What was wrong with it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got to touch one. It was inop out of the box

Besides not working, the fit and finish was great

Wonder how long it will take them to fix it, and how it left the factory in the first place
What was wrong with it?
Could only charge it if it was pointed  straight up. Not in any other position.

Maybe not a flaw, but a feature?
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wrong on my previous post on cost.  We just got our first shipment of these headed our way (I work for a LWRC distributor that just sells to dealers) with real numbers on the invoice.  Dealer price is significantly higher than what I previously posted.  My guess is street price will be close to $3K at first and settle down around $2800.  There is also some talk that they don't plan on making very many of them at all.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Met two of their employees while they were out getting shitfaced in Texas some years back. Doesn't surprise me that they're still working on it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
One on Gunbroker  now with buy now price a little north of 2900, my limit is 1900 when I used to have money, now that I'm broke it's white whale.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One on Gunbroker  now with buy now price a little north of 2900, my limit is 1900 when I used to have money, now that I'm broke it's white whale.
View Quote
Can’t find it,  wonder it already sold.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can’t find it,  wonder it already sold.
View Quote
Guess someone had to be the first one on the block.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Now one is listed “stock photo” 3499 buy it now.... no thanks....
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now one is listed “stock photo” 3499 buy it now.... no thanks....
View Quote
And to no surprise it is still available....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/821478188
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Okay, that’s good to hear. I always thought that by the time guns hit venders the price is always cheaper than what the manufacturer states. So when everyone was freaking about the price I was thinking to myself that this isn’t anything new. I’ll probably be picking up the smg45 sometime next year but I have to agree with the others that the protype looked much better.

Random question. I’ve got a Sp5k too. How do the think the recoil it compares to the apc9 pro?
View Quote
The sp5k has a softer recoil.  I haven't found anything that matches the roller delay systems. The apc9pro is still pretty soft compared to ar9s a and scorpions and such. If I had to go to battle I'd take the pro with me because of its ergonomics, it's a good tradeoff
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was wrong on my previous post on cost.  We just got our first shipment of these headed our way (I work for a LWRC distributor that just sells to dealers) with real numbers on the invoice.  Dealer price is significantly higher than what I previously posted.  My guess is street price will be close to $3K at first and settle down around $2800.  There is also some talk that they don't plan on making very many of them at all.
View Quote
When do you think these are going to be shipped to the dealers? They seemed to be priced way beyond even the heavy hitters overall like the B&Ts and SCAR 17, H&K 556 types.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When do you think these are going to be shipped to the dealers? They seemed to be priced way beyond even the heavy hitters overall like the B&Ts and SCAR 17, H&K 556 types.
View Quote
We shipped our first batch out to dealers on 7/15/19.  I handled one, I was impressed.  I will probably buy one once the hype has died down a bit and they are no longer allocated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
dealer cost is under 2400. wish they wouldn't mark stuff up so much
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#13]
3 now on Gunbroker.  Two at 2999 BIN and the last at 3599...

Cool to see actual photos.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
dealer cost is under 2400. wish they wouldn't mark stuff up so much
View Quote
Your information is incorrect, dealer price is significantly higher than $2400.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
3 now on Gunbroker.  Two at 2999 BIN and the last at 3599...

Cool to see actual photos.
View Quote
Two sold noting that the one for $3,599 sold before the remaining one listed at $2,999.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:40:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I shot one today.  Now I have to buy one.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I shot one today.  Now I have to buy one.  
View Quote
Is it as smooth as they claim?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Your information is incorrect, dealer price is significantly higher than $2400.
View Quote
actually its 2,329.44 to be correct

sorry to pop your bubble, you got shafted
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you buy one for $2329.44 or are you seeing a distributor post a price that doesn't have them?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I work part time at a very large gun store with significant online presence and even we aren't getting them for nearly that cheap.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually I work for a LWRC distributor and I know what price distributors that actually have them actually sell them for.  One of the reasons this gun got delayed was several distributors listed prices lower than dealer price long before they knew what it really was.  Good for you if you got one as a FFL holder for $2329.44 but my guess is that you did not.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Can some one help me get one for a better price? I’m poor with kids.... seriously....
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actually I work for a LWRC distributor and I know what price distributors that actually have them actually sell them for.  One of the reasons this gun got delayed was several distributors listed prices lower than dealer price long before they knew what it really was.  Good for you if you got one as a FFL holder for $2329.44 but my guess is that you did not.
View Quote
All I did was say what cost is. but you got butt hurt.

If they come into stock at rsr that's what we pay.  I don't expect them anytime soon as lwrc has the same style marketing keltec has , hype it up and do a limited release
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All I did was say what cost is. but you got butt hurt.
If they come into stock at rsr that's what we pay.  I don't expect them anytime soon as lwrc has the same style marketing keltec has , hype it up and do a limited release
View Quote
Have you placed an order and the funds actually transferred?
If not, that price is likely subject to change when they actually show up in stock.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder who will be first?! Come on 13’er your out there with the cash doooo’et!
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#26]
its a point of reference so people know. and that's the price for us if it ever becomes a stocking item or our rep holds one for us.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
its a point of reference so people know. and that's the price for us if it ever becomes a stocking item or our rep holds one for us.
View Quote
So no then...
I think I'll take the word of someone who's actually placed orders on real items...
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:26:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Is it as smooth as they claim?
View Quote
Yes crazy smooth action.  Feels like shooting a 9mm MP5 with maybe a slightly larger push.  Double taps on a pie plate sized steel at 15 yards was easy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes crazy smooth action.  Feels like shooting a 9mm MP5 with maybe a slightly larger push.  Double taps on a pie plate sized steel at 15 yards was easy.
View Quote
I've done that will a full mag on FA with a suppressed Kriss post sample
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#30]
guys i have already paid for mine back in may at my local gun store, im just waiting for it to still arrive, it was 2699+tax, i know he probably marked it up alot so im assuming the store itself is paying around 2400$ for it.
im just throwing the facts on the cash i layed down for one- total price was 2923.83$ with tax.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
guys i have already paid for mine back in may at my local gun store, im just waiting for it to still arrive, it was 2699+tax, i know he probably marked it up alot so im assuming the store itself is paying around 2400$ for it.
im just throwing the facts on the cash i layed down for one- total price was 2923.83$ with tax.
View Quote
You should SBR it, and send in a copy of that receipt instead of a $200 check
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've done that will a full mag on FA with a suppressed Kriss post sample
View Quote
I've shot the KRISS on FA as well too.  The action is way more violent on the KRISS.  The LWRC is just butter smooth.  I'm sure if it was a postie LWRC it could easily do the same.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#33]
So is this actually delayed blowback? Are there any details on its operating system?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So is this actually delayed blowback? Are there any details on its operating system?
View Quote
Barrel and bolt are locked together with a tapered yolk until the barrel travels rearward enough for it to disengage.
It's been covered here.
Apparently the arbitrary tension on one set screw can be the difference between binding, running, or running with poor accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've shot the KRISS on FA as well too.  The action is way more violent on the KRISS.  The LWRC is just butter smooth.  I'm sure if it was a postie LWRC it could easily do the same.
View Quote
Sweet.
Build one in 10mm and I'd be more tempted
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sweet.
Build one in 10mm and I'd be more tempted
View Quote
Who's to say they aren't
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Who's to say they aren't
View Quote
2025 here we come
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I just picked mine up 2 hours ago!  Ill post a pic here in a bit, it feels extremely solid, And I mean extremely solid. The tolerance is extremely tight, no play or mag movement at all, absolutely zero upper/lower play, the finish is solid,  This is by far the tightest pdw I own now...  You can spend 2-3k on a gun and not have it feel so good in the hands. I was absolutely tickled, and I hardly get excited over new guns anymore lol. If it shoots as good as it feels then lwrci really did something great..
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Once bitten, twice shy.  I'll wait until someone actually sees one in a shop for sale before I believe they are actually out there.  It is unfortunate how some otherwise really excellent companies are willing to spend their credibility and the reputation of their word by getting over anxious.  I would much rather they simply say, "We have a prototype, but are working on securing financial investors so we can buy the machinery to produce these at a reasonable cost.  Until we secure financing, we can't move forward."
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Once bitten, twice shy.  I'll wait until someone actually sees one in a shop for sale before I believe they are actually out there.  It is unfortunate how some otherwise really excellent companies are willing to spend their credibility and the reputation of their word by getting over anxious.  I would much rather they simply say, "We have a prototype, but are working on securing financial investors so we can buy the machinery to produce these at a reasonable cost.  Until we secure financing, we can't move forward."
View Quote
Why don't you look at the post directly above yours.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#41]
here it is!. just so you know my dealer said only 10 were distributed along my state at 3 others- they got 5 of the 10, so they are very scarce. if the serial number matches the production number then mine is 154th off of the production line.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The sp5k has a softer recoil.  I haven't found anything that matches the roller delay systems. The apc9pro is still pretty soft compared to ar9s a and scorpions and such. If I had to go to battle I'd take the pro with me because of its ergonomics, it's a good tradeoff
View Quote
Agreed! Felt recoil wise, I haven't yet come across anything that matches the MP5s (different versions) or any of its true 100% clones. Guess, as far as 9mm goes, roller delayed system has yet to beaten or bested (and that includes not considering the different platforms - AR vs PDW;  the CMMG Banshee with its radial delayed blowback, its nice and way better than straight blowback but not MP5 roller delayed nice).

Now, before we open a can of worms, that opinion is subjective and only applies to the recoil. Not the build quality or overall general superiority of the firearms. When its comes to build quality guess B&T is the Rolls Royce of them all. I have the GHM9 and the bolt locks back with authority upon the last round exhaustion, though I must agree very overpriced for what it is.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
here it is!. just so you know my dealer said only 10 were distributed along my state at 3 others- they got 5 of the 10, so they are very scarce. if the serial number matches the production number then mine is 154th off of the production line.
https://i.imgur.com/Jqwvc1S.jpg
View Quote
Did you get to shoot it yet? How does it shoot? Felt recoil, accuracy etc? Looks like you are one of the early bird lucky ones. What did they go for anyways? Around the $3.5k mark or a bit less (~$2.5k?). Enjoy in good health.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Jqwvc1S.jpg
View Quote
I have not wanted a gun this badly, maybe ever.  I think it looks awesome.  I can’t wait to see a full review, especially suppressed.   I was quoted 2799, but order won’t be fulfilled until October and they wanted 500 down.  Said they had a list for over 5 on it at the time.

I think this is gonna be a better seller than LWRC forecasted.  I wish they still had an industry forum.

Edit to say looks like a ~8 are on GunBroker right now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Does it use AR grips?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does it use AR grips?
View Quote
Sure looks like it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#47]
I would love to see this gun in 10mm, using the HK MP5 40/10 straight magazines.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Why is LWRC releasing it in limited numbers? Lack of production capacity/production budget or fear that it might not sell well at this price point (around $3k+) if they do a major release? Seems like they are being overly cautious and testing the waters to guage the demand. Surely, they know they overpriced it but then everyone from the B&T to FN, and even CZ with their new Brens are adding a fair margin to their products.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#49]
DSG has at least one in stock for $2699
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
DSG has at least one in stock for $2699
View Quote
It’s much cheaper with military discount from DSG. I’m tempted to buy one although it’s on backorder now.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top