Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The last of my mod parts just arrived.

I installed the HB industries muzzle brake. Super easy.

I next installed the KNS precision Inc. waffle bolt handle. It is easy too. Just field strip, slide the bolt handle to the circle cut out. Pull out the old one and slide in the new. Done. It makes the world of difference to my large fingers.

The hardest one to install, but not really that difficult is the HBI extended bolt stop. You field strip like normal, then punch out the captive front pin. Pull the old stop and replace it with the new stop. Don’t lose the captive spring. Using a hammer then tap the pin back into its captive position and then reassemble.

It works great and makes trigger finger manipulation easy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
Someone posted this on the Facebook page. I picked up one.

https://i.imgur.com/VQvNjtB.png
https://i.imgur.com/iJM3n1j.png
View Quote
Can it be rigged to fire from the carry handle?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By clickclickBOOM:

Bummer. I wonder if it was one of those crushed on the shipping pallets.
View Quote
I suppose it was. I still have a couple of mags that I ordered that I left in the packaging. I have since loaded them to see if they develop an issue. I will be a buyer for metal feed lipped mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
I suppose it was. I still have a couple of mags that I ordered that I left in the packaging. I have since loaded them to see if they develop an issue. I will be a buyer for metal feed lipped mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:

Bummer. I wonder if it was one of those crushed on the shipping pallets.
Let’s email Lancer!
Are the steel lipped ones in production yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#5]
Sure, tease us by posting the cool new collapsible brace pics on the cool short version of the Stribog that no one in the states can buy yet and probably can’t for many months!  

(Yeah, I know.  Not Grand Power’s fault — caught up in USA red tape.   Just frustrating to have to wait so many months)

Oh well — If Ruger keeps bringing out cool new  weapons like it has these last few months, I soon won’t have money for a new Stribog anyways!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, they really need to get the A3 released NOW. I know it the .gov holding things up, but damn.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
What are you using for a light?  I'm thinking Hailey Strategic Thorntail2 mounted to the top rail, just behind front sight.  The other option on my mind was a Gear Sector Scout mounted in the same location.

Thorntail2

Gear Sector-
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#8]
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:
What are you using for a light?  I'm thinking Hailey Strategic Thorntail2 mounted to the top rail, just behind front sight.  The other option on my mind was a Gear Sector Scout mounted in the same location.

Thorntail2

Gear Sector-
View Quote
I tried some options on the top rail but they were too bulky and got in the way.

Here's my solution. Magpul polymer offset mount.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
I tried some options on the top rail but they were too bulky and got in the way.

Here's my solution. Magpul polymer offset mount.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137230/IMG_20200126_160634_jpg-1250907.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137230/00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200126161058-1250913.JPG
View Quote
I like how tight that is to the gun.  I've seen a couple that seemed to stick out quite a ways.  Not too bad for Magpul polymer prices.  Not sure about using a pressure switch though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just shot mine for the first time today. It’s a rainy day, so I shot indoors 25 yards. My heart sunk when I was dialing the Romeo 5 in. First three shots ever and all failure to feed. I put that mag off to the side and resumed with several other 20 and 30 rounders. All worked flawlessly with no more events until I put the first malfunctioning mag back in and same thing. So perfect functioning Stribog with Fiocchi 115 fmjs. The bad mag looks like the follower is not moving right. I might take it apart, sand it down and dry lube to see what happens. I’m very happy with this little gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MAKAK47] [#11]
I just shot mine for the first time today. It’s a rainy day, so I shot indoors 25 yards. My heart sunk when I was dialing the Romeo 5 in. First three shots ever and all failure to feed. I put that mag off to the side and resumed with several other 20 and 30 rounders. All worked flawlessly with no more events until I put the first malfunctioning mag back in and same thing. So perfect functioning Stribog with Fiocchi 115 fmjs. The bad mag looks like the follower is not moving right. I might take it apart, sand it down and dry lube to see what happens. I’m very happy with this little gun.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40842/A44422BA-AD0D-46F6-993D-BF06D24CCE7E-1250998.jpg
View Quote
Spray gun oil down into the mag, lots of guys say that helps out!

Glad you are enjoying it! Welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:39:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:41:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#14]
I had an amazing day shooting my Stribog for the 1st time. The Holosun HE508T-GR made placing rounds on top of rounds within 50' too easy. I picked up my rate of fire between 21'-35' and put a decent hole in the target continually increasing speed. I'm glad they didnt throw me out but I did get warned about 5 times to slow it down, "No Rapid fire", from the staff at Bulls Eye in Tacoma, Washington. All in all I put 420rds of Federal Black Pack 115gr FMJ down the tube with no hiccups and 100rds of Remington UMC 115gr JHP with about 5-6 failures to feed which I believe to be caused by bullet incompatibility for several reason; ¹The less rounded flat bullet shape of the lower quality JHP which created a friction point at the feed ramp while attempting to chamber and ²The lack of casing strength especially when fired at speed with increased forces from the direct blowback will slam the case into the feed ramp sometimes causing the bullet to seat deeper in the case creating higher pressures. ³Causing the round to not chamber but head upwards causing FTF & FTE.

Overall it is a dream to shoot.

My Target after several strings.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#15]
One thing that stood out for me from Shot Show is that B&T submitted their new 10mm gun to the ATF last year and got approved right before Shot so a turnaround of less than 1 year. Meanwhile the Stribog A3 was submitted 2 years ago and still nothing... Talk about a double standard!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Enduin:
One thing that stood out for me from Shot Show is that B&T submitted their new 10mm gun to the ATF last year and got approved right before Shot so a turnaround of less than 1 year. Meanwhile the Stribog A3 was submitted 2 years ago and still nothing... Talk about a double standard!
View Quote
Pretty sure it was submitted last year around February/March timeframe when Global took over, you can see it in this thread down around pages 5-10 somewhere

At this point who knows how long until approval
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#17]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#18]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By kpel308:
@Global-Ordnance stated on FB in Jaro's magazine thread that they have ordered thousands of these.  Those that have tried them say that they are much better at dropping free during mag changes.

ETA:  The lips are hardened AISI 420SS.

Get your wallets ready, people, they'll be on the way shortly:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/83416305_10205996089097748_8165520625482-1254463.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Look great. Hopefully they are reasonably priced.

I will take 5.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:
Look great. Hopefully they are reasonably priced.

I will take 5.
View Quote
Group Buy! or Arfcom promo code.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
@Global-Ordnance stated on FB in Jaro's magazine thread that they have ordered thousands of these.  Those that have tried them say that they are much better at dropping free during mag changes.

ETA:  The lips are hardened AISI 420SS.

Get your wallets ready, people, they'll be on the way shortly:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/83416305_10205996089097748_8165520625482-1254463.jpg
View Quote
I’m saving for this and GP’s collapsing brace, so ready
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:54:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ORBushmasta] [#23]
Saw one of those mags at SHOT at GO booth. It dropped free Everytime, messing with at the show.

Anyone cut their barrel down? Thinking of cutting 2" of my barrel. Too many threads YHM won't seat on shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Great, so now I have a bunch of NIW stribog mags that will be essentially garbage
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Great, so now I have a bunch of NIW stribog mags that will be essentially garbage
View Quote
So rather than be upset that you "have a bunch of NIW Stribog mags that will be essentially garbage" why don't you be happy there are more options for magazines coming to market?

No one's fault but yours that you have a bunch of magazines still NIW.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

So rather than be upset that you "have a bunch of NIW Stribog mags that will be essentially garbage" why don't you be happy there are more options for magazines coming to market?

View Quote

Or maybe I purchased what i thought would be a sufficient amount of mags to stave off not being able to acquire more come the pending mag ban in my retarded state. You'd be pissed too if you invested $600 in shit that was supposed to be good that turned out to be garbage.

And an extra for thinking it's some sort of folly to have mags extra mags still in the wrapper
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I have 5 of the original mags. They aren't cracked...so I would hardly consider the original mags garbage.

Honest question, are yours breaking? If not, they are still worth having. In my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Or maybe I purchased what i thought would be a sufficient amount of mags to stave off not being able to acquire more come the pending mag ban in my retarded state. You'd be pissed too if you invested $600 in shit that was supposed to be good that turned out to be garbage.

And an extra for thinking it's some sort of folly to have mags extra mags still in the wrapper
View All Quotes

So you were saying you were happy when you bought them? So why upset now just because time has passed and new options have become available. No need to cry about it. Times change and new things are brought to market. No need to cry about it. If you like the new options, buy some of those too. No need to feel entitled and complain because you are upset you bought what was available in the past and now there are new options.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#29]

So you were saying you were happy when you bought them? So why upset now just because time has passed and new options have become available. No need to cry about it. Times change and new things are brought to market. No need to cry about it. If you like the new options, buy some of those too. No need to feel entitled and complain because you are upset you bought what was available in the past and now there are new options.
View Quote
Sir, are you retarded? You must be. What the hell are you going on about entitlements for? Why would you think I would be upset about new options?

Time has shown that the current all plastic mags are prone to failure, hence GP coming out with steel lipped mags. If you need any further explanation or examples, or pictures about why I would be upset, you sir, are a lost cause.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Please don't get this great thread locked.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Sir, are you retarded? You must be. What the hell are you going on about entitlements for? Why would you think I would be upset about new options?

Time has shown that the current all plastic mags are prone to failure, hence GP coming out with steel lipped mags. If you need any further explanation or examples, or pictures about why I would be upset, you sir, are a lost cause.
View All Quotes

Because this comes across as entitlement.

So you are upset about having a bunch of NIW magazines that may or may not have issues. But you don't know because you haven't even used them yet. In addition you are upset that you bought magazines when you bought them because you wanted a stash, but now that new options are available you are upset that you have the original magazines? Not sure why you are so upset you bought the original magazines since you bought those wanting more magazines. Just be happy more options are available. Buy some of those too. No need to get all upset and emotional because new options are coming to market. That is to be expected and good news for a gun platform that is becoming more popular.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Because this comes across as entitlement.

So you are upset about having a bunch of NIW magazines that may or may not have issues. But you don't know because you haven't even used them yet. In addition you are upset that you bought magazines when you bought them because you wanted a stash, but now that new options are available you are upset that you have the original magazines? Not sure why you are so upset you bought the original magazines since you bought those wanting more magazines. Just be happy more options are available. Buy some of those too. No need to get all upset and emotional because new options are coming to market. That is to be expected and good news for a gun platform that is becoming more popular.
View Quote
How that comes across as entitlement is beyond me. Now if I said I demand GP and GO to refund or replace my mags, that would more accurately display entitlement. Instead, I was expressing disappointment in the fact that the current mags have shown to have issues and there are new ones coming that I will then need to invest even more money into this platforms magazines than I anticipated.

The fact this needs explaining and your failure to grasp this simple concept blows my mind. Or you're intentionally trying to derail this thread. Either way, you're going to get this thread locked so it would behoove you to stop the bullshit
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#33]
But are the all plastic magazines having issues outside of the isolated occurrences posted on the web?

Several post on the internet doesnt necessarily indicate a widespread issue with the magazines.

I'm all for the steel lipped magazines. It just seems oftentimes on the internet some of these issues are actually overblown in our isolated incidences that are just repeat posted.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Did i miss something? I'm fairly certain the steel feed lip reinforcement was announced as a sleeve that could be added to ANY Stibog mag... The "new" mags are the old mags with a steel sleeve. Is that not the case anymore?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#35]

How that comes across as entitlement is beyond me. Now if I said I demand GP and GO to refund or replace my mags, that would more accurately display entitlement. Instead, I was expressing disappointment in the fact that the current mags have shown to have issues and there are new ones coming that I will then need to invest even more money into this platforms magazines than I anticipated.

The fact this needs explaining and your failure to grasp this simple concept blows my mind. Or you're intentionally trying to derail this thread. Either way, you're going to get this thread locked so it would behoove you to stop the bullshit
View Quote
Not trying to be a referee brother but I too am in Washington state. I understand your disappointment. I'm in the Oly area and don't mind driving or using USPS to buy some of your mags. Maybe together we can find a solution to your frustration. I need more mags and if you don't mind taking a little bit off the top I will buy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marod] [#36]
I own 5 mags loaded for weeks and weeks with no issue
I shot 2000 rounds with my Stribog with just one failure to extract
Very nice and well made PCC for 600-700$
It s just a very good deal
I own a B&T TP9 too
it s a very good PCC but for 3 times the price :)

PS: Stribog 30rnds mag : 23$

B&T 30rnds mag : 45$
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By marod:
I own 5 mags loaded for weeks and weeks with no issue
I shot 2000 rounds with my Stribog with just one failure to extract
Very nice and well made PCC for 600-700$
It s just a very good deal
I own a B&T TP9 too
it s a very good PCC but for 3 times the price :)

PS: Stribog 30rnds mag : 23$

B&T 30rnds mag : 45$
View Quote
B&T has had issues with mags cracking too
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#38]
i believe you
i've owned my TP9 and 10 mag with no issue for 5-6 years
Thousands of rounds and no malfunction.
I like it a lot

I know one thing .No firearm is perfect :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:
Did i miss something? I'm fairly certain the steel feed lip reinforcement was announced as a sleeve that could be added to ANY Stibog mag... The "new" mags are the old mags with a steel sleeve. Is that not the case anymore?
View Quote
I don't know, but it seems like the mag-to-magwell fit would have to be really sloppy to allow a steel sleeve to be added over the original all-plastic mag and feed lips, and it would STILL fit/function, right?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:58:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMPEBRFAN] [#40]
I have 5 of the original mags. They aren't cracked...so I would hardly consider the original mags garbage.
View Quote
Same here.  Original 3 mags plus 2 additional, always fully loaded, for close to 9 months.  Took them to the range today, No failures, No cracks.   Closing in on 1000 rounds, great weapon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoothrewpoo] [#41]

This is where I saw that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:
https://i.ibb.co/hdf9HQ3/signal-2020-01-10-071917-01-01-01.jpg

This is where I saw that.
View Quote
Wut?  That design solution makes no sense; a slip on reinforcement is unlikely to fit closely enough to really bolster the mag, and I fail to see how there is enough room around or above the mag inside the gun for even a .020" gage piece of metal to wrap around without interfering with the magwell or bolt.  At the very least the sleeve should be glued on under pressure, or something.  And if it can slip on, that means it's not very rigid and therefore won't carry much of the load that is apparently exceeding the feed lips' strength.

What am I missing, here?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#43]
To me, it looks like they have a different mag body that they can clip the metal lips on. Maybe they simply mean they can clip them on during the manufacturing process.

I am just guesing here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#46]

Colt mags, anyone? A3 Tactical posted this today on their FB account with the comment, "Hmmm...something's different...":
Attachment Attached File

BTW: Jaro hit the "LOVE" button on it.
View Quote
Now that... That looks promising

Need to make the trigger guard more angular to follow the lines of the gun. (always a critic)
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#47]
To me, it looks like they have a different mag body that they can clip the metal lips on. Maybe they simply mean they can clip them on during the manufacturing process.

I am just guesing here.
View Quote
That's how I took it to mean as well
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#48]
View All Quotes

I am just guesing here.
Agreed -- clipped onto the outside of a purpose-built plastic mag body (I.e., not existing plastic mags), instead of the more-expensive method of casting the plastic mag with the metal inside.  Would keep the metal-lipped mags more affordable, I would think, which is a huge selling point of the Stribog in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top