressed no go........ but everything else works just fine with low profile gas block, carbine buffer. and spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top