Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked SBR Picture Thread Part II (Page 135 of 166)
Page / 166
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

It's a KAC LW URX as found on the Magpul SR15s and Xmas Cheer uppers.

Cheers
View Quote
Damn. Too rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By huntsimp87:

Did you build those? If so, which upper did you use?
View Quote
yes i built all of them

the one on the left is a nodak upper on a lower i reprofiled , the center one has a nodak upper and lower.  and the one on the right is all colt parts , my "heat" clone.  it's probably my favorite ar

pic thread
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Lawd I hate following you

ugly mutt:
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Is that photo taken in a portapotty ?
View Quote
lol yupp. i dont leave my NFA shit layin out at the range lol
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
yes i built all of them

the one on the left is a nodak upper on a lower i reprofiled , the center one has a nodak upper and lower.  and the one on the right is all colt parts , my "heat" clone.  it's probably my favorite ar

pic thread
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRH4xf9C/IMG-3451.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1iviper:

Did you build those? If so, which upper did you use?
yes i built all of them

pic thread
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRH4xf9C/IMG-3451.jpg
OT, but I don’t have the luxury of SBRs here - but I was able to do something in this vein that has fooled a lot of people.  A 14.5” LW midlength A1 with corncobs and CAR stock.  People key on the barrel length forward of the FSB and totally miss the longer handguard.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Paint job finished I think I got what I asked for thanks to http://www.tkcustomsnd.com/

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice 22
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sanman28:

Nice 22
View Quote
Thank you.

.300 BLK, 5.56, and 9mm below.

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Not gonna lie, the .22 looks like the most fun. Nonetheless, nice collection.

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Which VFG/handstop is that?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Chopped Colt Socom barrel to 10.3
Will be adding a Sandman  S and either a Steiner or Leupold 1-4

Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I ran a few mags through this today.  Thanksgiving range day.

cheers
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#18]
" />
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfamousAK] [#20]

And that's how kids get shot
View Quote
Alright Snowflake calm down, this is an SBR Pic Thread not an SJW crying thread, his circumstances might not include any kids in his life, and if he does, I doubt he would leave it lying around for a child to pick up, I think its a cool setup, definitely turn some heads at the range. Don't judge someones level of safety and security when it comes to their rifles, obviously if he has children I would assume he is a responsible gun owner like the majority of ARFCOM gun owners.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll toss this one in....

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlgil73] [#23]
I'll throw this on here.  Def not all of my SBR's but only 3 cans currently.

Left is 10.3, middle is 10.5 in 556, right is 10.5 in 300blk.  All are in this thread somewhere individually.

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:43:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whitebrad25] [#24]
Haven’t been active in quite a while but I am taking a rifle class all week and felt some people here may appreciate the beauty I am having the pleasure of shooting.

I chose my BCM over my DD MK18 because the BCM 11.5” is much less weight with the KMR. Has the Mini 4 along for the ride. So far I have shot 500 rounds with no cleaning and it is doing just fine suppressed. There will 500 more rounds over the next few days and I am going to leave it be and see how it goes. It’s nice taking rifles through classes though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]
@krdt what scout mount are you running?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
I'll throw this on here.  Def not all my SBR's but only 3 cans currently.

Left is 10.3, middle is 10.5 in 556, right is 10.5 in 300blk.  All are in this thread somewhere individually.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4833/46042809642_01a951abd7_o.jpg
View Quote
Reminds me of of when I was in Kindergarten and the spoiled lil asshole showing up everyone at show and tell, and myself getting sent home for the finger paints finding its canvas all over said lil asshole. Nice collection G for reals, lol. Keep em coming!
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RO73:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RO73:
Gear Sector X-Series slim mount modified for a Scout.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:
Reminds me of of when I was in Kindergarten and the spoiled lil asshole showing up everyone at show and tell, and myself getting sent home for the finger paints finding its canvas all over said lil asshole. Nice collection G for reals, lol. Keep em coming!
View All Quotes
I'll throw this on here.  Def not all my SBR's but only 3 cans currently.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4833/46042809642_01a951abd7_o.jpg
LOL.  Guess you havent seen some of the other guys on here...  I work hard, and I like my guns...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#29]

LOL.  Guess you havent seen some of the other guys on here...  I work hard, and I like my guns...
View Quote
Lol I know you work hard, I'm playing catch up myself, but getting closer everyday can't wait till I my tax returns come in, so I can do my .300 and My Version of the SR16 SBR, and when I do my show tell is going to be better!
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:26:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#30]
My 10.3"

Older pic

More current pic with the specwar installed
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Gear Sector X-Series slim mount modified for a Scout.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerFish] [#32]

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:17:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ponzer04] [#33]

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#34]
That is one sexy rifle you have there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#36]
ya know..short things. its all one sbr and i can never leave it alone

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#37]
12.5” Kino Barrel

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:52:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: huntsimp87] [#38]

Alright Snowflake calm down, this is an SBR Pic Thread not an SJW crying thread, his circumstances might not include any kids in his life, and if he does, I doubt he would leave it lying around for a child to pick up, I think its a cool setup, definitely turn some heads at the range. Don't judge someones level of safety and security when it comes to their rifles, obviously if he has children I would assume he is a responsible gun owner like the majority of ARFCOM gun owners.
View Quote
Lol ok, nerd. I hope people like that don't reproduce.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Lol ok, nerd. I hope people like that don't reproduce.
View Quote
I have 3 kids and not even the 2 year old is enough to think it is a toy, so if your offspring are then you may want to get them checked out.

You do comprehend that just because it looks cool doesn't mean it operates like a Nerf right?

Toys are camouflaged out so I guess most people in the refinishing group are with out kids because they all thought they were toys and shot themselves.

What is your refinishing line??? Because toys also come in black and brown.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:39:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: InfamousAK] [#40]
Originally Posted By ponzer04:

I have 3 kids and not even the 2 year old is enough to think it is a toy, so if your offspring are then you may want to get them checked out.

You do comprehend that just because it looks cool doesn't mean it operates like a Nerf right?

Toys are camouflaged out so I guess most people in the refinishing group are with out kids because they all thought they were toys and shot themselves.

What is your refinishing line??? Because toys also come in black and brown.
View Quote
I have your back on this, I got 3 little nieces at my house all the time 11-3 so I understand being a responsible gun owner, safety/security in my home when they are present, as most individuals with rifles, handguns, shotguns, etc when children are in the house, also understand the value of teaching firearm safety to children when they are young to be able to operate such firearms safely if necessary, and for in the future, one day if they decide to purchase firearms to own and operate themselves when they are old enough and legal to do so, but! Back to you're build, I love it, is that Spike's Tactical Billet Lower worth the coin? I bought myself a PWS MK1 Mod 2 Stripped Lower and I love it, it is also far cheaper, for the same amount of ambidextrous components the PWS MK1 Mod2 Stripped Lower offers, Now I love the KAC SR-15/16 Ambi Lower as well, but don't feel the coin is worth it for what I can get with the PWS, no doubt I know KAC's components are well worth it if its in you're price range, if not a great investment, I just think it is a little out of my price range when I can use the PWS MK1 Mod 2 Stripped or even complete lower of the latter for half the price, and buy aftermarket parts (Debatable: Some Parts Better than what comes standard with a SR15/16 Lower Receiver) that would total what the KAC SR15/16 Lower cost..... But I love the look of that billet lower from Spike's, don't know if you got to play around with the PWS, but can you give a little information on it, pro and cons, or a comparison of something similar in terms? Once again I think your SBR got hands down the the most rocking paint job on this page! Leaves me curious to see what other cool paint jobs you got!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#41]
PICTURE THREAD

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
First off I just finally broke down and painted my first weapon.... this guy.

I went all out on it because of the 2 stamps I am stuck with this thing so why go with a paint scheme that has mass appeal and is generic and looks like everyone else's?

The pws was in the running for this SBR purchase.  I went for the buy once, cry once mentality on this since it was my first and so far only nfa taxes.

Spike's won out as it did later after my purchase of the compressor in recoil magazine 300blk of the year.

1. Every part got special attention: for looks, coatings, functioning, heat sink, heat protection, holes in the upper for gas venting
2. Price after stamps was $3000 (same as Q honey badger today)  which was cheaper than dd isr before taxes
3. Spike's came with- case, SIGHTS, afg, sling attachment, sling attachment end plate, bad ass safety, nickle boron bcg and trigger, heat shield, heat sink on the gas tube, continuous raIL on top (minor a tenting to detail), stippled grip, ambi controls, Tommy gun looking barrel,
4. Length overall, spikes is still an sbr (sacrificing down to a just hearing safe gun)
5. Barrett rec7 and wilson combat were really in the running (these are the ones the pws lost to) the spikes was built to be silenced so there was no fine tuning after I got sbr and silencer they work together and look good together.
6. Spike's was built to be an overbuilt precision Tank that is stupid reliable.
7. Spike's simplified it for me and put the sbr/silencer together.  I didn't have to forum the sbr, then the silencer, and then the combo together.
8. Avoided pistons and recoil from them and the added weight

Adding up the cost to get say a pws then upgrading the parts to what came with the Compressor, the spike's was far cheaper.

I would probably go honey badge if choosing today for price and features as spikes upped the price

You can't discount the radical look of the Spike's receiver set and silencer together.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:25:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: InfamousAK] [#43]

I went all out on it because of the 2 stamps I am stuck with this thing so why go with a paint scheme that has mass appeal and is generic and looks like everyone else's?

The pws was in the running for this SBR purchase.  I went for the buy once, cry once mentality on this since it was my first and so far only nfa taxes.

Spike's won out as it did later after my purchase of the compressor in recoil magazine 300blk of the year.

1. Every part got special attention: for looks, coatings, functioning, heat sink, heat protection, holes in the upper for gas venting
2. Price after stamps was $3000 (same as Q honey badger today)  which was cheaper than dd isr before taxes
3. Spike's came with- case, SIGHTS, afg, sling attachment, sling attachment end plate, bad ass safety, nickle boron bcg and trigger, heat shield, heat sink on the gas tube, continuous raIL on top (minor a tenting to detail), stippled grip, ambi controls, Tommy gun looking barrel,
4. Length overall, spikes is still an sbr (sacrificing down to a just hearing safe gun)
5. Barrett rec7 and wilson combat were really in the running (these are the ones the pws lost to) the spikes was built to be silenced so there was no fine tuning after I got sbr and silencer they work together and look good together.
7. Spike's simplified it for me and put the sbr/silencer together.  I didn't have to forum the sbr, then the silencer, and then the combo together.

Adding up the cost to get say a pws then upgrading the parts to what came with the Compressor, the spike's was far cheaper.

I would probably go honey badge if choosing today for price and features as spikes upped the price

You can't discount the radical look of the Spike's receiver set and silencer together.
View Quote
Really Appreciate the time you took to write that, and the explanation you provided, its' a great build I like it! Looking forward to seeing what else you put up next granted, after all you spent it might be awhile lol, but hope sooner than later. I do like the Buy Once Cry Once Mentality, it pushes my budget to the extreme sometimes lol, but hey I got the PWS MK1 Mod2 Stripped Lower, and if it helps you for a future build it is a really awesome lower for a fraction of the price of  the KAC SR15 Ambi Lower, not maybe for what you went with on that build lol, but I got mine stripped and it had a Geissele SSA-E Trigger I had picked up for 190 a while back and had some awesome other parts lying in my bin, as stated above you could mod out to your liking for the same price as a KAC SR15/16 lower, but anyway I've been thinking of picking up the Spikes Billet Lower for something later on down the road, I just might take the hit on it and snatch one up when I get the coin, Once Again Thanks for The Write Up!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
That doesn't mean it isn't super ugly.

Your money, your choice. Thumbs up. But you can't expect everyone to agree with your highly unique personal taste. Most people looking at what you did to that poor gun just think it looks really really stupid. If you like it, then that's wonderful, but you're yelling at windmills if you think long-winded rants about how awesome the gun is and why your bizarre color scheme is awesome are going to change anyone's mind.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
That doesn't mean it isn't super ugly.

Your money, your choice. Thumbs up. But you can't expect everyone to agree with your highly unique personal taste. Most people looking at what you did to that poor gun just think it looks really really stupid. If you like it, then that's wonderful, but you're yelling at windmills if you think long-winded rants about how awesome the gun is and why your bizarre color scheme is awesome are going to change anyone's mind.
View Quote
I was asked why I chose the compressor over pws and I answered that.

I also said that since I "married" it doing the 2 stamps that I went personal on the paint and not generic.

Feel free to say it is the dumbest thing in the world to you.  The person. Complaining about it said that kids will shoot themselves because they think it is a toy.  That is what I disagree with.  1. Kids are not THAT stupid!  2. Toys come in all common paint schemes

Serious question what is the line for painting if toys come in all color possible configurations?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#46]
pic thread, swing your purse elsewhere.........please

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
pic thread, swing your purse elsewhere.........please
View Quote
I tried  aside from the post explainin why spikes over pws

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:33:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#50]
Originally Posted By pyotr_k:
https://i.imgur.com/6LMkY1Z.jpg

View Quote
I bet that Mosin is a fire breather. Good lord. Do want??!! Does the bullet stabilize well out of that barrel?
Page / 166
Tacked SBR Picture Thread Part II (Page 135 of 166)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top