Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen these on IG. Figured you guys would like to see them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I need this one bad! Wonder if the stock is compatible with the standard VZ61
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
So what is the SOP for threading 1/2x28 for those of use that have a Vz61 that has the original diameter barrel which is just shy of 1/2" so threading it is to small of a diameter - Thread to a smaller thread pattern and use a thread adapter?  Where does one get dies and adapters can't seem to find.

I have mine SBR'd and love to shoot it, wouldn't mid using it supressed as I have some 9mm cans that might work well on it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
So what is the SOP for threading 1/2x28 for those of use that have a Vz61 that has the original diameter barrel which is just shy of 1/2" so threading it is to small of a diameter - Thread to a smaller thread pattern and use a thread adapter?  Where does one get dies and adapters can't seem to find.

I have mine SBR'd and love to shoot it, wouldn't mid using it supressed as I have some 9mm cans that might work well on it.
View Quote

After having mine threaded, I wouldn’t recommend it. But. Since there’s not enough meat on it to thread, have Class3 thread it for the Kimber 7/16x28 to 5/8x24 muzzle adapter.  
If I had it all to do over, I’d wait for the factory threaded upper to be In Stock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sparky923:

After having mine threaded, I wouldn’t recommend it. But. Since there’s not enough meat on it to thread, have Class3 thread it for the Kimber 7/16x28 to 5/8x24 muzzle adapter.  
If I had it all to do over, I’d wait for the factory threaded upper to be In Stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sparky923:

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-threaded-upper-765/product

Looks like the thread uppers are in stock
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

That fixed stock looks very nice!
View All Quotes

Agreed. I still like the original wire stock for authenticity and compactness but I would love to get one of those solid stocks for fun
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By agb104983:

Agreed. I still like the original wire stock for authenticity and compactness but I would love to get one of those solid stocks for fun
View Quote

X2

Group buy?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:54:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#9]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

X2

Group buy?
View All Quotes

X2

Group buy?

I sent an email to somebody that made an adapter for them. I’m going to see if he ended up putting them into production or if not, could do a small run.  It’s just an adapter piece that screws onto the two screws in the back of the VZ61 and allows you to connect a regular VZ58 stock.  No idea what cost would be but if anyone is interested please post on here so that I can tell this guy how many might be interested if he needs to do a short production run if he doesn’t already have them made.  Here’s a picture of his adapter with a black synthetic stock but it works with wood or the wood chip resin as well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#10]

I sent an email to somebody that made an adapter for them. I’m going to see if he ended up putting them into production or if not, could do a small run.  It’s just an adapter piece that screws onto the two screws in the back of the VZ61 and allows you to connect a regular VZ58 stock.  No idea what cost would be but if anyone is interested please post on here so that I can tell this guy how many might be interested if he needs to do a short production run if he doesn’t already have them made.  Here’s a picture of his adapter with a black synthetic stock but it works with wood or the wood chip resin as well.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/1A612D55-CB38-4ADF-B864-C0C30EAD6DF8_jpe-2109072.JPG
View Quote

I'm in for one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/1A612D55-CB38-4ADF-B864-C0C30EAD6DF8_jpe-2109072.JPG
View Quote

Pending price I’d be interested in 2-3.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Photos finally showed up. That’s is super sexy. Lol

Is this some guy or a shop that made these. Maybe if we all send him a email stating that we each want x amount he will make some.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#14]

Is this some guy or a shop that made these. Maybe if we all send him a email stating that we each want x amount he will make some.
View All Quotes

It’s technically a company but I don’t know if it’s a full-time gig for him. I told him I had multiple people that would be wanting to buy them so we’ll see what he says.  I found a couple different ways to get a hold of him but I want to give him at least a day or two to respond to an email before I start stalking him on his Facebook or phone calls LOL.  

Those are not my guns and not my picture FYI
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m one step closer. Pretty excited to get the receiver. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#16]
In my dive down the rabbit hole for VZ61 solid stocks, I have found someone making the original style Collett adapter that allows a silencer to slide over an original an threaded barrel and lock behind the little ring/raised area on the original style barrel.  The original VZ61 had a silencer issued to some units that attached in this way, it’s the reason why that ring on the barrel exists.  Unfortunately the thread pattern that you can currently purchase these adapters in is M26x1.5inch, which I guess works with some European silencers but doesn’t really help us in the USA.  

The manufacturer is willing to do a run of these adapters in a different thread pattern.  I was thinking people would be most interested in using this adapter on a form one can.  

What thread pitch is should I recommend it to the manufacture and what kind of interest would people have?  Basically this collett adapter would screw directly into the suppressor, in place of a fixed barrel threaded mount.  Also, please post if you would be interested in one.  I think the current one is about $50 without shipping to the USA, I don’t know if this special batch would be more expensive due to lower production.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
In my dive down the rabbit hole for VZ61 solid stocks, I have found someone making the original style Collett adapter that allows a silencer to slide over an original an threaded barrel and lock behind the little ring/raised area on the original style barrel.  The original VZ61 had a silencer issued to some units that attached in this way, it’s the reason why that ring on the barrel exists.  Unfortunately the thread pattern that you can currently purchase these adapters in is M26x1.5inch, which I guess works with some European silencers but doesn’t really help us in the USA.  

The manufacturer is willing to do a run of these adapters in a different thread pattern.  I was thinking people would be most interested in using this adapter on a form one can.  

What thread pitch is should I recommend it to the manufacture and what kind of interest would people have?  Basically this collett adapter would screw directly into the suppressor, in place of a fixed barrel threaded mount.  Also, please post if you would be interested in one.  I think the current one is about $50 without shipping to the USA, I don’t know if this special batch would be more expensive due to lower production.
View Quote

Interesting. I would think Silencerco/Rugged/Griffin's 1.125 x 28 would be a popular choice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Another FYI just in case someone in this group was looking on gunbroker. There is a VZ61 in 9mm Makarov listed that has cloth or tape tied around the grip with the auction starting at 640 in a buy it now for 680. That is a scam being run by some guy out of Nigeria. Do not purchase it
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#19]
I can't get over how good the wood stock looks on the Vz61. A side folding version would be really slick. I'm going to grab a stock and start thinking about ways to mount it up while seeing if the adapter plays out as well.

ETA: The Vz58 side folding stock looks like a decent candidate too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Don’t think my barrel will accept one. But would probably be interested.

One thing I have learned about the NFA world is too buy stuff when you see it. As it has a very high possibility of never being available again. Lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Also link to the big brother 9mm VZ61 being fired.

Link to IG
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]

One thing I have learned about the NFA world is too buy stuff when you see it. As it has a very high possibility of never being available again. Lol
View Quote

Amen to that. Pretty much goes for any gun stuff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#23]

View All Quotes

If you have a threaded barrel then it probably will not fit because those don’t have the ring since those are new manufactured barrels.  If you have an non-threaded barrel, It likely would work. I have circled the raised ring that it clamps down onto.
Attachment Attached File

Here is the existing adapter, sent to me from the manufacturer. Obviously the threads are for their own European suppressor so they would need to be a different thread pattern but it should give you an idea.  It’s also interesting because in real life, the adapter would be butted right up against the trunnion where the barrel goes in from the front of the gun. Just goes to show how much of the barrel actually exists inside the upper receiver.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#24]

If you have a threaded barrel then it probably will not fit because those don’t have the ring since those are new manufactured barrels.  If you have an non-threaded barrel, It likely would work. I have circled the raised ring that it clamps down onto.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/C3B85372-6678-4D51-A0BC-1741C30AB109_jpe-2112876.JPG

Here is the existing adapter, sent to me from the manufacturer. Obviously the threads are for their own European suppressor so they would need to be a different thread pattern but it should give you an idea.  It’s also interesting because in real life, the adapter would be butted right up against the trunnion where the barrel goes in from the front of the gun. Just goes to show how much of the barrel actually exists inside the upper receiver.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/1E1132FD-396B-4DC0-9D55-99D2EA4FA607_jpe-2112878.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/0572E666-4208-4FB6-8D69-A0325E4BCFC8_jpe-2112879.JPG

View Quote

I checked my upper and it does have the collar.

As far as thread pitch on the adapter I guess it should be the standard pitch that everyone is going to now. Think it’s 1-3/8”-24.

Only thing is with that much barrel going up into the can may not allow for all that many compatible suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#25]

As far as thread pitch on the adapter I guess it should be the standard pitch that everyone is going to now. Think it’s 1-3/8”-24.

Only thing is with that much barrel going up into the can may not allow for all that many compatible suppressors.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/C3B85372-6678-4D51-A0BC-1741C30AB109_jpe-2112876.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/1E1132FD-396B-4DC0-9D55-99D2EA4FA607_jpe-2112878.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/0572E666-4208-4FB6-8D69-A0325E4BCFC8_jpe-2112879.JPG

Yeah I noticed how far it went in there as well. Even though it may not work in all cans that might be something that somebody would want to build a form 1 can for this, in order to make sure they have a big blast chamber.  Form one was my first thought but it would be good if people could use their existing cans as well
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Good pictures. I have a threaded barrel version and am 99% sure I don't have the ring on mine but I'll have to check to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Anyone know where to get cocking handle knobs like the top one?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#28]
Originally Posted By CAC001:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAC001:

I think that was the cocking knobs they designed for the 9mm Luger version that was never made commercially.  However I just did some searching it looks like one company makes them. It’s not listed for sale but it is listed for a “pre-order“.  I sent a message to the actual manufacturer to see if there are any available or if they were planning on making more.  Appears that maybe they make these in batches so you just have to wait until the next one comes out.https://www.zbraneliberec.cz/en/acccessories/cz-weapons/perun-arms-extended-fingerbords-sa-vz-61
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Yeah I noticed how far it went in there as well. Even though it may not work in all cans that might be something that somebody would want to build a form 1 can for this, in order to make sure they have a big blast chamber.  Form one was my first thought but it would be good if people could use their existing cans as well
View Quote

Is that the common thread for the D-Cell Form-1 Can (solvent trap) kits?  I'd Form-1 a supressor as a host for my CZ - That would work great if so.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I'd be in
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 2:57:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#31]
My VZ61 made the cut on the most recent anvil YT video.

[youtube]mLZeoTnFzOM?t=641[/youtube]
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Any update on the collar or fixed stock adapter?

I got to thinking, even if you were able to bring the collar into the country with the Euro pitch it maynot be a deal breaker. With the barrel being so long a custom sleeve could be made to interface with whatever suppressor rear-end thread one desires.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Is that the common thread for the D-Cell Form-1 Can (solvent trap) kits?  I'd Form-1 a supressor as a host for my CZ - That would work great if so.
View All Quotes

I don’t know if it’s the most common for form one cans in that size but 1.375x24tpi is becoming one of the main industry standard threading‘s for commercially produced cans of that diameter.  And I know there’s at least a couple solvent trap/form one suppliers that sell tubes threaded in that pattern.  The manufacturer is on vacation at the moment but should get back to me next week.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 3:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#34]

I got to thinking, even if you were able to bring the collar into the country with the Euro pitch it maynot be a deal breaker. With the barrel being so long a custom sleeve could be made to interface with whatever suppressor rear-end thread one desires.
View All Quotes

No update on the fixed stock yet.

On thead adapters, that was my thought as well. It would be nice to have a run of these done in a USA suppressor threading.  Worse comes to worse we all can always just get them in that metric and have somebody turn some adapters.  The more interest we have in this the more likely I can get them to do a run of this other thread pattern. I told them for sure 10 to 20 could easily be sold and likely the number would be way more.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Just picked this up. Can’t wait to put it together. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#36]

I'd give about anything for a few of those steel Vz.82 9x18mm mags. I really don't like the polymer mags and I've already chipped/broken a few in Montana winters.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Did anyone ever make a metal semi safety selector?  Not sure how this plastic one will hold up. Especially in the cold.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 6:06:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#38]
Originally Posted By Rosta97:
Did anyone ever make a metal semi safety selector?  Not sure how this plastic one will hold up. Especially in the cold.
View Quote

Not that I’m aware of.  As popularity increases there may be a market for a variety of items.  Metal selectors, adapter for fixed VZ58 stock, etc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#39]

I don’t know if it’s the most common for form one cans in that size but 1.375x24tpi is becoming one of the main industry standard threading‘s for commercially produced cans of that diameter.  And I know there’s at least a couple solvent trap/form one suppliers that sell tubes threaded in that pattern.  The manufacturer is on vacation at the moment but should get back to me next week.
View Quote

From some research it looks like there are solvent trap tubes in this thread pattern.  Might be the best option - Could probably FORM-1 a can and for a 32 acp should last a long time - I'd plan on making the bore oversize by a bit as I wouldn't think the outside diameter is concentric to the bore.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Rosta97:
View Quote

Only on a one-off basis. I think I've made three total over fifteen years.

For what it's worth I've never had the factory glass filled polymer selectors break - even in Montana winters. If -40°F won't do it then I figure they're not all that cold sensitive. Nothing like the translucent polymer mags for 9x18 and .380. Those break with little encouragement once below zero.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#41]
I’m putting together a write up some of the new items/vendors I have found through a whole bunch of searching via Czech search engines and using Google translate.  It’s going to take a little bit but I hopefully will have it posted tonight or tomorrow night. In the meantime I was able to make contact with the person that had designed the adapter allowing you to use the two threaded holes on the back of Czechpoint VZ61 receivers/guns and be able to attach either a solid VZ58 stock or a VZ58 folding stock.  Evidently Covid screwed with his production run so it never happened but he’s looking into doing one now since I told him that the interest exists. I told him he shouldn’t have any problem selling them.  Because it’s a custom item he’s going to have to sub it out and at least an initial production numbers are going to be fairly low, it’s not going to be super cheap but likely not too much more than the dovetail adapter that Czechpoint already sells for the wire stocks.  Here are some pictures he sent me of the prototype that he had already made and I think I might’ve posted earlier on this thread.

For those that are interested and haven’t already indicated it on here or sent me a message, let me know. Here are some pictures to show you what the item is going to look like, except it will likely be painted or coated in someway.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:11:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#42]
I’m putting together a write up some of the new items/vendors I have found through a whole bunch of searching via Czech search engines and using Google translate.  It’s going to take a little bit but I hopefully will have it posted tonight or tomorrow night. In the meantime I was able to make contact with the person that had designed the adapter allowing you to use the two threaded holes on the back of Czechpoint VZ61 receivers/guns and be able to attach either a solid VZ58 stock or a VZ58 folding stock.  Evidently Covid screwed with his production run so it never happened but he’s looking into doing one now since I told him that the interest exists. I told him he shouldn’t have any problem selling them.  Because it’s a custom item he’s going to have to sub it out and at least an initial production numbers are going to be fairly low, it’s not going to be super cheap but likely not too much more than the dovetail adapter that Czechpoint already sells for the wire stocks.  Here are some pictures he sent me of the prototype that he had already made and I think I might’ve posted earlier on this thread.

For those that are interested and haven’t already indicated it on here or sent me a message, let me know. Here are some pictures to show you what the item is going to look like, except it will likely be painted or coated in someway.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/060E5276-FFAC-4556-A7CC-88AD3217DE77_jpe-2129464.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/8249263F-F58B-4981-8C4E-F4B2CA95CB50_jpe-2129467.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/DCC5DA9B-9B14-4624-929E-A58308DD2A7D_jpe-2129468.JPG
View Quote

I'm all in. I had my VZ58 stock delivered this week.

And thank you for spearheading the effort!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#43]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/060E5276-FFAC-4556-A7CC-88AD3217DE77_jpe-2129464.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/8249263F-F58B-4981-8C4E-F4B2CA95CB50_jpe-2129467.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/DCC5DA9B-9B14-4624-929E-A58308DD2A7D_jpe-2129468.JPG
View Quote

I’m in for 2 if not a few more.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m definitely in for one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#45]
+7 magazine extensions. No experience with these.

https://zahal.org/product/base-pad-7-rounds-for-vz-61-scorpion-magazine/
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By spunk:

View Quote

Expensive and clunky looking. I might still try one just to see.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:08:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By spunk:

I'm still debating trying to tig weld 2 mags together to make an extendo.

Don't really want to trash 2 mags if it doesn't work.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/913254662

Who can guess what is the issue is with the gun being sold in this auction?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Looks fine to me. Unless I’m missing something obvious
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:58:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#50]

View All Quotes

Sold with installed stock adapter and stock, but not sold as an SBR
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top