BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw a post from Frontier arms saying they bought the Extar pistol line.
View Quote
Does this mean they will produce the version without the buffer tube like the 5.56 version?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does this mean they will produce the version without the buffer tube like the 5.56 version?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just had correspondence with extar they have not sold the pistol line only the 5.56 version
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just ran across this thread, new to me and very interested;

Anyone know if this is normal for these; EP9 Ships 2-3 Weeks After FFL Confirmation
View Quote
I think mine was at my FFL inside of a week.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I am very interested in this as a tractor/truck gun. But ideally I need it to reach out to 100yds from time to time. I can not find one utube video on accuracy seems all the reviewers want to to is see if they can break the damn thing. Has anyone on here did any real accuracy tests out to 100yds?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am very interested in this as a tractor/truck gun. But ideally I need it to reach out to 100yds from time to time. I can not find one utube video on accuracy seems all the reviewers want to to is see if they can break the damn thing. Has anyone on here did any real accuracy tests out to 100yds?
View Quote
I don't have a magnified optic on mine so 100 yards is to far for my old eyes,I can say at 25 yards from a rest mine will shoot a ragged hole
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 10.5" Ar pistol and was looking at building something with a smaller barrel so was going to go 9mm.  Whne pricing uppers and lowers ran across the ep9, I picked mine up testerday form my FFL took 3 weeks to ship.

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:26:53 AM EDT
[#9]
https://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7.2_os.php

I love the captured springs this company makes, I had the chance to shoot a 5.56 AR that had one paired with a suppressor & it was fucking glorious.

I’m not the most mechanicaly gifted person, so I’m not sure I understand, will these springs work in this carbine? Is it quiet suppressed even without it?

You folks almost have me ready to buy one of these, I’m soooo tempted...
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Had anyone tried to change out the muzzle device on their EP9?

I picked up a VG6 Gamma on the Black Friday deals thread. The threads are supposed to match, with 1/2-28. However when attempting to put the new one on, after only two rotations it binds up. Definitely feels like the threads don’t match up.

I don’t have a tap and die that matches this.  But has anyone else ran into this problem?

Also since I don’t run any VFG or AFG, removing the lower rail section makes it a lot more comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the pistol cal versions need the regular buffer/spring action for mass given that it is blowback?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had anyone tried to change out the muzzle device on their EP9?

I picked up a VG6 Gamma on the Black Friday deals thread. The threads are supposed to match, with 1/2-28. However when attempting to put the new one on, after only two rotations it binds up. Definitely feels like the threads don’t match up.

I don’t have a tap and die that matches this.  But has anyone else ran into this problem?

View Quote
I immediately wanted to shoot mine suppressed, but found my muzzle threads were oversized. Removed the barrel, recut the original threads & found they weren't concentric to the bore(Now they are). Also tried an AR-9mm 5" barrel, it wouldn't feed. Compared both & found a dimensional difference on the factory barrel. Once the AR-9 barrel was cut identical to the factory barrel, it feeds & functions perfectly, & my Ghost M is tucked a couple of inches into the handguard.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I immediately wanted to shoot mine suppressed, but found my muzzle threads were oversized. Removed the barrel, recut the original threads & found they weren't concentric to the bore(Now they are). Also tried an AR-9mm 5" barrel, it wouldn't feed. Compared both & found a dimensional difference on the factory barrel. Once the AR-9 barrel was cut identical to the factory barrel, it feeds & functions perfectly, & my Ghost M is tucked a couple of inches into the handguard.
View Quote
Pics man...Pics...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What I’m hearing sounds complicated and involved... is it?
I don’t have a lot of milling equipment laying around or anything beyond a few Allen wrenches,
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pics man...Pics...
View Quote
See near the bottom of page 2. Backbencher posted them for me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I got mine, love it!
Put 1 box of WWB, 1 BOX of Wolf, and one box of reloads
Plus 10 Speer Gold dots.
I used the Magpul mag that came with it, 2 Glock mags and a 33rd ets mag.
no issues at all, no failures, not one issue!

A lot of fun to shoot!

Edit: took it back to the range,
Put a box of tulammo steel case, a box of remington UMC brass and a box of federal aluminum through it...
NO hiccups, no malfunctions, no issues at all...
Awesome gun, fun to shoot!
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don’t have a lot of milling equipment laying around or anything beyond a few Allen wrenches,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe contact Macon armory? He redid the feed cone on a 9mm barrel for a great price.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have any difficulty with the 31 round ETS  mags?
Mine seems to run perfectly but it holds the bolt open.
I cannot use the bolt release if the ETS mag is inserted.

I can release the bolt, insert the magazine and it will run without issue.

None of my glock mags or the magpul mag that came with it have this problem.
Out of spec mag? Is this a common issue?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Dammit guys, I just bought a Ruger PCC two weeks ago and now I’m looking at the Extar..
Everything I’ve seen so far it’s a pretty nifty little gun. I hope to pick up one soon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
BUT WHEN DOES THE 45 SHIP???

I was very close to buying a Banshee .45 to shoot hogs with, but this thing seems like too good a deal to pass up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BUT WHEN DOES THE 45 SHIP???

I was very close to buying a Banshee .45 to shoot hogs with, but this thing seems like too good a deal to pass up.
View Quote
Waiting on that one too.

I signed up for a notification but it’s been a looong time now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Waiting on that one too.

I signed up for a notification but it’s been a looong time now.
View Quote
@Equator I just did the same today.  How long ago did you sign up?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good video. Liked and subscribed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good video. Liked and subscribed.
+1 same

ETA:

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: thread pitch question on EP series pistol?

Thank you for your interest in our products.  The EP9 muzzle thread is 1/2 x 28. The EP45 and the EP10 are 5/8 x 24.  This information, and much more is available on our website: extarusa.com

Best regards,
Extar Sales

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 12:06 PM  wrote:
What are the barrel thread pitches for the three calibers of the EP series pistol?

Regards,
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#24]
We got lucky with availability last week and my brothers and I ordered 3! Can't wait to get my paws on it!

Question, can the picatinny rail on the bottom of the hand guard be removed?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Favorite gun ever! I've run 900 rounds so far with exactly zero issues. Not one jam, not one failure to lock the bolt back. Nothing. I have a Glock 33 round, a Magpul 17 round, and an SGM 33 round magazine. All used about equally. I'll buy more SGMs. Glock is stiff to insert and doesn't drop free. Gun loves Champion aluminum case ammo. Wish I'd bought more than a case when it was on sale. I've added a cheapo AFG and single point sling. I'm using a Romeo 5 red dot. I've recently discovered shooting steel and I've lost some interest in group sizes on paper. I've got a reduced silhouette (B-C, C maybe) and 100 yard hits offhand are very doable. In fact my hit ratio is better than with my AR which has a 1-6 scope. This thing is so light! My range is in my backyard, so 900 rounds is spread over a month, not one marathon session. I'll try to answer any questions anyone may have.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Question, can the picatinny rail on the bottom of the hand guard be removed?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Is the recoil on the Extar really lighter, than say, an APC9? I might have to rethink buying a B&T if that's the case.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Any way to put something like the law tatical folder on it.  With the weight and a folding stock this thing would make a awesome back pack gun
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any way to put something like the law tatical folder on it.  With the weight and a folding stock this thing would make a awesome back pack gun
View Quote
Same question!  Looks like a great candidate for a sling bag or truck console.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Is the recoil on the Extar really lighter, than say, an APC9? I might have to rethink buying a B&T if that's the case.
View Quote
Take a look @ the CMMG Guard - it's delayed blowback.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted: Is the recoil on the Extar really lighter, than say, an APC9? I might have to rethink buying a B&T if that's the case.

Can't say as I've only shot the Extar. But you're seriously flip flopping between two guns that are almost $2000 different in price?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Got my EP-9 in yesterday. Love the feel of it. Crazy lightweight. Pulled the rail off the bottom. Glock 33 round mags drops free no problem. The rail height makes normal AR style BUIS too high (tried MBUIS, did not like it) so I pulled the sights off my EVO Scorpion and it’s perfect. Does anyone know of a source for Scorpion sights or another set/brand that has the same height/axis?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know of a source for Scorpion sights . . . .

Kicking myself for not picking up a set when CZ had them dirt cheap, like $50 for the set IIRC.

$150 now and OOS.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of a source for Scorpion sights . . . .

Kicking myself for not picking up a set when CZ had them dirt cheap, like $50 for the set IIRC.

$150 now and OOS.
View Quote
There is a set of them on that auction site that starts with an E at $76 right now, just search on CZ EVO.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There is a set of them on that auction site that starts with an E at $76 right now, just search on CZ EVO.

Steve
View Quote
I trolled around the Scorpion FB page IMing guys with pics of their Scorpions without sights. Yes, LOL! I have a set on the way for $90. Not too bad I guess.

Got to run a few mags through it yesterday. Love the feel and the recoil impulse is smooth and light. My son loves it. Gonna cost me a lot of ammo!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Extar does not claim that all AR triggers will work in their gun. As a data point, I put a Larue trigger in my Savage Recon. The Savage nickel boron trigger group works fine in my EP9.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Did a little Dremeling and mounted a M-Lok hand stop. I may move the rail around to the 10:00 slot for a light one day.

Really loving this weapon!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I am super happy with mine, and you can put a regular pistol buffer tube on it.  I id that and put a blade on it (it's the one on the bottom).

I think there is  a video on youtube where someone shows how to rig a folding stock
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#39]
There has been a design change on the EP9. The lower receiver end cap is no longer split and secured with the cross screw. An immediate disadvantage is that I can't loosen the cross screw to rotate the buffer tube to make fine adjustments to the brace orientation. I've enquired to Extar a second time about the new method of locking the BT, but so far no response.

Extar said:

Dear Ken
Thank you for your purchase.  The improvement to our receiver extension is our latest revision.  The brace should have been on straight, right out of the box.  If you are trying to minutely move it, you can muscle the brace but you cannot rotate the receiver extension.
Best regards,
Customer Support
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#40]
1700 rounds as of today. Not a single malfunction of any sort. I've had guns that cost a lot more that I can't say that about.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1700 rounds as of today. Not a single malfunction of any sort. I've had guns that cost a lot more that I can't say that about.
View Quote
@bmwmc

What did you shoot?  Any hollow points
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@bmwmc

What did you shoot?  Any hollow points
View Quote
About half brass case and half aluminum case FMJ. Only one 33rd magazine of Federal 124g HST +P. I'm going to work in some more of that, but it's kinda pricey.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#43]
May have found something the gun doesn't like. Was using a 33rd SGM mag as a rest. That one is loose in the mag well. Had two rounds with no firing pin indentation. Had just done the same thing with a Glock 33rd that's a very tight fit in the mag well without incident. A follow-up with the SGM held normally was flawless as usual. Then a 17rd Magpul with hollow points went off without a hitch.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone get a binary trigger to function on this pistol?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#45]
You guys are making me want one.  If Binary works, you guys are making me need one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Okay, this thing is now on my short list.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#47]
I lucked up and ordered one last night when the restocked on their website.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I have had mine for a year and I love it. I have the 9mm model and I use 33 round mags. Never had a misfire or jam with any ammo I used. Accurate and fun to shoot and small enough to take with anywhere. I had a spare trigger so I dropped it in and this gave me a 3  pound trigger pull. Some people don't like the looks, but I like mine just fine. I got mine for $419. For that price, just get it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Took mine back to the range yesterday still a blast to shoot I love this little gun now Extar needs to get their ass in gear and start shipping the 10mm I'm waiting
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#50]
I like mine so much I've just ordered my first suppressor to put on it. I'll let you know how it goes in about a year.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top