Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crazyjack] [#1]
Well ordered a a3 version and will be running my wolfman on it. hopefully I like it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I was able to score a One Off Coating short stroke 1" spacer w/ modified catch. I need to modify it slightly to work with the scorpion lower. I'm curious to see it perform on an A3 w/ a Volker Precision comp.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Stribog SP9A1 Gen 2 w flat trigger tried both type mags with a bunch of hollow points , fmj , even steel it ate everything. Serial # 12xxx. The fit n finish on this one is exceptional. I’ll try again Tomm to get it to fail. I think I’ll just be punching holes tho.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ahrion:
I was able to score a One Off Coating short stroke 1" spacer w/ modified catch. I need to modify it slightly to work with the scorpion lower. I'm curious to see it perform on an A3 w/ a Volker Precision comp.
View Quote

I am interested in the short stroke spacer as well. Is there a reason why this comes with the magazine catch? I’ve already purchased an upgraded HB magazine catch. I’m just wondering if the one that comes with the 1 inch spacer is somehow modified for the spacer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:00:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#5]
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

I am interested in the short stroke spacer as well. Is there a reason why this comes with the magazine catch? I’ve already purchased an upgraded HB magazine catch. I’m just wondering if the one that comes with the 1 inch spacer is somehow modified for the spacer.
View Quote

I modified my HB Industries catch to work with stock CZ mags and PSA mags. However, the reason the 1" spacer needs the modified catch is because 1" spacer will cause the stock catch to not engage because the bolt doesn't go back far enough. So when you use the OOC modified catch, the engagement point has been modified so the bolt will be able to engage the catch.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:30:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556_Chowder] [#6]

I modified my HB Industries catch to work with stock CZ mags and PSA mags. However, the reason the 1" spacer needs the modified catch is because 1" spacer will cause the stock catch to not engage because the bolt doesn't go back far enough. So when you use the OOC modified catch, the engagement point has been modified so the bolt will be able to engage the catch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good to know. Thanks for explaining that. Please let us know what kind of a performance difference the one inch spacer will make After you’ve tested it out. I’ve read on some forums that people are saying it’s a night and day difference. I’m really curious to hear from your experience.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:26:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Good to know. Thanks for explaining that. Please let us know what kind of a performance difference the one inch spacer will make After you’ve tested it out. I’ve read on some forums that people are saying it’s a night and day difference. I’m really curious to hear from your experience.
View Quote

The A3 is already a very chill shooting platform. I can't imagine it being any more tame.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:53:42 AM EDT
[#8]

The A3 is already a very chill shooting platform. I can't imagine it being any more tame.
View All Quotes

I just picked up a brand new GEN 2 A1. I’m starting feel a little bummed for not buying the A3 since it looks like the kinks are worked out with the latest batches.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]

I just picked up a brand new GEN 2 A1. I’m starting feel a little bummed for not buying the A3 since it looks like the kinks are worked out with the latest batches.
View Quote

I sold my A1 for A3 because buds let me pick my serial. While it looks like the same firearm, it doesn't feel like it. It's also noticeably lighter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Let’s us know how it works. Seems like a good idea if it maintains reliably.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#11]
Originally Posted By clickclickBOOM:

Let’s us know how it works. Seems like a good idea if it maintains reliably.
View Quote

So I noticed something. I just got it in the mail today. When you install the spacer in front of the stock rubber buffer, the spring pressure is the same. However, when you install it behind the rubber buffer, the spring tension is obviously more. I'm wondering differences in performance between the two.

The modified bolt catch is made by HBI. It came in HBI packaging in addition to being exactly the same as the HBI catch, minus the fact that there is material removed from the rear of the catch to make up for the 1" spacer.  I have to modify this to work with my Lindle scorpion lower for Stock CZ mags and PSA mag

I did want to let everyone know about Gundy Shop picatanny rear piece. It has a QD socket (doesn't work with Magpul QD slings). It can only be purchased on eBay, but I got it there and am super impressed.  I had the Haga Defense rear piece previously, but it was too bulky and then I switched to the A3 rear piece, but it didn't have a QD socket. The Gundy Shop rear adapter is super slim and looks nice with the A3 folding brace. On a separate note, I bought a cheapo MS4 sling clone on Amazon ($11) specifically for my bog since my Magpul MS4 wouldn't work and I love it. I actually like it better than the MS4 because it has a quick adjust loop.

I'm so close to be done modifying this bog and boy do I love this thing.

Edit: I reached out to OOC and they said they don't see a difference in performance at all whether the spacer is in front or behind and the fact that there's more pressure on the spring when behind, it's not going to affect performance in or reliability in the slightest.  We will see. I'm waiting till I get my Volker Precision comp before I test.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer a 1/2" spacer vs a 1" myself. Made these. My Colt mag adapters are a direct fit on the UZZI mags too and to top it off I didn't have to modify the mags at all. Locks in perfectly.  :D

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got to take out the One Off Coating short stroke kit. I also changed my comp from a MCarbo Stribog Muzzle Brake to an HBI Comp. In terms of recoil, it was non existent. The MCarbo brake I previously had on did better to mitigate muzzle rise, but I couldn't really feel a big kick with this HBI Comp.

I tested American Eagle Syntech 124 gr, Federal Prem HST 124, and Wolf Steel 115 gr on my Lingle scorpion lower SPA3

I didn't put a crazy amount of round, however I didn't get a single malfunction in any capacity. The steel had more recoil than the Syntech and slightly less than fed.

Was there an improvement? Yes. Was it noticeable? Absolutely. Would I buy it again? No doubt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally got to take out the One Off Coating short stroke kit. I also changed my comp from a MCarbo Stribog Muzzle Brake to an HBI Comp. In terms of recoil, it was non existent. The MCarbo brake I previously had on did better to mitigate muzzle rise, but I couldn't really feel a big kick with this HBI Comp.

I tested American Eagle Syntech 124 gr, Federal Prem HST 124, and Wolf Steel 115 gr on my Lingle scorpion lower SPA3

I didn't put a crazy amount of round, however I didn't get a single malfunction in any capacity. The steel had more recoil than the Syntech and slightly less than fed.

Was there an improvement? Yes. Was it noticeable? Absolutely. Would I buy it again? No doubt.
View Quote

Here's what it looks like now.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mandalore117] [#15]
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:
So far my A3 serial number high 3000's has been great. The new steel feed lip mags with either style black followers have been running flawless. Here is mine. This think has been a blast and have enjoyed tinkering with this one.

https://i.imgur.com/gbruZjJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pvMuKRi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2nD9s9d.jpg
View Quote

What is that middle brace?!?? I've never seen that particular triangle brace before and it looks badass!

Edit: Googlefu took me to a random AKFiles discussion and a guy named Dave. That right?

Edit2: Found the brace, but how did you get that to attach to a Stribog??
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I prefer a 1/2" spacer vs a 1" myself. Made these. My Colt mag adapters are a direct fit on the UZZI mags too and to top it off I didn't have to modify the mags at all. Locks in perfectly.  :D

https://i.imgur.com/ShxYKzV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jtvmcp6.jpg

View Quote

Are those uzi mag adapter available to purchase?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mandalore117] [#17]
Originally Posted By czgunner:

View All Quotes

yep - $25 per adapter: https://www.kdgunwerx.com/product-page/stribog-colt-mag-conversion
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I love the fact the colt mag adapters are available, but the fact that I can buy an ASC 32 round Colt mag for
$18, economics are going to push me to a Lingle Colt lower.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
I love the fact the colt mag adapters are available, but the fact that I can buy an ASC 32 round Colt mag for
$18, economics are going to push me to a Lingle Colt lower.
View Quote

You can also get a 3d printed, drop in adapter that allows using unmodified colt mags w/ the factory lower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5bGT2Z_Rw

A few people are selling them or you can print it yourself
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mandalore117:

You can also get a 3d printed, drop in adapter that allows using unmodified colt mags w/ the factory lower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5bGT2Z_Rw

A few people are selling them or you can print it yourself
View Quote

Both the BAM & RC4 3D-printed adapters are what I started with. They are far from reliable. To much up and down movement and sometimes the mags would just fall out, then the LRBHO brakes and then some off on the RC4 adapters.   My mag sleeve combined with the right follower has been keeping my bog running reliable 100% of the time no matter what ammo I run. Flat nose, hollows, ball, it eats them without any issues.  These guys making colt lowers and Scorpion lowers will still have issues because the followers are still not right for chambering the Stribog barrel. You can not run stock followers in the Colt mags and get a perfect feed every time especially with real Colt mags or Brownell's Colt mags.  The Scorpion lower is definitely is an improvement because the followers don't rock in Scorpion mags, but because the rounds can not angle to center there has been a few FTF's with running hollows. Not to bad though as they are still better then the stock mag. Just not a 100% reliable solution which I personally prefer. Its nice to be able to run Colt mags, UZZI mags, Stock mags and modified Vityaz mags all with one receiver and still have the BHO feature with one receiver. My Stribog has been awesome because of that!  :)

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#21]

What is that middle brace?!?? I've never seen that particular triangle brace before and it looks badass!

Edit: Googlefu took me to a random AKFiles discussion and a guy named Dave. That right?

Edit2: Found the brace, but how did you get that to attach to a Stribog??
View Quote

Yes I am Dave. I made and adapter for it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jmanuso2096:
My charging block is installed with M&H SCAR folding charging handle. Instead of getting my upper bolt cut down I decided to purchase the HB Industries non recip bolt kit. More pics on my dedicated thread.

https://i.imgur.com/pBHwKvLl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vU3HlJCl.jpg
View Quote

What muzzle device is that?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Yes I am Dave. I made and adapter for it.
View Quote

Would to know when your shirt stroking tunable kit will be avail
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Really soon actually. Just finalizing a few things before its release. Here is is working with 115g & a 6 1/4" Barrel.

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/4d1018_2821f9e9be5b4e218527180f82961859/240p/mp4/file.mp4

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Really soon actually. Just finalizing a few things before its release. Here is is working with 115g & a 6 1/4" Barrel.

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/4d1018_2821f9e9be5b4e218527180f82961859/240p/mp4/file.mp4

View All Quotes

Do you have any information on how this kit works? That video was pretty impressive. I’m really interested in this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

That’s pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Hey @KGD_Dave, I noticed the front end of your 'Bog has a slight slant to it.  Did you machine that yourself, or did it come like that.    It really improves the Stribog's boxy look for such a subtle change in shape.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Is the non-reciprocating version ok for Lefties? I think I read the CH can switch sides but it doesn’t look like there’s an ejection port for leftie shooting.  But......I shoot an AR with no issue so Bob’s yer Uncle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Flthy_McNsty:

Hey @KGD_Dave, I noticed the front end of your 'Bog has a slight slant to it.  Did you machine that yourself, or did it come like that.    It really improves the Stribog's boxy look for such a subtle change in shape.  

View Quote

Yes sir I machined it for that reason actually. Wasn't a fan of the boxy look or the barrel length that they came with.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Its pretty amazing how much a simple angle cut to the front of the receiver improves the aesthetics of the entire gun.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By clubmanager1:
Is the non-reciprocating version ok for Lefties? I think I read the CH can switch sides but it doesn’t look like there’s an ejection port for leftie shooting.  But......I shoot an AR with no issue so Bob’s yer Uncle.
View Quote

Its totally fine for left hand shooters. Everything but the ejection port is ambidextrous
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Are there any updates on the 1-2 companies working on AR style aluminum lowers that take Colt AR9 magazines? I keep hearing only a few weeks/months away, but nothing ever comes from it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Its totally fine for left hand shooters. Everything but the ejection port is ambidextrous
View Quote

I'm a lefty and have yet to get brass to the face. I've used FMJ to HP to lowered power steel. No issues.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Finished up modifying and making followers for some of my KP-9 mags. Oddly enough it still locks up and functions perfectly in my KP-9! I was worried that they were going to end up being Stribog only mags after all of that.

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/4d1018_babe40db1d1a45edb605534e562f691d/360p/mp4/file.mp4
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#35]
New locking charging block.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Finished up modifying and making followers for some of my KP-9 mags. Oddly enough it still locks up and functions perfectly in my KP-9! I was worried that they were going to end up being Stribog only mags after all of that.

https://i.imgur.com/l8m3mhL.jpg

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/4d1018_babe40db1d1a45edb605534e562f691d/360p/mp4/file.mp4
View Quote

Interesting...
Can you detail/picture the mods required to make that happen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#37]

yep - $25 per adapter: https://www.kdgunwerx.com/product-page/stribog-colt-mag-conversion
View All Quotes

Hmmm...I bet they could make a Colt Mag adapter for the B&T guns, too...seeing as I made such a one from an Uzi magwell for my Steyr SPP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Very want. Much interested.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By barnbwt:

Hmmm...I bet they could make a Colt Mag adapter for the B&T guns, too...seeing as I made such a one from an Uzi magwell for my Steyr SPP.
View Quote

If I ever decide to pick up a B&T I am sure Id make colt sleeves for those too. No plans anytime soon though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#40]

https://i.imgur.com/l8m3mhL.jpg

View Quote

What pistol brace is that on the Stribog?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Tommy built tactical B&T brace. I do not recommend it as its an overpriced 3D printed, peened and dyed POS. It looks cool but the actual quality is complete shit right down to the strap. Comming from Tommy I had expected more.  I will be making a new one and machining it out of aluminum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#42]

If I ever decide to pick up a B&T I am sure Id make colt sleeves for those too. No plans anytime soon though.
View Quote

When is your extra buffer spring thing gonna be available?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#43]

When is your extra buffer spring thing gonna be available?
View Quote

Trying to have some by the end of this week along with a few Charging blocks and Colt mag sleeves.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey, all, was wondering if you could provide me some insight. Finally took my new A1 to the range the other day and I had a host of feeding issues with the steel lip magazines with the black followers. After firing the initial shot, new rounds would routinely turn 90 degrees and get sandwiched between the bolt and the chamber. This seemed to only happen when the magazine was relatively full. Didn't seem to be an issue with the all plastic ones, but I didn't get a chance to test it extensively. This being my first Stribog, I'm kind of at a loss.
I got the A1 and the steel lip mags specifically in the hopes I wouldn't have to deal with these sorts of issues I kept hearing about. Anyone else run into this and have any advice? Only modifications I've done is install a 1 inch spacer and the HBI extended bolt catch. Issue happened with and without the spacer installed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Juicemang762:
Hey, all, was wondering if you could provide me some insight. Finally took my new A1 to the range the other day and I had a host of feeding issues with the steel lip magazines with the black followers. After firing the initial shot, new rounds would routinely turn 90 degrees and get sandwiched between the bolt and the chamber. This seemed to only happen when the magazine was relatively full. Didn't seem to be an issue with the all plastic ones, but I didn't get a chance to test it extensively. This being my first Stribog, I'm kind of at a loss.
I got the A1 and the steel lip mags specifically in the hopes I wouldn't have to deal with these sorts of issues I kept hearing about. Anyone else run into this and have any advice? Only modifications I've done is install a 1 inch spacer and the HBI extended bolt catch. Issue happened with and without the spacer installed.
View Quote

I have the same model with both types mags and I’ve shot anything I can find with 0 issues.

What serial # range is yours?

I have the newer model with flat trigger.

Some SP9A1’s have a dual rod , some have a single rod. Some of the A1s needed lighter recoil spring to run properly global will send one if you need it. It could also be a defective extractor.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:10:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By gungrass:

I have the same model with both types mags and I’ve shot anything I can find with 0 issues.

Some SP9A1’s have a dual rod , some have a single rod. Some of the A1s needed lighter recoil spring to run properly global will send one if you need it. It could also be a defective extractor.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gungrass:
Originally Posted By Juicemang762:

Hi!  Maybe a "Me, too" moment...  I just took my brand new A1 with the factory polymer mags and flat trigger out for its first run today....  My experience using a variety of 115 fmj fodder yielded the same stuff as Juicemang762 reported:  sideways casings, failure to consistently eject casings, some failure-to-feed.  This stuff happened with both brass and steel-case 115 Winchester, Browning, Fiocci, Remington, bulk reman ammo. Things went much better but still a couple flops when using some Czech SVT 124gr fmj - a noticably hotter load.  WHEN it reloaded properly, it shot well and was a lot of fun. But I'll confess feeling mighty frustrated over this, seeing as I have heard and read a lot saying that the A1 was supposedly not picky about ammo...    I'm thinking that it may be an overly-strong recoil spring issue, given the 124 did better than any of the stock 115 stuff.   I would expect a defective extractor to be the same regardless of 115 or 124 ammo, but I'm no kind of expert on this stuff, so...  How can I best resolve this - how do I get a lighter recoil spring?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Came out pretty good.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:24:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiplash10] [#48]
Lingle aluminum lowers are gtg!  Psyched with how these turned out.  Should have 1-2k rounds put through them by May and will report back.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Is there a binary trigger that works with a scorpion lower?

thx
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:55:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Survey_Dude] [#50]
So have the SP9a3 issues been more or less worked out? I'm looking at getting a Stribog, and have access to both the a3 and a1.

I'd prefer the a3 but not if I'll have issues
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top