BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your wife is very fortunate to have a husband like you to buy and shoot firearms for her
View Quote
I keep trying to tell her!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For those interested I just bought a barrel tool from here, just to have on hand.

https://naahtoolworks.com/product/beretta-cx4-storm-barrel-nut-wrench/
View Quote

Wow, I looked all over and am on berettaforum.net, that is where I got the dimensions for the tool. That was a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking CX4 FDE arrived today....No barrel threads tho , 1 x Attachment Attached File
20 rd mag
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice looking CX4 FDE arrived today....No barrel threads tho , 1 x https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160387/0B06D4F9-28EB-4740-A4D6-BD7056619AF8_jpe-1924737.JPG20 rd mag
View Quote
Sweet. Mine was also delivered to the FFL. Tomorrow it will get picked up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link I feel pretty good about the price after seeing a second one on gun broker going for $1501.00 with two more days of bidding left
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice looking CX4 FDE arrived today....No barrel threads tho , 1 x https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160387/0B06D4F9-28EB-4740-A4D6-BD7056619AF8_jpe-1924737.JPG20 rd mag
View Quote

Yep. Got mine today also. Had to clean it up a bit. It had a lot of grease on it. And no threads. My 30-rounds mags will be here
Monday. Now I have a black one and a FDE one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Link I feel pretty good about the price after seeing a second one on gun broker going for $1501.00 with two more days of bidding left
View Quote

I've been watching these on GB for a while. They are selling for big bucks. Glad I found this one for $999 because my wife really wanted one in 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad this was not a threaded version by some miracle
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice guns guys, enjoy! If Beretta ever does import more of these I’m going to hope to get one in .40. You know, just because. :D
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Shows CX4 fde in stock again this minute
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Link Shows CX4 fde in stock again this minute
View Quote
Shhhh!  I need to sell off some things to afford it first!  
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shhhh!  I need to sell off some things to afford it first!  
View Quote
IT'S SOOOOO NICE!!!! SO SMOOOOOTH AND SLEEEEEEEEK.

Feels like holding a beautiful woman.

eta: (i dont actually have it in my hands yet. im just messing with you)
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, its going to be a few days before my CX4 can be picked up (I mean my wife's CX4). I'm out of the country so I had my father make the purchase. He had never bought a firearm online before so when he went to pick it up from the FFL they said he had to go to the sheriff's office and get a permit to acquire. I called the FFL and the guys said MN law certain types of firearms require an additional background check and this additional permit.

I don't remember this from living in MN years ago but I guess I had also only ever bought normal hunting rifles in MN. Well, next week I guess. I wont get to even handle it till August anyway but still. Annoying. GIVE ME MY GUN!
(wife's gun)
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Tough to hear about your issues in get it picked up ..Sorry for your Dad having to go through those hassles to pick up your/ (Wife's) firearm ...So to hold you over I’ll post a pick in honor of your struggles Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tough to hear about your issues in get it picked up ..Sorry for your Dad having to go through those hassles to pick up your/ (Wife's) firearm ...So to hold you over I'll post a pick in honor of your struggles https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160387/83EA85E3-3412-4D65-88CA-FE31A0404C5E_jpe-1925689.JPG
View Quote

Nice set up! I see you have some 30s. That's the main reason I bought this gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked up 7 x 30’s from Brownells luckily I used a coupon and get a discount
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tough to hear about your issues in get it picked up ..Sorry for your Dad having to go through those hassles to pick up your/ (Wife's) firearm ...So to hold you over I'll post a pick in honor of your struggles https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160387/83EA85E3-3412-4D65-88CA-FE31A0404C5E_jpe-1925689.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice!!!

So, update to the situation. FFL screwed up. It does not meet the requirements for the additional BS permit. Looked up the regulation and it lists a bunch of specific firearms that are restricted and then this:

(2) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two (2) of the following:   (a) Folding or telescoping stock;
 (b) Pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
 (c) Bayonet mount;
 (d) Flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
 (e) Grenade launcher.

So I called up the FFL asked if they had a copy of the regulations handy and asked them to have a look at the firearm again. Couple minutes later, "Hey, sorry about that. You're right. Have your dad swing back and pick it up."

In the immortal and wise words of my idol and a true American hero:

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Good thing you were vigilant and did your due diligence...I’ve dealt with more than a couple of Dealers that don’t keep up with current regulations
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#19]
OP
unless i read that post wrong you need to edit it and rephrase
PRONTO
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP
PRONTO
View Quote
Are you talking about the Biden thing or something else?

eta. I'm just going to assume you misunderstood my Biden sarcasm.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP
PRONTO

maybe i read it wrong
i can be a bit paranoid at times
it kinda sounded like you were saying your father went and bought the cx4
"for you"
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#22]
How are the triggers on these new CX4s? The one I bought several years ago had the worst factory trigger known to man and was replaced with a Serra Pappa trigger. Just wondering if Beretta is making this PCC with a better trigger.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How are the triggers on these new CX4s? The one I bought several years ago had the worst factory trigger known to man and was replaced with a Serra Pappa trigger. Just wondering if Beretta is making this PCC with a better trigger.
View Quote
It's pretty much the same as the one I bought years ago. The trigger is definitely a down side and I'm going to switch it out for sure. I'll look into the SP trigger.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

maybe i read it wrong
i can be a bit paranoid at times
it kinda sounded like you were saying your father went and bought the cx4
"for you"
View Quote
Oh no. Actually my father is buying it. Later this year he will give it as a gift for my wife. He is purchasing it but when he gives it as a gift later this year he will complete it all legally. In MN there are no specific requirements for a private transfer but we will still go to an FFL and do a formal legal transfer to keep everything well above board.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh no. Actually my father is buying it. Later this year he will give it as a gift for my wife. He is purchasing it but when he gives it as a gift later this year he will complete it all legally. In MN there are no specific requirements for a private transfer but we will still go to an FFL and do a formal legal transfer to keep everything well above board.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's that? I did a FTF gun purchase of a personal rifle belonging to a FFL. No paperwork at all because none required.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hated mine.  For a 9mm it was very jarring to shoot.  Ruger PC9 ftw.
View Quote

Exactly why I got rid of mine.
Put about two mags through it and decided it wasn't for me.  Like you said, jarring to shoot compared to other 9mm carbines and the trigger sucks.

I prefer my 9mm AR and MP5 clone.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Well there it is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What's that? I did a FTF gun purchase of a personal rifle belonging to a FFL. No paperwork at all because none required.
View Quote
Yeah it's not required but it's available as an option if you want to make sure you did everything possible to verify the buyer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Very nice , congratulations ??
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is my CX4...

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#32]

What is that muzzle device?  Is that barrel threaded and if so do you shoot it suppressed?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine has a Sierra Papa trigger and it's still not very good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I've contacted Sierra Papa about mounting a section of pic rail instead of a AR buffer tube so we could use SIG folders, but they never reply.

Something like this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Nice setup !
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've contacted Sierra Papa about mounting a section of pic rail instead of a AR buffer tube so we could use SIG folders, but they never reply.

Something like this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64501/Cx4-STORM-DARK-EARTH_folder_jpg-1928313.JPG
View Quote
I asked them the exact same thing and got no response as well. Im surprised to hear that you don't like the Sierra Papa trigger. Im probably going to get it anyway for some improvement.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I asked them the exact same thing and got no response as well. Im surprised to hear that you don't like the Sierra Papa trigger. Im probably going to get it anyway for some improvement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something like this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64501/Cx4-STORM-DARK-EARTH_folder_jpg-1928313.JPG
Any other options for triggers? The factory trigger is pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Mine has the SP trigger and housing. I sent them the lower and they installed it.
It's way better than OEM but with all the moving parts being like a Bullpup it's not like an AR with a good trigger.

When I got mine there was a problem with some OEM housings cracking, part of the reason I got the SP one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#39]
When did they make this modification?  I've never seen one with all that extra plastic around the safety.  Is it the same way on the other side?

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When did they make this modification?  I've never seen one with all that extra plastic around the safety.  Is it the same way on the other side?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481249/Screen_Shot_2021-05-04_at_10_36_08_AM-1929202.png
View Quote

Are both sides like that?
Mine doesn't have that, don't think I like it.

eta

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like it would make safety harder to reach.
I don't see the plastic "gate" to cover which ever ejection port your not using. You can see mine in pic, I shoot left.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#43]
There are suddenly seven eight nine of these on Gun Broker up for auction. Apparently people are flipping them.

Edit for corrections.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#44]
The "fence" was a GEN3 mod which has been out for awhile now.  "Supposedly" people were hitting the safety when they didn't mean to so this was to help with that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There are suddenly seven eight nine of these on Gun Broker up for auction. Apparently people are flipping them.

Edit for corrections.
View Quote
Ha ha! I literally came here to post that I see 10 FDE versions right now on Gun Broker.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#46]
I got my CX4 back when the Beretta deal with the Russian police was winding down, and they were hard to come by.  I'd see ONE at a gun show and it would have a lot of people hovering around it and then it would get snapped up.  

I almost got one of the Russian models that had the longer barrel and came in a cardboard box, but lucked out and got a new standard barrel length model in the Beretta hard case for $700.  Seeing them going for a hefty fee now is tempting me to sell mine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The "fence" was a GEN3 mod which has been out for awhile now.  "Supposedly" people were hitting the safety when they didn't mean to so this was to help with that.
View Quote

Haven't seen the fence... I know the bump one came out around when they started the MX4 (submachine gun), since the selector is included in the safety.

I have the original, actually one of the first 750. Never had the safety bump off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#48]
It is a barrel shroud/flash hider. It was made by MFI.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I like the looks of the FDE. I've had a CX-4 for just a few years but mine is 40 S&W. Bought a PX-4 pistol and like having a pistol and rifle in the same caliber and using the same magazines even though the PX-4 has only a 17 round capacity. Mine shoots very well and I like it yet I still will complain about the plastic trigger but it's not a no-buy gripe. Worse thing about the CX-4 is not the trigger but is the awful sights and hump. They don't match my eyesight very well and the sight ears are in the way to mount a red dot. My red dot is mounted a little too high just to clear the sight ears. Like mentioned I love having carbine rifles and pistols that use the same magazines. Wouldn't pay the prices taey are asking today though, especially $1500 plus!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#50]
So now Grabagun has them in stock for $832, down from $999...woe is me!!!
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top