Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

WOOOOO HOOOOO... been waiting on these bad boys for a long time... I just bought TWO!!! I also just talked with Scott and he said these things are selling like hotcakes so if you guys want one you better get it quick!!! On another note... the locking tab placement is in a different position on the Gen1 GHM9's than the gen 2's. This means if you have a Gen1 GHM9 the stock will not lock  when you fold it to the side.  I use the B&T jet funnels on almost all of my B&T's. It holds the stock tab off of the gun chassis and keeps it from reaching into the lock in point. This means for anyone using the jet funnels on their GHM9's... this is a NON ISSUE anyway.
View Quote
I have already ordered mine, this made my day when I got the IN STOCK email!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By OAK667:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

WOOOOO HOOOOO... been waiting on these bad boys for a long time... I just bought TWO!!! I also just talked with Scott and he said these things are selling like hotcakes so if you guys want one you better get it quick!!! On another note... the locking tab placement is in a different position on the Gen1 GHM9's than the gen 2's. This means if you have a Gen1 GHM9 the stock will not lock  when you fold it to the side.  I use the B&T jet funnels on almost all of my B&T's. It holds the stock tab off of the gun chassis and keeps it from reaching into the lock in point. This means for anyone using the jet funnels on their GHM9's... this is a NON ISSUE anyway.
Need to order one & do a SBR
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Any confirmation that new stock will work with gen 1 9 and 45 but just won't lock up when folded?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
dirtyharriett, confirmed that it’s the same hinge setup but the locking tab for the folded position doesn’t align on Gen 1s. I take that to mean the stock will work but you won’t be able to lock it in the folded position.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Gen 2 stock arrived this morning. No fit issues on my gen 1 GHM9... just does not lock into place as expected when folded but since I am using a jet funnel on my GHM9 it would not have locked into place when folded anyway. Overall I am over the moon... I absolutely love the look and the very comfortable supported cheek weld with this stock.

Link Posted: 12/22/2018 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s drop dead sexy dirtyharriett. That stock looks great. Like I generally do after all your picture posts, I start questioning why I don’t have one....lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
That’s drop dead sexy dirtyharriett. That stock looks great. Like I generally do after all your picture posts, I start questioning why I don’t have one....lol
View Quote
Thanks bestiller... you know a girl must properly accessorize everything.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 5:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#8]

Came in 10 minutes ago!

Finally latches!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my MRO but my astigmatism makes it less than optimal.  Is there something else that will work well on these B&T's, maybe an ACOG, Elcan or ?  What makes a sight non-astigmatism friendly?
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 6:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#10]
Originally Posted By PuddleMonkey:
I love my MRO but my astigmatism makes it less than optimal.  Is there something else that will work well on these B&T's, maybe an ACOG, Elcan or ?  What makes a sight non-astigmatism friendly?
View Quote
An ACOG reticle would likely be better for someone with astigmatism. For a B&T you may want to look at a mini ACOG. I have a Trijicon TA44-C and love it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bestiller:

An ACOG reticle would likely be better for someone with astigmatism. For a B&T you may want to look at a mini ACOG. I have a Trijicon TA44-C and love it.
View Quote
Sweet, I didn't know there was a mini ACOG.  I have lots of random optics but have never used an ACOG, hear great things about them.  The only thing I own that doesn't give me astigmatism issues is my Elcan 1-4x.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
That new folder looks amazing.  Between that and the collapsible I’m having a hard time not picking one of these up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
That new folder looks amazing.  Between that and the collapsible I’m having a hard time not picking one of these up.
View Quote
$125 for the folding svelte sweetness!
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
@PuddleMonkey

A great alternative to the MRO (or any red dot) for astigmatism sufferers is the Primary Arms Cyclops 1X prism scope. Small and rugged, it has bright, clear glass, an etched ACSS reticle, and LED illumination. The Cyclops comes with an absolute cowitness mount and the base of the scope is Aimpoint T1 compatible, so you can use any mount you choose. It also has a diopter adjustment which makes it useful for older eyes (like mine). And, it retails for about 1/3 of the price of the mini-ACOG line.

I love mine; it's a real bargain, too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NukeFromOrbit:

@PuddleMonkey

A great alternative to the MRO (or any red dot) for astigmatism sufferers is the Primary Arms Cyclops 1X prism scope. Small and rugged, it has bright, clear glass, an etched ACSS reticle, and LED illumination. The Cyclops comes with an absolute cowitness mount and the base of the scope is Aimpoint T1 compatible, so you can use any mount you choose. It also has a diopter adjustment which makes it useful for older eyes (like mine). And, it retails for about 1/3 of the price of the mini-ACOG line.

I love mine; it's a real bargain, too.
View Quote
I already ordered the ACOG, money is a non-issue.  That does look like a pretty cool optic and I may end up buying it too as I have plenty of dotless guns lying around.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Gen 2 stock arrived this morning. No fit issues on my gen 1 GHM9... just does not lock into place as expected when folded but since I am using a jet funnel on my GHM9 it would not have locked into place when folded anyway. Overall I am over the moon... I absolutely love the look and the very comfortable supported cheek weld with this stock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_GHM9_with_gen_2_stock-781100.jpg
View Quote
That looks rad.  I wonder if you could affix a magnet on the stock to keep in in place while folded.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By -GuNuT-:
That looks rad.  I wonder if you could affix a magnet on the stock to keep in in place while folded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_GHM9_with_gen_2_stock-781100.jpg
I'm sure there are many things I could come up with that would make it lock into place. The reality is I am not motivated to do so... I never fold my stock. I would have put on the same style stock even if it did not fold.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]
How smooth do the bolts operate on these GHM9’s?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Like they’re riding on ball bearings. Literally
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Just the guy I had a question for, do you have an experience with the Aimpoint Nano?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Those of you who have emailed B&T, what email did you use?   I sent an email to [email protected] on 12/12 and haven't heard back.  From what I've read in here they have always been pretty responsive.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I emailed a tech directly on 12/10, no response. Also left a VM for them a couple weeks ago--nothin.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Call this number, (813) 653-1200, they will get back with you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Call this number, (813) 653-1200, they will get back with you.
View Quote
Will do.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#25]
Just the guy I had a question for, do you have an experience with the Aimpoint Nano?
View Quote
I have the Nano on my GHM9 in the 39mm mount, I’m waiting for my order for the low mount to come in. What’s your question?

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Range day update:

I put a Geissele SSA in my GHM9 Gen 2 before heading to the range today.

The install was straightforward, I didn’t have to make any modifications to the trigger or the safety.

I took with me:
147gr Federal Hi-Shok JHP
147gr Speer Lawman TMJ
115gr PMC Bronze FMJ

The Geissele SSA would not strike the primers hard enough on the Lawman or the PMC to set them off, it did however eat all 50rd of the Hi-Shok without any hiccups.

At the range I reinstalled the factory trigger and it ate all of the ammo without any issues, even the ones that had light strikes.

I went ahead and ordered the Super APC Trigger from Geissele and will be returning to the range to test those two types of ammo for functionality.

My assumption is that the hammer on the SSA does not have enough mass, it is CONSIDERABLY smaller than the factory hammer.

I also have a BCM PNT Trigger laying around that I am going to test out with the same bunch of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Did you take out that plate at the front of the trigger group? Maybe just preventing good primer hits.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Did you take out that plate at the front of the trigger group? Maybe just preventing good primer hits.
View Quote
That would my guess as well... I ran into the exact same problem with any non factory trigger system I installed into any of my APC's.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#29]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
View Quote
I did not.

I did look at the spent Federal casings and the firing mark was on par with what I’m used to seeing.

Once I get the Super APC delivered I’ll compare both G triggers and the factory one for weight and dimensional differences. I’ll also take some measurements on how far each hammer face “hangs over” the bolt catch area.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:59:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#30]
Originally Posted By smiller4169:

I have the Nano on my GHM9 in the 39mm mount, I’m waiting for my order for the low mount to come in. What’s your question?

http://i66.tinypic.com/jai8ur.jpg
View Quote
How do you like that sight on the GHM9?

Does it co-witness with that mount?

How is sight picture vs MRO ?

Have you had any issues with it (little quirks that annoy you)?

ALSO

That folding CH, how do you like that? Does it touch the receiver?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]

How do you like that sight on the GHM9?

Does it co-witness with that mount?

How is sight picture vs MRO ?

Have you had any issues with it (little quirks that annoy you)?

ALSO

That folding CH, how do you like that? Does it touch the receiver?
View Quote
So far so good on the sight, I have a FDE T2 and a MRO on standby while I make my decision, but like I said so far I’m really liking it.

As far as the Nano vs MRO, I like the nano better this far.
No quirks to note, unless the battery type could be counted, it’s a CR1225 with a 1yr life constant on.

I change batteries in all my optics on my birthday every year as good practice anyway so it doesn’t bother me.

It does cowitness, and the tall mount is milled out so you can use the folding sights backup sights (pistol style sights on top of folders) while its still mounted.

The charging handle does not touch when folded.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome! Thanks!

I’ll pick up a Nano tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Awesome! Thanks!

I’ll pick up a Nano tomorrow.
View Quote
Let me know when you do, I’ll send you a PDF of the user manual.

Aimpoint sent it to me this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Can someone direct link  to the aim point nano for sell? I can’t find it via google and I am not sure if it’s going by a different name or what
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#35]
Originally Posted By Isozaki:
Can someone direct link  to the aim point nano for sell? I can’t find it via google and I am not sure if it’s going by a different name or what
View Quote
G&R has them for sale.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/search.asp?keyword=Nano&search=
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#36]

I did not.

I did look at the spent Federal casings and the firing mark was on par with what I’m used to seeing.

Once I get the Super APC delivered I’ll compare both G triggers and the factory one for weight and dimensional differences. I’ll also take some measurements on how far each hammer face “hangs over” the bolt catch area.
View Quote
Looking at the Super APC it appears that the hammer has a flatter leading edge. What  I mean is that the hammer does not curve out around the hammer pin. Instead the leading edge of the hammer is flatter/straighter. My guess is that prevents the leading edge of the hammer from contacting the small steel plate before the hammer strikes the firing pin.

I will be interested in your opinion once your Super APC arrives.

Fr8dog
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Looking the gun over today, I discovered that there is MLOK slots under the 3 and 9 o’clock picatinny rails!
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#38]
How often round wise are you guys cleaning your scorpion killers?  I have 500 rounds in and thinking about giving it a bath this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#39]
How often round wise are you guys cleaning your scorpion killers?  I have 500 rounds in and thinking about giving it a bath this weekend.
View Quote
I don’t go by round count, if I’ve taken any gun to the range I clean it when I get home. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
After every range trip.... No new TV shows on so I sit and clean guns and re-organize gear.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#41]
I have not seen it discussed yet so I thought I would
Mention that the new B&T folding stock should also
fit the P26 pistol.  The rear mount is the same as on
the ghm line up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#42]
Originally Posted By griderhill:
I have not seen it discussed yet so I thought I would
Mention that the new B&T folding stock should also
fit the P26 pistol.  The rear mount is the same as on
the ghm line up.
View Quote
The Tech Smith brace adapter works on: TP9, MP9, GHM9, KH9, and the P26.

That’s what’s in the B&T packaging with a tech smith Business card.

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#43]

The Tech Smith brace adapter works on: TP9, MP9, GHM9, KH9, and the P26.

That’s what’s in the B&T packaging with a tech smith Business card.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-6.56.04-PM.png
View Quote
Anyone know if these work well on the gen2 GHM9? Thinking of picking up one of the GHM9's soon.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#44]
Originally Posted By bmo419:

Anyone know if these work well on the gen2 GHM9? Thinking of picking up one of the GHM9's soon.
View Quote
See my post a few replies above. I ha e one on mine, the post has a photo attached.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Good news for anyone who wants both the three lug capability and threads. I saw a 2018 serial numbered full size GHM9 gen 2 today with a three lug and a threaded barrel. It appears the barrels are back to the way they used to be originally.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#46]
So just how BAD are the mags, really?  I was planning on buying one of these but I don't want to drop the cash if the mags are that shitty.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mak0:
Good news for anyone who wants both the three lug capability and threads. I saw a 2018 serial numbered full size GHM9 gen 2 today with a three lug and a threaded barrel. It appears the barrels are back to the way they used to be originally.
View Quote
Mine is a 2018 serial and has both.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#48]
So just how BAD are the mags, really?  I was planning on buying one of these but I don't want to drop the cash if the mags are that shitty.
View Quote
What are you referring to?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#49]

See my post a few replies above. I ha e one on mine, the post has a photo attached.
View Quote
Excellent, thank you. Wasn't sure how to tell Gen 1 from Gen 2 externally. Guess I'm buying a GHM9 Gen 2 and tailhook host then
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:58:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#50]
Originally Posted By bmo419:

Excellent, thank you. Wasn't sure how to tell Gen 1 from Gen 2 externally. Guess I'm buying a GHM9 Gen 2 and tailhook host then
View Quote
Gen 2 has a removable rail, if you look close in my pic you’ll see the split. That’s really the only way to tell.

Also under the side picatinny rails there is MLOK on the Gen 2 but not in the Gen 1.

Some Gen 2 have only a Trilug, so confirm before you order it if you want a trilug and threaded one.

The shop I got mine from had both, a tri-lug only and a trilug with threads, so I chose to have both.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top