BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My teenaged daughter loves the Storm, but it does have a unique recoil feel.
View Quote

Full disclosure - our .308 is a PTR. Love it but she’s got some recoil. My son:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I got my optic in today for my 2nd CX4 - a Mepro 21 reflex sight. This is actually my 8th Mepro I have owned over the years. I forgot how much I love this optic, since I have Sig Romeo 8T on my other CX4.

I like my Romeo 8T more than the Aimpoint T1 I used to have (the 8T is milspec, unlike most of the other Romeo optics). But, after getting back into the Mepro, I can say I like them better than any red dot.

My Mepro 21 has the triangle reticle. I laser bore sighted it at home, and then took it to the range this afternoon. All zeroed now. And, the new FDE CX4 performed beautifully.

Despite the extended charging handle, I decided to mount the Mepro further forward, as the triangle appears a little larger in the FOV that way.

I will say that there is some claim that this 3rd gen of CX4 has a better trigger. Dry firing it back to back with my black CX4 (2nd gen) - I really couldn't tell much difference. But actually shooting the FDE CX4 at the range? Yea, it is a little better. I can say that.

I zeroed it with Critical Defense 9mm ammo. By using that to zero, the POA/POI is about the same with WWB 115gr. On a CX4 I used to have years ago, I found that 124 gr Hydrashok and 124gr Gold Dot did not hit in the same place as the typical FMJ ammo I used.

Anyway - REALLY like the gun! I just needa get a sling for it eventually...

This was also the first time I ever used Mecgar mags in a CX4. I'd swear I read someone complaining about them in a CX4 many years ago. So, I just never got around to trying them. Today, I used a few 18 round mecgar mags, and they worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
@Shipwreck nice post & excellent set up!

Mecgar 20 rounders might be the perfect mag for this carbine IMO. Flawless in mine - we used them downrange in our 92s back in the pre-Glock days. Love those mags.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate it.

For now, I have an 18 round Mecgar in the FDE CX4... That was it doesn't stick down past the grip.

My black one has an old factory 20 rounder in it.

Interesting the change - the old 20 rounders are damn near impossible to get the 20th round in (people online always commented on this). Even after years - it's not easy. Very strong spring.

The new 20 rounder factory magazine that came with the FDE CX4 - The spring isn't nearly as strong. Very easy to load.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Only Beretta 30 rounders are allowed to insert themselves into my CX4.

Hoping for a holiday sale on the Primary Arms GLx 2X with the 9mm reticle. I feel like its the perfect match for the CX4.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I got my optic in today for my 2nd CX4 - a Mepro 21 reflex sight. This is actually my 8th Mepro I have owned over the years. I forgot how much I love this optic, since I have Sig Romeo 8T on my other CX4.

I like my Romeo 8T more than the Aimpoint T1 I used to have (the 8T is milspec, unlike most of the other Romeo optics). But, after getting back into the Mepro, I can say I like them better than any red dot.

My Mepro 21 has the triangle reticle. I laser bore sighted it at home, and then took it to the range this afternoon. All zeroed now. And, the new FDE CX4 performed beautifully.

Despite the extended charging handle, I decided to mount the Mepro further forward, as the triangle appears a little larger in the FOV that way.

https://i.imgur.com/7ESyXa2.jpg

I will say that there is some claim that this 3rd gen of CX4 has a better trigger. Dry firing it back to back with my black CX4 (2nd gen) - I really couldn't tell much difference. But actually shooting the FDE CX4 at the range? Yea, it is a little better. I can say that.

I zeroed it with Critical Defense 9mm ammo. By using that to zero, the POA/POI is about the same with WWB 115gr. On a CX4 I used to have years ago, I found that 124 gr Hydrashok and 124gr Gold Dot did not hit in the same place as the typical FMJ ammo I used.

https://i.imgur.com/DBP259f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PAJ87di.jpg

This was also the first time I ever used Mecgar mags in a CX4. I'd swear I read someone complaining about them in a CX4 many years ago. So, I just never got around to trying them. Today, I used a few 18 round mecgar mags, and they worked perfectly.
View Quote

I absolutely LOVE the choice you made with that SIG 8T; can I ask you how you like it? Being eyeing one for months (for several carbines) @Shipwreck
ETA now looking for an FDE 8t, out of stock everywhere (naturally)
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hoping for a holiday sale on the Primary Arms GLx 2X with the 9mm reticle. I feel like its the perfect match for the CX4.
View Quote

@Rigian I have that scope for 5.56 on one of my ARs - it’s excellent. Super light and decent glass for what you are paying. I’d definitely try one in 9mm for the Storm.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Rigian I have that scope for 5.56 on one of my ARs - it's excellent. Super light and decent glass for what you are paying. I'd definitely try one in 9mm for the Storm.
View Quote
Thanks for the report. Seems like most people are pretty happy with the GLx series but $370 is just a bit higher than I want to spend at the moment. Hopefully a sale comes on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I absolutely LOVE the choice you made with that SIG 8T; can I ask you how you like it? Being eyeing one for months (for several carbines) @Shipwreck
ETA now looking for an FDE 8t, out of stock everywhere (naturally)
View Quote

It is really cool. I have had it for over a year now. I like that it is shake awake, multiple reticles, has a 10 year battery life. And, it is one of the only Sig optics that is milspec.

I watched a youtube video where they destroyed several expensive optics to see how they held up. The Romeo 8T held up very well. That's what pushed me to try it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha. Maybe. But, I don't want anything that long hanging of the gun. The 20 rounder is as longa s I will go...
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/7ESyXa2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DBP259f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PAJ87di.jpg

View Quote

Hey shipwreck
can I ask how much you paid for the storm in FDE?

My local place has them and they are usually  a little high with their pricing
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#12]
If I remember right, I paid $799. Out of all the places online selling them, no one is cheaper than that price.

Stupid crazy gun prices right now. These should be $699. That is what they were priced prior to this gun madness
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Paid $999 a few months ago then they went down to $799  a few weeks later.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I payed $600 used for mine and came with the tri-rail and some unknown red dot. I've since bought several of the 20 rd Mec-Gar mags and a Beretta 30 rd.

I will say the recoil impulse is sharper than my previously owned AR-V and AK-V but for some reason I perceive it sharper with 115gr and softer with 124gr 9mm

I almost want to get the barrel threaded to put a muzzle comp on there just to see if it would make a noticeable difference.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry if this is already been asked in the thread but who makes a good magazine pouch for the Beretta 30 round magazines?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I've used a combination of pouches. Seems most SMG / MP5 pouches will work.

In my go bag, I have two of the Condor Triple MP5 Mag pouches.

Also have had good luck with the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag pouch. Have one mounted to a BFG chest rig.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is already been asked in the thread but who makes a good magazine pouch for the Beretta 30 round magazines?
View Quote
So I asked this with the esstac guys and they said to send them an email and they will get you set up.
I haven't actually done that yet but i will when the need arrises.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Second the Esstac if you want them on your belt. I have a couple of their mp5 kwyi double mag pouches, they work very well.

https://esstac.com/midlength-mp5-b-t-double-gap-kwyi-pouch/

If you're looking more for a throw over your shoulder carry pouch, I have a couple of these as well. They are 8 mag/double sided pouches, and I really dig them. If you need to grab and go asap, these are great.

http://www.galatigear.com/9mm-rifle-mag-pouch.html
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought one because of the looks.  I don't know why, I tend to gravitate toward "off the wall" styles of guns sometimes, and saw one at a gun show and got to handle it.  I found one online that had the PX4 magazines, but I switched it to the 92 mags and got some of the 30 round extended ones for it.
View Quote

I wonder if anyone bought one because they were used on Battlestar Galactica
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have to admit, Battlestar Galactica did weigh heavily into my purchase of the CX4. Though I did buy it almost a decade after the show went off the air. Even added a PA Aimpoint clone to complete the look.

Need to try out the Cylon paper targets I have.

While it may be silly to get a firearm as seen in a movie, tv show, or video game, the CX4 has been handy for me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have to admit, Battlestar Galactica did weigh heavily into my purchase of the CX4. Though I did buy it almost a decade after the show went off the air. Even added a PA Aimpoint clone to complete the look.

While it may be silly to get a firearm as seen in a movie, tv show, or video game, the CX4 has been handy for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is a first model, pre-rail (irons only)... it's my Adama-crashlanded special.  

Hell, my LA Confidential collection is fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If I remember right, I paid $799. Out of all the places online selling them, no one is cheaper than that price.

Stupid crazy gun prices right now. These should be $699. That is what they were priced prior to this gun madness
View Quote

Thanks shipwreck. I checked my lgs today and they had the black for $730 and the FDE for $799

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#23]
My daughter told my wife she wants a Beretta Storm.

Gun + SP trigger + optic + sling + mags...

$1500ish.

Maybe I'll just give her mine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Well Mrs. Rigian shot her CX4 for the first time and found it to be pretty good.

It was her second time ever shooting a gun and first time shooting a shouldered firearm. Pretty good form if I do say so myself.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#25]
She's defending the North side of the cattle barn against a rogue pallet approaching from about 20 yards away.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a FYI for anyone who may be looking for a quick on/off single point sling. I've used this one for a little over a year and it works great.  
[url=https://www.admmfg.com/asp-single-point-sling]

The sling comes in two pieces. Attach the shorter 'adapter' to the inside sling point on the CX4 buttstock and then you can quickly attach or detach the sling to the adapter as desired.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#27]
For those looking for a good sling for the CX4, I have used an Urban ERT sling for a lot of years, works perfectly.   I don't work for them, I put it on my gen. 1 CX4 about 10 years ago and it still works great.
CX4 Sling
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Hickok45 is a fan:

Link
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mecgar 20 rounders might be the perfect mag for this carbine IMO. Flawless in mine - we used them downrange in our 92s back in the pre-Glock days. Love those mags.
View Quote

I would agree
They extend below the grip just far enough to allow you to easily seat them
The "flush fit" ones are recessed in the grip just enough that you have to consously make sure they are seated
And the extended ones ruin the compact nature of the Storm
My Mecgar 20's have functioned absolutely flawlessly
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#30]
My BIL was around for the holidays and as soon as he held the CX4 he wanted to shoot it. We took it out in -15 degrees. He absolutely loved it. He's probably going to get one. I shot it again as well and I like it more and more. I want to put an optic on it but it will have to wait till the next time we come back stateside.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine goes to the range every trip. Other guns we rotate but CX goes every time. Just damn fun to shoot. It is also my primary HD weapon these days. Best firearms purchase of the year for me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For those looking for a good sling for the CX4, I have used an Urban ERT sling for a lot of years, works perfectly.   I don't work for them, I put it on my gen. 1 CX4 about 10 years ago and it still works great.
CX4 Sling
View Quote

+1

Great sling.  Have It on my CX4

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know a gunsmith that will work on the CX4 and cut down and thread the barrel?

I have a CX4 that I filled out the SBR paperwork but I can't find a gunsmith that is willing to do the work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone know a gunsmith that will work on the CX4 and cut down and thread the barrel?

I have a CX4 that I filled out the SBR paperwork but I can't find a gunsmith that is willing to do the work.
View Quote
Check with Sierra Papa. They specialize in CX4s. Get the trigger and hammer done at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pulling the barrel requires a special tool.

I bought one, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Check with Sierra Papa. They specialize in CX4s. Get the trigger and hammer done at the same time.
View Quote

I tried emailing them and calling a few times and with no luck.  I'll try again in a few weeks
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I tried emailing them and calling a few times and with no luck.  I'll try again in a few weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys also do CX4 work and are very responsive in my experience:

WWW.USMACHINEGUN.COM
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#38]
I’ve recently seen the FDE ones live on the rack for the first time in ages.  The tag said 719.99.

I’ve had one of the black ones since about 2005.

They are high on the fun factor.

I went to an AR based gun for 92 magazines.

I have switched it out to PX4 mags.

Buy some spare mag releases and inserts when available.

My son used it for about dozen multigun matches, plus another half a dozen practice range trips over a couple of years about a decade ago.

They wear and stop retaining.  At least the ones of that era.  And a decade ago was horrible for being in stock and able to replace them.

If you are going to be a Beretta fan, get an account at beretta USA and be on their mailing list.
Keep a running list of stuff you need.
A lot of their stuff is inexplicably expensive compared to other makes.  A Cougar, 92, or PX4 mag release for the CX4 is 40 bucks.  The mag insert 25.  The 30 round 92 mags 40.
A handful of holiday times a year they will have big sales and stock up at those times.

Have notify when in stock set up for other items.  Some parts will run a long time between being available.

I keep meaning to work on Trimming the grip so it will take compact as well as the full sized magazines.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I would agree
The "flush fit" ones are recessed in the grip just enough that you have to consously make sure they are seated
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree

Yes, the 18 round mec-gar body, either with the 18 round floor plate or 20 round +2 base have been rock solid reliability wise for me.

I have not yet done it, but at looking from switching over from Production to CCO
I have experimented with the Taylor Freelance +4 Canik TP9 extension, (same mag body with some slight feed lip and mag release hole differences) which will give you 22 rounds with stock spring and follower.  I built a couple and they are 100% reliable.  With a grams engineering spring and follower they will give you 23 rounds.  But often won’t lock back on empty.  You also have to sand part of the front, left side of the follower.  They also don’t work with a lanyard type hammer spring cap.

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#40]
OP: Great to see you got one and I would bet that your wife really likes it. I handled the marketing for this gun for over a year and managed it for government sales for seven years. I designed an adapter so that it would use S&W 59-series magazines in 2007 but we didn't go forward with the accessory offering (I still have my conversion).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Understand that you can SBR the Cx4 without legal issue once your Form 1 is approved, BUT do not make the mistake others have made by thinking you can just thread the barrel or cut out the thumbhole stock because its an NFA firearm - the 1989 Bush "Assault Weapons" imports ban/922 (r) (with parts count) still affects this gun even with an SBR approval. Understand also that ATF considers a suppressor to ALSO be flash hider http://sierrapapacx4.com has US-made parts if you want to "go all the way".
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP: Great to see you got one and I would bet that your wife really likes it. I handled the marketing for this gun for over a year and managed it for government sales for seven years. I designed an adapter so that it would use S&W 59-series magazines in 2007 but we didn't go forward with the accessory offering (I still have my conversion).

View Quote
Hey that's great. Thanks for jumping on the thread! I feel like I should now change the title to "official" rather that "semi-unofficial".
Quoted:

Understand that you can SBR the Cx4 without legal issue once your Form 1 is approved, BUT do not make the mistake others have made by thinking you can just thread the barrel or cut out the thumbhole stock because its an NFA firearm - the 1989 Bush "Assault Weapons" imports ban/922 (r) (with parts count) still affects this gun even with an SBR approval. Understand also that ATF considers a suppressor to ALSO be flash hider http://sierrapapacx4.com has US-made parts if you want to "go all the way".
View Quote
I had wondered about that. The CX4 of all guns is just begging to be cut and threaded.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey that's great. Thanks for jumping on the thread! I feel like I should now change the title to "official" rather that "semi-unofficial".
I had wondered about that. The CX4 of all guns is just begging to be cut and threaded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We had a plan to make the Cx4 at Beretta USA with all the features (no thumb hole, threaded muzzle, etc.) and there were engineering drawings of a folding stock model. I was working on the Rx4 at the time (marketing and product launch and development) when I spoke to Franco Beretta recommending just giving the Rx4 to Benelli totally (it was really a Benelli product - became the MR1) and to tool up to make the ARX-160 in the US as a semi-auto. The ARX-160 was in late prototype stages at that time (I was on the 160 team for government marketing, etc. and working with Italy) and it was decided to go forward. Due to the investment to make the semi-ARX-160/ARX-100 in the USA, the US-made Cx4 project was cancelled.

Many people still like the Cx4 thumb hole stock (I don't mind it - sure, a folder would be cool) and St. Louis PD had a Cx4 in every patrol car (they used the 92 series pistol at the time so it was a nice match) - the police officers really liked theirs. I was a cop at one time and I would have loved to have a Cx4 instead of the shotgun I was issued for the road.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what I understand as well - you can make an imported weapon 922r compliant based on US parts count- totally separate process for SBR and SBR Form 1 does not also make said weapon 922r compliant. One could make a weapon 922r compliant - and subsequently  threaded - based on US parts count without going the SBR route - as long as you maintain a 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#45]
BerettaGuy, thanks for the input on this. Always like the back stories on development and marketing for firearms.

Neat that St Louis PD used the CX4 with their 92fs. The compatibility with 92fs magazines, besides being on Battlestar Galactica, was a major reason for getting a CX4.

What are your thoughts on 922r parts with the CX4? Curious if the trigger upgrades from Sierra Papa would be enough. Do like how the upgraded trigger feels.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#46]
So why is the Cx4 legally allowed to be imported when it accepts a double stacked magazine when double-stacked magazine thumbhole-stocked AKs, FALs, G3s, UZIs, etc. were stopped from importation in the early/mid-1990s?

I thought I would add the answer to this question as it does come up. Some people have said: "Beretta gets to do what they want because of the huge pistol contract they have with the Army." Well, that's NOT the case. When ATF evaluates a semi-auto for importation in regard to the 1989 AW import ban, they look to see if it is a "sporting" firearm (which is unconstitutional as the 2A has nothing to do with sport shooting but that's another story). After the 1989 ban, in around 1990/91, foreign manufacturers and US importers started bringing in thumbhole-stocked AKs with 5-round double-stacked magazines which WOULD accept standard AK mags, Springfield Armory had their G3 semi-auto they were importing in 1988 (and for one month in 1989) switched over to a thumb hole stock with no flash hider/no bayonet lug (like AKs), and Century brought in FALs with thumholes and without "bad" features. This was fine for a few years as thumb hole stocks were considered to be a hunting or sporting stock. Then, due to pressure from Democrat anti-gun groups and NO resistance from Republicrats, ATF decided that a double-stacked magazine capability was not sporting so they all went away. Shortly thereafter, AKs started showing up with single stacked magazines and some were allowed to come in with pistol grips and regular stocks like the MAADI.

So back to the question of why the Cx4 can come in with a thumb hole and double-stacked magazine capability. The reason is that the Cx4, when it was developed, was NOT a semi-auto version of a machine gun - it was a whole new design that was meant for the commercial "sporting" market. What killed the other models is that those were derived from machine guns. Now, the Beretta Mx4 is a submachine gun version of the Cx4 BUT it came later. If you want to know why you can buy a 30-rd Beretta-made magazine for the 92-series its ONLY because India purchased 36,000 Mx4 SMGs and the magazine had to be developed to get the contract. It's not as easy as you may think to engineer a reliable magazine over 25 rounds when the magazine is at a slant - just ask Pro-Mag! .

Regarding Beretta magazines - there are some misconceptions as far as who makes magazines for Beretta. Mec-Gar , although they are in Italy, is NOT the magazine manufacturer for Beretta although this company has been awarded government contracts for spare Beretta magazines. Beretta owns many companies: SAKO, Benellli, Franchi, Steiner, Burris, Uberti, etc. and they own a company called Meccanica del Sarca which is a magazine manufacturer (I also handled their USA marketing for a time when they were looking for a new person when the old one left the company). Meccanica del Sarca also makes magazines for some of Beretta's competitors (imagine that!) and has made them for Sig.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
BerettaGuy, thanks for the input on this. Always like the back stories on development and marketing for firearms.

Neat that St Louis PD used the CX4 with their 92fs. The compatibility with 92fs magazines, besides being on Battlestar Galactica, was a major reason for getting a CX4.

What are your thoughts on 922r parts with the CX4? Curious if the trigger upgrades from Sierra Papa would be enough. Do like how the upgraded trigger feels.

View Quote

I worked with the management of Independent Studio Services for many years and they did much of the gun work/rentals for Battlestar Galactica. I didn't work with them on that show for Cx4s but for many other movies with other guns I had and when I was at Beretta. I did work with Redstorm Entertainment very closely on the first Ghost Recon video game which features mostly Beretta guns including the Cx4 (and the Rx4 I helped cancel afterwards in favor of the ARX-100 US production- LOL!).

I was in contact with Sierra Pappa many years ago (don't remember exactly on what) but I believe they are the experts in re-configuring a Cx4 legally since they manufacture 922r USA-made parts. I never tried their updated trigger. My 9mm Cx4 is the one I was "issued" in 2006 when I started work at Beretta (I left in 2014). I do have the prototype S&W 59-series mag adapter I developed along with a Px4 mag conversion. Other than a bunch of Beretta branded accessories bolted on, its stock and I like it the way it is with the 90-series mag set up.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Man! all of this info is absolute gold!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Another behind the scenes Cx4 story.

When I ran (also founded) international sales for Beretta USA, I was also authorized (US Dept of State) along with some other Beretta USA employees, to make sales for Beretta Italy, SAKO, Benelli etc. in foriegn countries (I didn't do it a lot as they have their own international sales group). I was also wearing the tactical products manager hat for US and was working on making a tactical version of the 3901 semi-auto shotgun which was the only shotgun Beretta USA made. I started with a discontinued 3901 slug gun and added a pistol grip full stock from a Benelli M4 shot gun (made an adapter) and a few other modifications. At about the same time, I was working with the ministry of defense of Nigeria on a sale of 200 or so US-made 90-series pistols (don't remember the model I sold them but they could have been just straight 92s). The defense attache I worked with (and you should have seen their embassy which was new at the time - huge. Every office had a big screen TV in it and they all had old American TV shows playing. Even cartoons! LOL!. Anyway..) wanted all new weapons for the coast guard as piracy was becoming an issue.  I showed him the ARX-160 but it wasnt ready at the time and the US-made ARX-100 project had just begun (he was fine with semi only but we could have made them select fire). So, I showed him the 3901 Tactical prototype as a possible addition until the ARX rifles were available and he was sort of interested in some of those but wanted a rifle and he needed something right away.  So, I showed him the Cx4 and explained about the compatibility with the 92s he was buying. Of course, I explained to him that these are not eplacement for a 5.56 but they would work well in a situation where the coast guard would have to board a shipping freighter (which they did often) and since those are like a small town on the water, having a shootout may be better with a 9mm carbine than having 5.56 zinging off steel walls and floors. So, he bought either 50 or 100 (can't remember). If you ever see a photo with a Nigerian Coast Guard sailor with Cx4, now you know the rest of the story.

My 3901 Tactical project eventually morphed into the Tx4 shotgun and then the 1301 Tactical shotgun made in Italy today.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Berettaguy, thanks a ton for all the behind the scenes info! I do have a question I don’t think I’ve seen an answer to yet, and that is what is the 922r parts count on a cx4? Or, how many us made parts do we need to change in order to thread the barrel? Again, thanks for all the info on my favorite rifle!
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top