#1 is being provided by Grand Power soon
#2 not sure if anyone is working on this
#3 this is being provided by ILWT
#4 this is being provided by Grand Power
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kpel308:
Colt mags, anyone?  A3 Tactical posted this today on their FB account with the comment, "Hmmm...something's different...":
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/83699258_1324482597738766_14216307261172-1256981.jpg

BTW:  Jaro hit the "LOVE" button on it.
View Quote
OK, now I am interested!

Especially when the SP9A3 comes out. The again, who knows if the lowers will be same.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see aftermarket taking off, and very quickly at that!

Need to see more aftermarket mags, probably the #1 thing that should come out, then new lowers, and other conversion kits, maybe even a roller delay kit, although I have a feeling that won’t ever happen
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I've not been in this thread for about three months.  I don't have a Stribog yet.  What should I know before looking for one now?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Just buy one. I just got mine and am pleased with it.  Once the aftermarket picks up it will only get better.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:19:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I see they make 50 round mags for quite a few platforms. How is F5’s reputation for quality/reliability? Aluminum or polymer?

I don’t necessarily like the look of the drum, but 50 rounds, is 50 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quick Question: Form 1 Responsible Person form... manufacturer and/or importer.

Did you use Grand Power or Global Ordnance for this block? or both?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:
Quick Question: Form 1 Responsible Person form... manufacturer and/or importer.

Did you use Grand Power or Global Ordnance for this block? or both?
View Quote
I used this with zero issue:  "GRAND POWER, SLOVAKIA (SLOVAK REPUBLIC)"
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Call Global and confirm. Number posted previously. Not being terse, posting with TV remote.
View Quote
Originally Posted By 60-Driver:

I used this with zero issue:  "GRAND POWER, SLOVAKIA (SLOVAK REPUBLIC)"
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:

Thanks.
View Quote
I used the same
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Late to the game here and I do not own one yet.  Is my understanding that there is a roller delayed version (A3) coming soon?  And if so does anyone know when? Or am I completely missing something here?

@Global-Ordnance
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:
Late to the game here and I do not own one yet.  Is my understanding that there is a roller delayed version (A3) coming soon?  And if so does anyone know when? Or am I completely missing something here?

@Global-Ordnance
View Quote
Still waiting on import paperwork approval, could be soon, could be later, no one really knows...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]
@Global-Ordnance stated on FB in Jaro's magazine thread that they have ordered thousands of these.  Those that have tried them say that they are much better at dropping free during mag changes.

ETA:  The lips are hardened AISI 420SS.

Get your wallets ready, people, they'll be on the way shortly:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/83416305_10205996089097748_8165520625482-1254463.jpg
View Quote
Excellent news! Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
Still waiting on import paperwork approval, could be soon, could be later, no one really knows...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:

@Global-Ordnance
Got it, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Got it, thanks.
View Quote
It was submitted about 9-10 months ago... if I remember right, probably back on page 5, hopefully soonish
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:03:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: O1gagt] [#21]
Colt mags, anyone?  A3 Tactical posted this today on their FB account with the comment, "Hmmm...something's different...":
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/83699258_1324482597738766_14216307261172-1256981.jpg

View Quote
@kpel308
Colt pattern mags would be a nice option, especially those that got in on the PSA metal form mags a few years ago.  If I recall correctly the prototypes used Uzi mags, but Jaro opted to design his own mags to get last round bolt hold open.  I don't have a Stribog yet, but I believe I have seen Uzi mags or possibly colt mags with a sleeve at the top to adapt them for use in Stribog. If this is the case is a new lower really necessary for Colt mags?  Would a magwell insert for the factory lower not be possible?

Since you are friends with Jaro and got him to change over from key-mod to M-lok, can you put a bug in his ear about designing a factory  insert that would allow the use of Colt mags.  Looking at the designs of the Stribog mag and the Colt mag, I am wondering if it could be as simple as forming a  sheet metal insert for the magwell.  Not sure if the insert could be top loaded or if it was bottom loaded possibly a small hole drilled in the front of the magwell and secured with a small button head screw.

While aftermarket is cool, I would love to see more factory accessories from Jaro.

EDIT:  Found the video, looks like Uzi mags with a sleeve.
https://youtu.be/NzQvEJ3Ctgk
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:12:39 AM EDT
[#22]
was putting all the parts together for an ar9, then stumbled across the stribog. instantly purchased one instead. gsa serial number. cant wait
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:02:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#23]
Originally Posted By O1gagt:
@kpel308
Colt pattern mags would be a nice option, especially those that got in on the PSA metal form mags a few years ago.  If I recall correctly the prototypes used Uzi mags, but Jaro opted to design his own mags to get last round bolt hold open.  I don't have a Stribog yet, but I believe I have seen Uzi mags or possibly colt mags with a sleeve at the top to adapt them for use in Stribog. If this is the case is a new lower really necessary for Colt mags?  Would a magwell insert for the factory lower not be possible?

Since you are friends with Jaro and got him to change over from key-mod to M-lok, can you put a bug in his ear about designing a factory  insert that would allow the use of Colt mags.  Looking at the designs of the Stribog mag and the Colt mag, I am wondering if it could be as simple as forming a  sheet metal insert for the magwell.  Not sure if the insert could be top loaded or if it was bottom loaded possibly a small hole drilled in the front of the magwell and secured with a small button head screw.

While aftermarket is cool, I would love to see more factory accessories from Jaro.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By O1gagt:

@kpel308

RE Colt Mags:  A3 Tactical is working on a Colt mag polymer lower.   They recently posted this pic.

BTW: There are no keymod Stribogs stateside.  They are all M-Lok.

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:32:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:12:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: O1gagt] [#25]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

RE Colt Mags:  A3 Tactical is working on a Colt mag polymer lower.   They recently posted this pic.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/YUpoPy.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/YUpoPy.jpg
I am aware that A3 Tactical is working on a polymer lower for Colt mags.  What I am questioning is if a new lower is necessary?  From a modularity standpoint, I would love to see a factory insert produced so that the gun would work with factory mags, but those that have/want to run Colt mags could simply purchase an insert and install it in minutes.

I am also aware there are no keymod guns in the US.  See kpel308's response above.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Can confirm Uzi mags fit in a TP9 with a thin sleeve-type conversion, and we know that Stribog mags are dangerously close to B&T mags.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Any word on the barrel tool?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jonnychimpo:
Any word on the barrel tool?
View Quote
Available from ILWT - https://inleadwetrust.com/product/barrel-removal-wrench-for-grand-stribog-sp9-sp9a1/
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zamo] [#29]
Midwest556, I did almost the same thing. I was looking to get a new SP5 to replace my old Coharie (I have the one that works), and couldn't find "in stock" anywhere. Then I saw the Stribog, bought one, and haven't looked back. I ran another four hundred rounds yesterday, and love it even more. Really impressive value for the price.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know of an aftermarket safety that is not ambi?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it in GP interest to sink $ to develop an insert that takes customers away from their mags? Aftermarket sure but not GP? I'd rather they develop a delayed blow back retrofit kit for current owners. Several others have bought one after seeing mine.

I prefer it over my CZ.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ORBushmasta:
The aftermarket cant get worst. I'd like to see:
1. Metal lipped magazines
2. Folding charging handle
3 shorter barrel option
4. 10mm option
#2 is impossible.  The hole in the bolt/handle shuttle is cylindrical.  The only way to keep it from pin-wheeling every time the thing cycles is to have it engage the charging handle slot...and that will tear the hell out of the charging handle slot the instant the handle is drawn back without being pulled perfectly straight to the rear.  The issue has already been seen in the CZ BREN 805, and is why they totally re-did the charging handle scheme in the BREN II (bascially ripping off the SCAR in this area, lol).  It's why the Stribog and APC guns have cylindrical pins for charging handles.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:30:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#33]
The RAE Industries 10rd Speed loader made specifically for the Stribog is legit. Works amazing.

RAE IND

Amazon Link

My Stepdad just ordered his today direct from GO. Your welcome GO and Thank You for being amazing. Get us some bundled magazine deals, a 3pk/6pk/9pk+1free! Please GO just think about it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ORBushmasta:
Is it in GP interest to sink $ to develop an insert that takes customers away from their mags? Aftermarket sure but not GP? I'd rather they develop a delayed blow back retrofit kit for current owners. Several others have bought one after seeing mine.

I prefer it over my CZ.
View Quote
It really depends on Grand Powers prospective.
If the aftermarket develops an insert/lowers will people still be buying factory mags?  Yes, but not in as high of quantity.  If Grand Power develops factory inserts/lowers for other mag types they are at least making money on the sale of the accessory.  For example:  B&T offers a glock mag lower and the Ruger PC 9 has different mag wells that come with it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Awesome!! must have a been a recent update to the website I missed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone removed their barrel themselves? Is it a complete bear to remove? Using the tool of course.

I can shorten, rethread myself...but wondering if I will struggle and beat up the gun in the process of removal. The inch or so shorter wouldn't be worth it if that is the case. In my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:
Has anyone removed their barrel themselves? Is it a complete bear to remove? Using the tool of course.

I can shorten, rethread myself...but wondering if I will struggle and beat up the gun in the process of removal. The inch or so shorter wouldn't be worth it if that is the case. In my opinion.
View Quote
Some newer stribogs were reportedly so tight they were breaking the ilwt barrel tool. Where the cutoff between old and new is, I'm not sure
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:18:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#38]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Some newer stribogs were reportedly so tight they were breaking the ilwt barrel tool. Where the cutoff between old and new is, I'm not sure
View All Quotes

Hmmmm.....mine is a pretty new one, as far as I know anyway.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

I have a Gen 1 that I was able to remove the barrel pretty easily (barrel nuts with small teeth).  But as already mentioned, unsure where those stubborn nuts fall within Gen 1, Gen 2, etc.  My guess is the newest guns might be easier to remove with the larger teeth'd nuts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#40]
seems like barrel profile wouldn't leave enough meat for rethreading at a shorter length.  sort of like an AR pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Any extra details on this 10mm/40 option?  That really has my interest piqued.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine in today, time for a can haha

https://ibb.co/hD8Bjz6
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Midwest556:
Got mine in today, time for a can haha

https://ibb.co/hD8Bjz6
View Quote
I'm trying to hold out for A3 version and am already contemplating form 1'ing a dedicate 3 lug or direct thread can for it.  I could just use my Ghost but might not want to keep switching between the piston and fixed barrel spacer.  Anyone have any good leads on 9 or 45 solvent traps that would well on this?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:22:18 AM EDT
[#45]

I'm trying to hold out for A3 version and am already contemplating form 1'ing a dedicate 3 lug or direct thread can for it.  I could just use my Ghost but might not want to keep switching between the piston and fixed barrel spacer.  Anyone have any good leads on 9 or 45 solvent traps that would well on this?
View Quote
I’ve always been told by the time you form 1 a can you might as well spend the money on a good can. I’m not sure though. Never done it. I’ve looked into as well not sure how to do it properly haha
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:30:36 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
The only way I would form 1 a can is by having Nick at ECCO or someone build it for me. But that's because i lack the machining knowledge and skills to do it myself. There's a whole forum for form 1 cans though
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#47]
I am going to hold out for the A3, I am done with blowback 9mm PCC's.

I already have a 9mm suppressor, Trident 9 that I recently had SiCo rebuild to essentially turn it into a Octane 9.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Just ordered my Stribog today, as well as the AR stock adapter, i’m going to brace it at first and use a Kyntech buffer system
Made for a shotgun to see how much i can reduce recoil, later i might do an ACR stock if i decide to SBR this one, sometimes its nice to have a braced Non SBR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
Just ordered my Stribog today, as well as the AR stock adapter, i’m going to brace it at first and use a Kyntech buffer system
Made for a shotgun to see how much i can reduce recoil, later i might do an ACR stock if i decide to SBR this one, sometimes its nice to have a braced Non SBR.
View Quote
How will the Kyntech buffer system work with the Stribog operating system?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#50]

How will the Kyntech buffer system work with the Stribog operating system?
View Quote
I think he's referring to this (would screw into an AR buffer tube adapter):
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top