BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ar671, freaggin awesome!! The Holosun looks good on the Pro. The extended shroud flows with the design of the Pro. Looks great. I’m surprised the Tube was designed shorter than the factory brace. Mine should arrive in a few days.

Do you think the tube can sustain recoil if the lower thin support portion is removed?

Thank for posting the pics. It’s an awesome set-up.
View Quote
Thanks Los, though it was designed a bit shorter, the LOP is a very comfortable 13 1/2" kinda like m16a1 lop.  
I personally wouldn't remove lower support portion...it probably helps support the brace under recoil
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want the Tailhook but being a shorter LOP and me being a lefty...wonders if my cheek will hit the folding mechanism.

I mounted a TLR7 on the bottom rail of the UZI Pro and its perfect...to activate the light...perfect ergos...its a neat little package...

I think I am going to go with Holosun's new 403 100K battery life micro dot in a low mount...
View Quote
Shouldering my pro lefty style, .instantly my nose is hitting the folding mechanism, not good
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That's perfect, thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks Los, though it was designed a bit shorter, the LOP is a very comfortable 13 1/2" kinda like m16a1 lop.  
I personally wouldn't remove lower support portion...it probably helps support the brace under recoil
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ar671, freaggin awesome!! The Holosun looks good on the Pro. The extended shroud flows with the design of the Pro. Looks great. I’m surprised the Tube was designed shorter than the factory brace. Mine should arrive in a few days.

Do you think the tube can sustain recoil if the lower thin support portion is removed?

Thank for posting the pics. It’s an awesome set-up.
Roger that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Really?

I'll have to dig out my Colt SMG mags and give them a try, since I bought these for the Tavor 9mm.

ETA: No, Colt SMG magazines will not even allow inserting into PRO grip: too wide. Just checked...
View Quote
Really, That's odd, because articles I remember reading when it was released said it shared mags with the Tavor 9mm, sorry for the misinformation. I was gonna buy one so I could share mags, I do have a original UZI Tho, seems like it'd be worth the hassle of converting an original micro UZI grip stick to it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Really, That's odd, because articles I remember reading when it was released said it shared mags with the Tavor 9mm, sorry for the misinformation. I was gonna buy one so I could share mags, I do have a original UZI Tho, seems like it'd be worth the hassle of converting an original micro UZI grip stick to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really?

I'll have to dig out my Colt SMG mags and give them a try, since I bought these for the Tavor 9mm.

ETA: No, Colt SMG magazines will not even allow inserting into PRO grip: too wide. Just checked...
When I purchased the Tavor 9mm I thought for sure it would use UZI mags, so I bought 20, and waited for the Tavor to arrive. Nope. Tavor uses Colt SMG mags. So, had to acquire those too.

I had read the PRO took a specific PRO mag due to a different position of the mag cut out latch from original UZI magazines. Thus, I purchased a number of PRO specific mags; one day I will get out the Dremel and adapt the original UZI mags to fit the PRO. Not a major project...
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn! Here I thought I was settled on a Stribog.

So to clarify some things:

1 - to add a tailhook do you just slide off the arm brace and mount the tailhook to the tube?

2 - ANY micro uzi barrel will work? I have suppressors and would want to mount them. I figured I was going to have to get the Pro barrel threaded either for direct thread or mount a tri-lug.

3 - I'm assuming it suppresses as well as any other small blow back 9mm?

That is all!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn! Here I thought I was settled on a Stribog.

So to clarify some things:

1 - to add a tailhook do you just slide off the arm brace and mount the tailhook to the tube?

2 - ANY micro uzi barrel will work? I have suppressors and would want to mount them. I figured I was going to have to get the Pro barrel threaded either for direct thread or mount a tri-lug.

3 - I'm assuming it suppresses as well as any other small blow back 9mm?

That is all!
View Quote
1-Yes
2-Yes
3-Yes

Welcome to The Club. ;)
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I had my PRO's barrels threaded, then added 3 lug adapters. (Word: make certain to have threaded barrel lug on barrel prior to using Rocksett to attach 3 lug. Barrel nut will not fit over 3 lug. )

PRO suppresses well. I notice little difference in sound levels (DA Ghost M) between HUSH 165 and Speer Lawman 147gr.)
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the trigger improve with use? That's the only real complaint.

Some people complain it's too big for a handgun but too small for a rifle, but as far as I'm concerned it's the exact same purpose and use as the Scorpion/Stribog/MPX and people love them.

If anything I think the Pro size is it's advantage. It's small enough that if I really wanted to I could easily fit it, several mags, and a suppressor in my center console of my truck
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does the trigger improve with use? That's the only real complaint.

Some people complain it's too big for a handgun but too small for a rifle, but as far as I'm concerned it's the exact same purpose and use as the Scorpion/Stribog/MPX and people love them.

If anything I think the Pro size is it's advantage. It's small enough that if I really wanted to I could easily fit it, several mags, and a suppressor in my center console of my truck
View Quote
While the pull weight is higher than normal...the trigger is very workable, smooth with no grit. Kinda of reminds me of my ARX100...

Uzi has a massive advantage in size...hence why I picked it as my PCC this time around.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
For those that are in the market for a 5” threaded barrel, Tactical Inc has plenty in stock for $117 (without thread protector).  I jumped on it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

While the pull weight is higher than normal...the trigger is very workable, smooth with no grit. Kinda of reminds me of my ARX100...

Uzi has a massive advantage in size...hence why I picked it as my PCC this time around.
View Quote
I’d agree with this. It is a heavier pull but acceptable for this platform. I do wish the factory side fold went to the left side. With its left side charging handle, it would result in a slimmer package folded inside a courier/laptop bag. Presently, the charging handle protrudes left and folder right.   Also (selfishly) as a right handed shooter, it would result in a quicker grip.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For those that are in the market for a 5” threaded barrel, Tactical Inc has plenty in stock for $117 (without thread protector).  I jumped on it.
View Quote
RTG ha 5.25" tri-lug that I am going to go for.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

RTG ha 5.25" tri-lug that I am going to go for.
View Quote
Sah-Weet..!
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I wish IWI would offer SBR kits for these.  I want the proper stock and vertical grip.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wish IWI would offer SBR kits for these.  I want the proper stock and vertical grip.
View Quote
The Stock on this Pro is the Cat's Meow..!

Link Posted: 10/11/2019 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone found any real deals on the Pro? Seems the braced model runs about $1100 everywhere I'm seeing.

I found older deals but nothing currently
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I snatched mine from gunprime at $998 with brace...shipped/insured...it was their last one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I snatched mine from gunprime at $998 with brace...shipped/insured...it was their last one.
View Quote
You got a great deal. !
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You got a great deal. !
View Quote
Sure did.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#22]
My LGS checked with their wholesaler and said they have 34 in stock but couldn’t go lower than $1149 plus tax. The big gun show comes to town in 2 weeks and I’m hoping to score one for less.

A man can dream, right.? :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm actually ok with $1100.

Only thing that beats it is the Stribog, and I might get one of those eventually simply because of the price.

Certainly beats anything from B&T. Once you buy a scorpion and are done buying parts/modifying you're not far from the Uzi, which is more unique and compact package.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm actually ok with $1100.

Only thing that beats it is the Stribog, and I might get one of those eventually simply because of the price.

Certainly beats anything from B&T. Once you buy a scorpion and are done buying parts/modifying you're not far from the Uzi, which is more unique and compact package.
View Quote
Hell,  I’m okay with $1149 plus tax. If I don’t find a deal at the gun show I’ll drive straight to the LGS and beg them to take my money. lol.

It’s pretty incredible that you don’t ever see these on EE. You see Stribogs, B&Ts and Scorpions every week.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Stribog is a heck of a value.

However an UZI is an UZI...I picked the Uzi Pro because it is so compact, tanky and simple.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stribog is a heck of a value.

However an UZI is an UZI...I picked the Uzi Pro because it is so compact, tanky and simple.
View Quote
I definitely agree. I’m surprised no one makes a folding charge handle, like the ones that are available for the FAL. I guess the proven KISS design of the UZI [Pro] is what makes it so desirable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I definitely agree. I’m surprised no one makes a folding charge handle, like the ones that are available for the FAL. I guess the proven KISS design of the UZI [Pro] is what makes it so desirable.
View Quote
I don’t think IWI sells too much of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don’t think IWI sells too much of them.
View Quote
That is music to my ears. :)
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah but aftermarket doesn't catch on much if it is not mainstream...
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Now this is a Proper Stock.  The Title II wire stock conversion came in but I couldn’t install it without the hinge from an IWI Brace.  Luckily I found probably the only one available in the US.  The extra cost of the brace was worth it as this wire stock is rock solid, just the right length, and bent at the perfect angle.  It is also rubber coated for extra comfort.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Congrats. Your Pro is really easy on the eyes!

The stock just belongs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Parts fit perfect, Tailhook host is 3/4" shorter than the original.  Gradual rise on the host is perfect for using irons, with the holosun(temporarily using) more of a jaw weld.  The one piece forend is much more comfortable to hold... but should be cautious because your thumb will be dangling around and hopefully not Taike a right turn.  Will be installing a thumb rest on the rail(to be safe).

https://i.ibb.co/JyYD6FL/image.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Lk37ZkR/image.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jvgf8tP/image.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/BVxm5mt/image.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/0tsD7Xw/image.jpg
View Quote
So with the brace folded you can’t reach the trigger it looks like? So you can only shoot it with the brace extended? Why would they make it short like that I wanted to get that setup but want to be able to shoot with the brace folded or unfolded. Am I seeing it wrong or can you still shoot with the brace folded? Thanks if you can shoot with it folded I will get one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now this is a Proper Stock.  The Title II wire stock conversion came in but I couldn’t install it without the hinge from an IWI Brace.  Luckily I found probably the only one available in the US.  The extra cost of the brace was worth it as this wire stock is rock solid, just the right length, and bent at the perfect angle.  It is also rubber coated for extra comfort.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/1FF20432-5E93-48D3-BB32-998A6E00D634_jpeg-1121937.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/D6577846-D0B5-4085-AD23-70134660C40A_jpeg-1121936.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/E7A25178-E651-4A22-BC9D-B20DCFB69424_jpeg-1121935.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/7164C4F5-D7BF-4788-95FF-36AA2A23481E_jpeg-1121934.JPG
View Quote
I wish they made that for the tail hook brace that’s exactly what I am holding out for
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wish they made that for the tail hook brace that’s exactly what I am holding out for
View Quote
I have a buddy that has a printer and I had him take a look at it.  He says that the adapter is very doable assuming the butt stock is pinned to the arm and not welded.

The only possible legal block would be with LOP.

@ MadDogDan. Your thoughts??
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a buddy that has a printer and I had him take a look at it.  He says that the adapter is very doable assuming the butt stock is pinned to the arm and not welded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In for the answers the UZI pro is very under appreciated it’s the perfect vehicle gun for me fits great in my center console a tail hook brace set up like you have would be perfection thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
The butt pad is press-fit onto the arm and then drilled and held in place by two roll pins.  I will measure the arm length from front of hinge to the back of butt pad this evening.  I will also try and gage the diameter of the roll pins.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The butt pad is press-fit onto the arm and then drilled and held in place by two roll pins.  I will measure the arm length from front of hinge to the back of butt pad this evening.  I will also try and gage the diameter of the roll pins.
View Quote
Excellent. While you’re at it, please measure the distance from curvature of trigger pad to the end of butt pad.

Enjoy your day..!
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Should have made a Mini Pro.  Nobody wanted the Micro back in the 80s and apparently not many people want them now as I hardly see them mentioned on this site.  
View Quote
Judging by the prices of transferables, I'd say there is a decent demand for them.  Micro's go for upward of $19K.  Mini's go for $15K to $17K.

Uzi Pro mags can be used in legacy Uzi's, they have the appropriate mag catches and the body dimensions are the same...maybe helpful if you already have an Uzi, and you buy a Pro.

The thing that sucks about the newer stock options is how thick they are... some of them nearly double the width of the gun with the stock folded.  The mini/micro style stock really doesn't add much thickness when it's folded.

Pic of a Pro with a micro lower:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#39]
That's pretty cool. I had no idea the upper/lower were interchangeable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So with the brace folded you can’t reach the trigger it looks like? So you can only shoot it with the brace extended? Why would they make it short like that I wanted to get that setup but want to be able to shoot with the brace folded or unfolded. Am I seeing it wrong or can you still shoot with the brace folded? Thanks if you can shoot with it folded I will get one.
View Quote
Folded I can barely slide my finger to actually shoot it, but not worth it.  I Suggest another type of host.  I personally hate shooting the pro with it folded anyway.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Judging by the prices of transferables, I'd say there is a decent demand for them.  Micro's go for upward of $19K.  Mini's go for $15K to $17K.

Uzi Pro mags can be used in legacy Uzi's, they have the appropriate mag catches and the body dimensions are the same...maybe helpful if you already have an Uzi, and you buy a Pro.

The thing that sucks about the newer stock options is how thick they are... some of them nearly double the width of the gun with the stock folded.  The mini/micro style stock really doesn't add much thickness when it's folded.

Pic of a Pro with a micro lower:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6794/UzPistol2_jpg-1122829.JPG
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#42]
“The Shortest Of My Shorties”. I have quite a few more but those are a little longer and are more SBR than they are PDW’s.  My UZI Pro is up there with the best of them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's pretty cool. I had no idea the upper/lower were interchangeable.
View Quote
I understand it takes some 'massaging'.  Not sure what is involved, pic from the interwebs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 2:07:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Had a buggered up barrel extension lying around, which actually slips over the Uzi barrel.  This will act as a barrel shroud/extension, no more worrying about my thumb creepin in front of the very short original barrel.  Had a friend cut n weld the extension on the original barrel nut

Before

After

Link Posted: 10/20/2019 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow. Your pistol looks Bad- Azz!!  The barrel nut/ extended barrel shroud came out Great.

Btw, All of my accessories are in. Trij Reflex optic, threaded barrel, light and GHW tailhook arm. I already had the GHW tailhook mod1 brace. Just need to get the Pro... :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow. Your pistol looks Bad- Azz!!  The barrel nut/ extended barrel shroud came out Great.

Btw, All of my accessories are in. Trij Reflex optic, threaded barrel, light and GHW tailhook arm. I already had the GHW tailhook mod1 brace. Just need to get the Pro... :)
View Quote
Thanks, friend does awesome work...great welder.

Awesome...would like to see the outcome of your pro
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
“The Shortest Of My Shorties”. I have quite a few more but those are a little longer and are more SBR than they are PDW’s.  My UZI Pro is up there with the best of them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/51339E3F-2590-448D-B559-C562867FFEE1_jpeg-1123849.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/697D2370-A362-428E-8190-99856A0F8867_jpeg-1123848.JPG
View Quote
This post is kind of making me want one now. Really wish they'd make that Glock mag lower.

Nice collection.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This post is kind of making me want one now. Really wish they'd make that Glock mag lower.

Nice collection.
View Quote
Glock mags in a Uzi?

Why...one it would make it ugly as sin...two...the UZI pro mags are cheap and robust...

I am a Glock fan...but not everything need to revolve around them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

...the UZI pro mags are cheap and robust...
View Quote
I've not handled one yet but I understand they're built like a tank!
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've not handled one yet but I understand they're built like a tank!
View Quote
You can use them as hammers...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top