Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Steel Lipped Stribog Magazines

The soon to be released SP9A3 "RDB" Stribog along with the improved magazine design is keeping me wanting more. The aftermarket already has a great footprint and Grand Power actually listens to what consumers want and also fixes shit that isn't working very fast.

For $800 I seriously think anyone would be hard pressed to find a better gun, and we've all spent more than the Stribog costs only to receive so much less. With the Stribog you get way more gun than the $800 you pay and no matter how you slice it and that's a fact!

Yes, you could stay loyal to American manufacturing or go fancy with fine European offerings, but plain and simple you will pay more, most of the time way more for a little more in function and beauty but you will get that name.

In conclusion the reason to choose a Stribog now isn't to become a fanboy It's to save $800 because your gonna want it eventually and Grand Power will eventually pull their head out of their asses and start charging what American and European companies do for the same or less quality.
View Quote
PSA's JAKL is going to be $7-800 in .300blk with a long stroke piston setup. If they go 9mm with a straight blowback I can't imagine it costing more, even with a custom Scorpion mag lower or something. This seems unlikely to be a case of a high dollar American PDW like the LWRC45 that was mentioned, even if that thing looks freakin' sweet.

That's why I said the 9mm JAKL would likely match up the best with the current Stribog, and as long as things were to equal out then the American company is most likely to get MY business. Like it or not, American made will be important at some level for many buyers. Obviously, if the Stribog continues to be a better value in this segment then it'll continue to see success.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The LWRC looks bad ass but it’s sooo expensive.  One of the really attractive (to me anyway) things about the scorpion and stribog is the low price of admission. It’s tougher for me to pull the trigger on a $1500 to $2000 dollar gun. I’d rather start out at the $700 to $1000 mark and upgrade it as I see fit.  After SBRing my scorpion and all the upgrades needed to make it usable I’ve probably got $1500 in it. I was able to shoot it and get a feel for what mods it needed or I wanted. All that said, if I had unlimited funds I’d definitely get that lwrc. Lol
View Quote
The subgun revival took off with the CZ precisely because it was half the price of the scant competition.  It stayed aloft because it was also a good gun.  Same reason I see the Stribog as becoming a significant player.  Between Grand Power & PSA, B&T is being put on notice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The subgun revival took off with the CZ precisely because it was half the price of the scant competition.  It stayed aloft because it was also a good gun.  Same reason I see the Stribog as becoming a significant player.  Between Grand Power & PSA, B&T is being put on notice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The LWRC looks bad ass but it’s sooo expensive.  One of the really attractive (to me anyway) things about the scorpion and stribog is the low price of admission. It’s tougher for me to pull the trigger on a $1500 to $2000 dollar gun. I’d rather start out at the $700 to $1000 mark and upgrade it as I see fit.  After SBRing my scorpion and all the upgrades needed to make it usable I’ve probably got $1500 in it. I was able to shoot it and get a feel for what mods it needed or I wanted. All that said, if I had unlimited funds I’d definitely get that lwrc. Lol
In some regards I think you’re right but there are always going to be the guys that buy the really expensive option because of the perceived belief of quality. I’m not shitting on the B&Ts here, I’m sure they’re great guns but it’s just like the high end AR market. I harp on this all the time. In a day and age where you can get an AR for around 500 bucks people will happily shell out 2 grand on one. There will always be that guy that says the really expensive one is better because of reasons.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In some regards I think you’re right but there are always going to be the guys that buy the really expensive option because of the perceived belief of quality. I’m not shitting on the B&Ts here, I’m sure they’re great guns but it’s just like the high end AR market. I harp on this all the time. In a day and age where you can get an AR for around 500 bucks people will happily shell out 2 grand on one. There will always be that guy that says the really expensive one is better because of reasons.
View Quote
Likewise you will have that guy that says the really inexpensive one is just as good because of reasons.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Likewise you will have that guy that says the really inexpensive one is just as good because of reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true. That guy is usually me lol. But look at the scorpion for example. It’s been out for long enough now that if there were design flaws or function issues we’d know about them. The things that we do know about like the safety being in a crappy spot and the trigger sucking are easy to fix and the scorpion is about half the price of a ghm9. The GHM9 is just a blowback 9mm pistol. There is no possible way that it’s TWICE as good as a scorpion or stribog. Is it better out of the box? Probably so. But I shoot probably 3 mags a week through my scorpion and it runs like a top. It’s accurate and I can’t remember the last failure I had with it. Those are pretty good reasons there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, of course; but those guys don't budge the market.  How long was B&T making 1500$ subguns before the Evo came out, with 2000$ HKs being the only alternative (or Bailey guns )?  I remember when the Evo came out, there was a resounding "OMG IT's 1/2 THE PRICE OF ANY OTHER 9MM SUBGUN OMG!" across the intertubes.  Hell, IIRC, 9mm was still somewhat in 'disfavored' status until the combination of the Evo and 9mm ARs finally coming down in price (largely due to Evo competition IMO) rekindled everyone's love for the round.  Obviously the Banic of 2013 making 5.56 stuff stupid expensive also had something to do with the demand for alternatives, but the downward price pressure of the Evo is what really kicked things off.

BTW, I was trying to verify my timeline recollection via Wikipedia...how the fuck does the Evo only have a one paragraph article?  It's like the most popular subgun in production today.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh, of course; but those guys don't budge the market.  How long was B&T making 1500$ subguns before the Evo came out, with 2000$ HKs being the only alternative (or Bailey guns )?  I remember when the Evo came out, there was a resounding "OMG IT's 1/2 THE PRICE OF ANY OTHER 9MM SUBGUN OMG!" across the intertubes.  Hell, IIRC, 9mm was still somewhat in 'disfavored' status until the combination of the Evo and 9mm ARs finally coming down in price (largely due to Evo competition IMO) rekindled everyone's love for the round.  Obviously the Banic of 2013 making 5.56 stuff stupid expensive also had something to do with the demand for alternatives, but the downward price pressure of the Evo is what really kicked things off.

BTW, I was trying to verify my timeline recollection via Wikipedia...how the fuck does the Evo only have a one paragraph article?  It's like the most popular subgun in production today.
View Quote
It’s still pretty new. Especially in the US.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...B&T making 1500$ subguns before the Evo came out, with 2000$ HKs being the only alternative
View Quote
*cries in Cx4 Storm
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not hating here, I think the stribog is a cool gun but what can you do to it aftermarket wise?  Can’t swap the grip right? Can’t swap the rail. Are there aftermarket triggers for it? The rest is pretty much just bolt on shit that works for every other gun out there. That’s my only real gripe with it and what has kept me from picking one up. There’s nothing you can really do to it.
View Quote
Don't need to swap things to pull the trigger. Do you replace everything on an AK the moment you get it? How about a Glock?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top