Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2017 10:42:08 AM EDT
What keymod type handguards are out there for a 5" barrel build.  Will be using a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The Rattler uses a two slot M-Lok handguard with a rear QD socket. Keymod isn't what you want for your clone.

Edit: The SLR Helix 6.7 M-Lok is sort of similar to the Rattler, but of course not a match. It is probably going to be difficult to find something close that is as short as the Rattler handguard.

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
with a 5-5.5" barrel your likely going to need a 4" handgaurd. remember some of the barrel goes into the receiver.

I bought a guntec m-lock 4" rail for my pdw build which will also be 5.5" or shorter. I figure it's mostly going to be a range toy so I say why spend a bunch of money. it looks good and will serve it's purpose.

here's a poor quality picture of mine mocked up.

I have to finish making the barrel, buy the sig mpx mp5ish grip, iron sights and I'm sure a lot of bugs to work out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top