Neither did I until now.
Looks like the same as the 9s. New lower and mlok handguard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
Originally Posted By coltc:

Yep, 45acp.

Didn't even know they had a gen 1 or Gen 2. What's the difference?

Need some sort of brace thing for this

Neither did I until now.
Looks like the same as the 9s. New lower and mlok handguard

As I understand it, that's just the current style Pro lower. Gen 1 lowers looked like this,

Then B&T did the Gen 2 lowers. The only difference here is they move the stock locking hole to right above the safety selector from right above the bolt release (both on the right side of the lower). This was done to accommodate the GHM folding stock (second picture).

These days, it seems everything gets the Pro lowers which is what you have. Interestingly, the Pro lowers do not have a hole in them for the GHM stock's locking insert, so while the stock would still work, it wouldn't "lock" in place. However, I will say that the GHM stock on my Gen 2 lowers "locks" in the loosest sense of the term. If you breathe on it, it will come out. Maybe that's why B&T doesn't worry about it anymore.

Of course, everything I just typed could be wrong, but that's my understanding. Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

As I understand it, that's just the current style Pro lower. Gen 1 lowers looked like this,

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2020/02/10/11170676_06_b_t_ghm9_gen_1_5_640.jpg

Then B&T did the Gen 2 lowers. The only difference here is they move the stock locking hole to right above the safety selector from right above the bolt release (both on the right side of the lower). This was done to accommodate the GHM folding stock (second picture).

https://images.omahaoutdoors.com/bt-450008.jpg

https://www.p2tactical.com/assets/images/GHMFoldingStock.jpg

These days, it seems everything gets the Pro lowers which is what you have. Interestingly, the Pro lowers do not have a hole in them for the GHM stock's locking insert, so while the stock would still work, it wouldn't "lock" in place. However, I will say that the GHM stock on my Gen 2 lowers "locks" in the loosest sense of the term. If you breathe on it, it will come out. Maybe that's why B&T doesn't worry about it anymore.

Of course, everything I just typed could be wrong, but that's my understanding. Hope it helps.
View Quote

Interesting. I don't know anything about these.

Just ordered an A3 tactical folding brace thing. Was considering a pic mount and the maybe a folding Sig brace like my Rattler but with the long back end of the GHM the length of pull seems it would be a bit longer than I'd like.

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Just ordered an A3 tactical folding brace thing. Was considering a pic mount and the maybe a folding Sig brace like my Rattler but with the long back end of the GHM the length of pull seems it would be a bit longer than I'd like.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mdavis:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2020/02/10/11170676_06_b_t_ghm9_gen_1_5_640.jpg

https://images.omahaoutdoors.com/bt-450008.jpg

https://www.p2tactical.com/assets/images/GHMFoldingStock.jpg

When I was buying my GHM45, the Gen 2s were coming out and I specifically had to hunt one down to use with the GHM folding stock. The stock isn't the most comfortable, but it is slim, light and folds out of the way so it works for my purposes. My guess is B&T saw more people using the telescoping stock/brace and the move to the Pro lower was seen as the smarter move even if they lost the ability to lock the GHM stock in place.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Ugh....now I have to consider selling my gen 1.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone had issues with the folding charging handle? I got one a couple months ago and it wouldn't slide freely and was so tight that the first time I shot it, I couldn't get the bolt to slide back after a few shots. Didn't realize the fitment issue until I went tonthe range with it. I ended up having to Drexel out material and it works now, but was disappointed I had to do that and a $100 part also looks like ass now. Can't see that part in the gun but I know it isn't 100% right.  

Also what are people using for qd mounts?

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Have the issues with the gen 2 improved? I’ve been thinking about a gen 2 with a Glock lower but if it doesn’t run with 147gr rounds or has feeding problems still, it’s a bit less appealing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By G3k:
Have the issues with the gen 2 improved? I’ve been thinking about a gen 2 with a Glock lower but if it doesn’t run with 147gr rounds or has feeding problems still, it’s a bit less appealing.
View Quote

Also wondering
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Are you talking about 9mm or 45acp?
9mm yes.
45acp, not sure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

either gen ran fine with the glock lower for the most part. the gen 1 and early gen 2 with the b&t mag lower had some trouble with flat nose and jhp ammo. my early gen 2 had issues but was fixed under warranty. they have a new feed ramp that makes them run on every ammo i have tried.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#10]

9mm yes.
45acp, not sure.
View All Quotes

9mm yes.
45acp, not sure.

Didn't run a lot but ran some Winchester Ranger .45 +p in my GHM45 (gen 2 I guess) and I didn't have any issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 2:19:51 AM EDT
[#11]
There a way to brace my GHM without paying like $600?
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 6:10:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coltc] [#12]
Originally Posted By DominicanGalil:
View Quote

I went with A3 tactical on my GHM45. Haven't shot it yet.

I went with a short length and their own brace.

Pro: I like the size. Everything will work with it folded.

Con: Wish I didn't have to depress the fold button to swing it open.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

SBR and put a stock on it for half that
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

csm folding brace with tailhook is under $275.

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-ghm945-folding-tailhook-host-tailhook-sold-separately
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By n2oiroc:

csm folding brace with tailhook is under $275.

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-ghm945-folding-tailhook-host-tailhook-sold-separately
View Quote

Do any of these braces stay folded though? That was my biggest issue with most of these. Annoying having it flop around.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

SBR and put a stock on it for half that
View Quote

I could do that but then I couldn't travel through or to a lot of states I go through and keep it readily available and loaded....
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Do any of these braces stay folded though? That was my biggest issue with most of these. Annoying having it flop around.
View Quote

the hinge is stiff enough on that one that it stays where you put it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dbillz:

The SSA will work but the trigger will be set further back than on an ar15 or the stock GHM9 trigger. It may or may not bother you. It felt weird to me so I used a flat trigger.

View Quote

Does yours sit like this and work? If so I will leave it in.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Posted in another thread that with a little dremel sculpturing I installed a cmc trigger that is best trigger I had on AR platform.  Now I have added a VG6 Precision Epsilon 9mm brake and wondering if anyone has used this brake on their ghm9. All I have to do is recover and get it to the range. Finding I like the 24 round magazines for it. Thanks. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Guess I'll add mine to the mix.

GHM9 with all the nightvision goodies.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice SBR there with your can. I'm going to try to sell an AR15 locally to get a can for it. Might try to get the trilug. Mount looks easy to use and fast. What kind of can do you have?  Thinking about getting a 45 so I can use it on different platforms.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
Nice SBR there with your can. I'm going to try to sell an AR15 locally to get a can for it. Might try to get the trilug. Mount looks easy to use and fast. What kind of can do you have?  Thinking about getting a 45 so I can use it on different platforms.
View Quote

Thanks man. It's a Rugged Obsidian 45 in its short configuration. I really think 3-lug is the way to go as it doesn't walk off the gun like the direct thread suppressors will. It also keeps the overall length down too.

This could be a way shorter package with only about 3 inches added to total length if I had a Silencerco Omega 9K, but I haven't gotten one yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the information. This site is a wealth of information but you must glean it from lots of filler posts on gd. I like going directly to the section I need when answeres.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#24]
One thing I may have missed is adapter or real sling mount for the ghm9 instead of a loop of super string. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#25]
One thing I may have missed is adapter or real sling mount for the ghm9 instead of a loop of super string. Thanks
View Quote

It's just the 550 cord the GHM9 and the factory stock comes with on each end with a BlueForceGear U-Loop on each end.

Nothing special. But I trust it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:07:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 64tinc] [#26]
Like the looks of the u loop.
I found these with a qd and ends of the loop look more secure. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Just ordered one and 4 Strike Industries +6 magazine extensions. Have plenty of 17 round magazines  soon to be 23 rounders.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 6:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#28]
Might have to part ways with my 45.
Got a big ass medical bill in the mail that I was supposed to receive in top of a rough month already and trying to move across the country. Really put a damper on my mood.
It sucks but it's just things. Materials can always be replaced.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Got a big ass medical bill in the mail that I was supposed to receive in top of a rough month already and trying to move across the country. Really put a damper on my mood.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that; glad you are keeping things in perspective.  I had surgery last year and still got a surprise bill after maxing out my insurance deductible.  It caused quite a bit of hassle; fortunately, after lots of frustration, my insurance company did end up taking care of it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:

Sorry to hear that; glad you are keeping things in perspective.  I had surgery last year and still got a surprise bill after maxing out my insurance deductible.  It caused quite a bit of hassle; fortunately, after lots of frustration, my insurance company did end up taking care of it.
View Quote

Yeah part that sucks too is it was only for PT. If I was told it would cost $x I would have declined it. Instead I was told it was covered so I sort of like "eh why not?". Just frustrating on a few levels.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone sell extra power magazine springs for B&T mags? I have several mags that cause failures to feed on the second to last round almost every time in my GHM9. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:44:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#32]
What's the going rate on a P26 these days. Obviously they're rare. I only shot mine once.
But I'm sort of going through a some stuff. I want to downsize.

EDIT: found this. Might throw mine up on EE. Idk man, I'm going through a bunch off stuff, makes me sick how much of my life I've wasted on stuff that just sits in a safe.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:40:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrozowjj] [#33]
View Quote
Probably off topic but you can absolutely call them to arrange a payment plan. All medical places will allow you to do some kind of monthly payment.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:
Probably off topic but you can absolutely call them to arrange a payment plan. All medical places will allow you to do some kind of monthly payment.
View Quote

I appreciate it but I'm probably going to just part ways with it. I went through a couple of manic days. This is way off topic for this thread but I've dealt with my fair share of depression throughout my life. One of the things I realized is that I often distract myself with materialistic nonsense to get away from the loneliness and that darker side of myself. I'm moving soon too so that'll be a good chance to rebuild my surroundings and by extension rebuild a bit of myself and address the areas and that aren't of myself great. Last couple of days allowed me to see what parts of myself, my past and my subconscious need to burn off like deadwood.
Guns are cool and all that but happy and fulfilling life surrounded by people that you love? That's what I'm really after.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Forgot to add the loop came in and works fine with magpul qd socket. I tried to put the magpul qd in my tail hook qd and didn't fit. Anyway. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Love the GHM one of my favorite guns actually

Got a couple.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Is anyone running a Lingle scorpion mag lower on a Gen 1 GHM9? Just curious if it helps reliability with JHP/flatnose ammo?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Nightvision-ready sub guns make me moist.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a B&T flash hider tri lug today second hand and having problems tightening it up. First time with trilug and  get it on fine but doesn't tighten up good at all.
Any trick I'm missing or is there a spring that's missing? Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Got a B&T flash hider tri lug today second hand and having problems tightening it up. First time with trilug and  get it on fine but doesn't tighten up good at all.
Any trick I'm missing or is there a spring that's missing? https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106651/20220407_184420_jpg-2341573.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106651/20220407_184400_jpg-2341574.JPG
View Quote

Are you sure it's legit? Yours looks very different from mine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Bought off of EE here from a guy that had it on his ghm9. Very loose. What does yours look like?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Bought off of EE here from a guy that had it on his ghm9. Very loose. What does yours look like?
View Quote

Mine looks identical to the pics here: https://atlanticfirearms.com/b-t-vortex-flash-hider-for-9mm-bt-400983-9
Comparing it to yours there are significant differences.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I was also thinking that it looked different, and am wondering if it's a knock-off.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#44]
B&T website shows even different
Attachment Attached File

Really thinking about getting this one and putting other up for sale.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#45]
B&T website shows even different
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106651/Screenshot_20220409-154019_DuckDuckGo_jp-2343938.JPG

Really thinking about getting this one and putting other up for sale.
View Quote

FYI that's the old style that attach like the old HK MP5 flash hiders, with a latch not a spring.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:58:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 64tinc] [#46]
I don't feel any spring in the one I have now.
Will the one in the ad from B&T work on my ghm9?
I have a 9mm brake on it now may just leave that and forget the trilug.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't feel any spring in the one I have now.
Will the one in the ad from B&T work on my ghm9?
I have a 9mm brake on it now may just leave that and forget the trilug.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106651/20220203_042301_jpg-2344019.JPG
View Quote

Yes either style will work.

This is a good video on the different styles of 3-lug flash hiders and how they work:
How To Install & Uninstall 3-Lug Attachments for HK Rifles
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Ugh, so far 2 out of the 10 27rd magpul mags have trouble feeding between 1- 3rds left in the mag.

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#49]
What kind of magpul magazines?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Glock
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top