BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:49:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G3k:

Nice! I’ve been thinking about a shortened MI folder for a brace setup too.

How’s the feel? It seems like it would balance out the gun well.
View Quote

I like it. I shot one with the collapsible brace and wasn't a fan of the cheek weld. This one is far more comfortable to shoot, especially with a beard. Locking mechanism is solid as well.

I also have the stock buttplate if I decide to sbr, just need to swap it with the tailhook. Kinda neat.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I epoxied my grip in 2 steps and installed a screw to join both parts and didn't spare the epoxy. This grip probably won't come off in my lifetime. Feels great.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Kind of want to try out a franklin binary because I like the idea of playing with a 2 round burst. However being that its direct blow-back I'm not sure I'd want to risk an out of battery.

Is there anything the ghm9 does over a standard ar9 to prevent oob detonations?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#4]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
Kind of want to try out a franklin binary because I like the idea of playing with a 2 round burst. However being that its direct blow-back I'm not sure I'd want to risk an out of battery.

Is there anything the ghm9 does over a standard ar9 to prevent oob detonations?
View Quote

Between the length of the bolt carrier relative to tail of the firing pin and the firing pin spring, it would be near impossible for the trigger/falling hammer to cause an OOB.   Modern trigger packs also incorporate a disconnector to retain the hammer.  I'd recommend contacting B&T if you are interested in their official answer.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:50:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDonaldCossack] [#6]
In response to the idea that the military wouldn't use something bad therefore b&t mags must be good: Lol bullsh*t. The military would use all kinds of terrible crap. I had one B&T mag explode from sitting loaded and they will break if you drop them loaded. They're absolutely terrible.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:58:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#7]
Couple changes. Almost done with it. Surefire pro will be here tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: surefire is mounted

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Would love to find a GHM in .40
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 2:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDonaldCossack] [#9]
A new piece of fun. I swapped my folding charging handle to right side after using it on the left side the entire time I've owned it and the handle jams at the part where the ejection port meets the handle cut out. I can see it stripping metal from the receiver. Beautiful. Truly an elegant piece of Swiss engineering.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheDonaldCossack:
A new piece of fun. I swapped my folding charging handle to right side after using it on the left side the entire time I've owned it and the handle jams at the part where the ejection port meets the handle cut out. I can see it stripping metal from the receiver. Beautiful. Truly an elegant piece of Swiss engineering.
View Quote

On B&T Parts website advertising the folding charging handle it says -Only to be used on the left side of the firearm
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:37:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#11]
Heads up: if you bought the SIG lower GHM Bereli is now selling 30rd 320 mags for $50 with free shipping. I believe if you're outside of Florida they don't charge sales tax.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:08:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDonaldCossack] [#12]
Originally Posted By Boats75:

On B&T Parts website advertising the folding charging handle it says -Only to be used on the left side of the firearm
View Quote

Wow so I have to look at a non b&t affiliated website to know that this handle can only be used on the left side? I see midwestgunworks.com also mentions it.

The website I bought it from didn't say that (Tarheel three or four years ago) and B&T didn't say that. It doesn't say that in the owners manual or with the part when I bought it. Amazing stuff.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Wow so I have to look at a non b&t affiliated website to know that this handle can only be used on the left side? I see midwestgunworks.com also mentions it.

The website I bought it from didn't say that (Tarheel three or four years ago) and B&T didn't say that. It doesn't say that in the owners manual or with the part when I bought it. Amazing stuff.
View Quote

All three of your posts on AR15 have been here shit talking the GHM9. So either sell it or put the CH on the right (correct) side but either way fuck off out of this thread if you don’t have anything constructive to contribute
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
How do you like the high Unity scope mount. Thinking about putting a Holosun 403B on mine with a lower 1/3 or taller mount. How hard was it to zero and what is your hold for the height over bore?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Not sure why you are calling it a non B&T affiliated website. When you click on "Store" from the B&T USA website it takes you to the B&T Parts site I linked. Maybe I'm just wired differently but before I add, remove or change parts on a gun I do a little research first to make sure it won't cause any issues. Looks more to me like you decided to change something and caused an issue now you're blaming the manufacturer for your mistake.... someone else said it already but, if you are that unhappy with the gun maybe you'd be better off selling it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:08:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mygrainman:
I got my AFG from Custom Smith Manufacturing, and it makes all the difference in the world.(and they sent (3) stickers..A+ CSM!)
Way more natural feel and much better control. I love how it continues the lines along the take down pins...
Kinda ties my optic in to the whole motif too

Now Trigger.  I’ve heard the Geissele that was made for these is not great, and I kinda want Single stage.  What AR triggers work, and what’s the difference?  

https://i.postimg.cc/fLDSKrWF/9-CA44-A2-A-F4-D9-4-B8-F-ABC6-79-BDA63699-D8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/LX22wd1t/C3881410-AAA4-42-A0-9603-82963-E72-AB2-E.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zvf5Dnp3/CD82349-E-C04-B-433-F-B225-1498-CA4-EB932.jpg

View Quote

What muzzle device is that, looks good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Couple changes. Almost done with it. Surefire pro will be here tomorrow.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/GHM__greatness_jpg-2495323.JPG

Edit: surefire is mounted

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/20220820_134425_jpg-2496496.JPG

View Quote

How do you like the Sig XDR ?
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 2:47:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Southland1] [#18]
delete
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 11:03:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#20]
Originally Posted By Boats75:

Not sure why you are calling it a non B&T affiliated website. When you click on "Store" from the B&T USA website it takes you to the B&T Parts site I linked. Maybe I'm just wired differently but before I add, remove or change parts on a gun I do a little research first to make sure it won't cause any issues. Looks more to me like you decided to change something and caused an issue now you're blaming the manufacturer for your mistake.... someone else said it already but, if you are that unhappy with the gun maybe you'd be better off selling it.
View Quote

I disagree with this. If a firearm needs a manual to ensure it's put together correctly than it is a poor design. Especially when the stock charging handle is reversible. Most people will assume the folder is reversible as well. I did before he posted.

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 11:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#21]
Originally Posted By MDN:

How do you like the Sig XDR ?
View Quote

Haven't used it much but I like it alot so far. As bright as any aimpoint I've used, and thats not an exageration. I was genuinely impressed. Multiple reticles is neat for a range toy. I use the empty triangle and then when I turn my laser on it acts as the dot. No practical usage for that, its just fun.

Only downsides so far is it doesn't use t2 mounts like the other romeo models since it uses a triple A.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#22]

I disagree with this. If a firearm needs a manual to ensure it's put together correctly than it is a poor design. Especially when the stock charging handle is reversible. Most people will assume the folder is reversible as well. I did before he posted.

View Quote

Feel free to disagree. I don't see where I mentioned a manual to ensure it's put together correctly. Key word is "stock" charging handle. Like I said, before I drop money to buy either an OEM or aftermarket component, part, accessory, etc I research to make sure it will meet my intended use/needs while not interfering with existing components or cause other issues. It doesn't matter if you're talking about stuff for a gun, truck or electronics, everything gets looked into. You do you,
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Looking for a picatinny angled foregrip with hand stop for my GHM9-G. Anyone have anything that works well? The magpul one is a bit long.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By duster78:
Looking for a picatinny angled foregrip with hand stop for my GHM9-G. Anyone have anything that works well? The magpul one is a bit long.
View Quote

I like the B5/true north Grip stop
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By duster78:
View Quote
A3 tactical makes one, I'm not using mine. Pm if you are interested
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#26]
BCM makes a small angled foregrip that only has one flat surface and that mounts to the picatinny rail on the bottom. Everything else is angled to keep it legal. I like it nice mount and very light.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone have the box their ghm9 came in. We moved and I can't find it anywhere in the house or car.
If you do I would like an im to talk.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 6:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brad-b-2000] [#28]
deleted, sorry
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 6:36:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brad-b-2000] [#29]
New guy...the Kriss foregrip is perfect!  going to add it for use after the Form 1 comes thru.....just tried it on to see how it fit....

Link Posted: 10/22/2022 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By brad-b-2000:
New guy...the Kriss foregrip is perfect!  going to add it for use after the Form 1 comes thru.....just tried it on to see how it fit....

https://i.imgur.com/YRWPdZ4.jpg

View Quote

Is that a BCM Mod 3 grip?  If so did you have to modify it to fit?
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

Is that a BCM Mod 3 grip?  If so did you have to modify it to fit?
View Quote

Good eye!  yes it is...it was a tight fit, but it eventually slid right on without modification,(but some slight tapping)...i used the lock washer that came with the Mod 3, and the OEM grip bolt....DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT!  you can break the lower receiver where the nut for the bolt goes.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Good eye!  yes it is...it was a tight fit, but it eventually slid right on without modification,(but some slight tapping)...i used the lock washer that came with the Mod 3, and the OEM grip bolt....DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT!  you can break the lower receiver where the nut for the bolt goes.....
View Quote

Thanks for the response.

I tried to put one on my B&T mag lower and it didn't seem to fit.  I might try again on my Glock lower.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Here’s mine

Probably going to switch the optic mount to a Unity FAST, and put the laser on HRF’s new SKIFF mount.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:30:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#34]

View Quote

Good job violating the law by just throwing it on and fitting...while slapping a pic of it on the internet for all to see... that's a AOW now...common sense is out the window I see...
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Picked up a GHM9 “enhanced” yesterday and submitted the eform 1 today.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Good job violating the law by just throwing it on and fitting...while slapping a pic of it on the internet for all to see... that's a AOW now...common sense is out the window I see...
View Quote

Well it depends. ATF is claiming braced firearms are and have always been SBRs. Which means this is an SBR and not an AOW.

Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How about you IM the guy if you’re so concerned instead of playing inflated sense of ego hall monitor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Stamp approved this week. Current setup. A3 grip is pretty slick.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice, like seeing those 45s.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Must wish he was ATF or something
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Is there any plans or way to use these with HK 9mm P30/VP9 mags? There was a TFB interview a few years ago where they illuded to this. Did anything ever come of it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Where did you get the magwell extension for the GMH9?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Glenzo:

View Quote

Looks like a CSM.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Looks like a CSM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glenzo:

Looks like a CSM.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Ones up for sale locally for a (real) good price (Compact-glock mag version).

While I don't need one, this one caught my eye. Convince me why I need to pull the trigger on this.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hamel:
Ones up for sale locally for a (real) good price (Compact-glock mag version).

While I don't need one, this one caught my eye. Convince me why I need to pull the trigger on this.

View Quote

As am SP5 owner, this is THE GHM9 I would buy if we crossed paths.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#47]
What's the prevailing wisdom on stocks these days? The telescoping ones don't really do it for me. Are the A3/Sig/CSM options good? I assume the B&T one is fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Whatever you do with the overpriced Swiss mqouse.
Don't send it to Florida office for work when it has out of battery detonation because they will determine that it's unfirable and keep your property with no reimbursement or your property back. They will offer you an overpriced special deal. They want you to spend more money on their inferior products.
I have been through this and just want to help others to know what kind of company and products you may
Choose to spend your hard earned money with. They have had my pistol with my name and information on a 4473. If I had known they would confiscate my property I would have never sent it to Florida. I could have scrapped it myself and sold some parts to recoup some of my money. Now I have lost a lot of money.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
Don't send it to Florida office for work when it has out of battery detonation because they will determine that it's unfirable and keep your property with no reimbursement or your property back. They will offer you an overpriced special deal. They want you to spend more money on their inferior products.
I have been through this and just want to help others to know what kind of company and products you may
Choose to spend your hard earned money with. They have had my pistol with my name and information on a 4473. If I had known they would confiscate my property I would have never sent it to Florida. I could have scrapped it myself and sold some parts to recoup some of my money. Now I have lost a lot of money.
View Quote

yeah, they cant do that. keeping it constitutes theft
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
View Quote

They had my TP9 after a OOB incident for about 9 months. But I got it back.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top