User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really?  $288

everything I find for a bag is a compromise.  I am sure some dedicated ones will come out soon.
View Quote
Haha, no, I'm sorry.  I can't type on a phone for a damn, just edited my prior post.  488, still good though.

Yep, there is a company that makes nylon cases that is always a pretty big table at gun shows through PA, they make their goods in PA and WV and do a really nice job.  I have a sub2000 case of their design that is awesome, maybe in a few months I will have to hit a show and see what they have cooked up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Haha, no, I'm sorry.  I can't type on a phone for a damn, just edited my prior post.  488, still good though.

Yep, there is a company that makes nylon cases that is always a pretty big table at gun shows through PA, they make their goods in PA and WV and do a really nice job.  I have a sub2000 case of their design that is awesome, maybe in a few months I will have to hit a show and see what they have cooked up.
View Quote
That company...I see them at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot...I have one of their bags. Its technically made for a break-down shotgun but my new Ruger Carbine fits just fine. Its the 28 inch model and was under $30.

See it here:    Case that will work for a Ruger 9mm PC
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
keep the box... odds are you'll be sending it back for something
View Quote
Big yawn too for a Ruger in this market that cost $500  
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that English?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That company...I see them at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot...I have one of their bags. Its technically made for a break-down shotgun but my new Ruger Carbine fits just fine. Its the 28 inch model and was under $30.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's them, thanks for the link!  Never looked for their site, always just saw them at shows for ages.  I have one of these cases for my Franchi Affinity Sporting, works great.  The 28in doesn't swallow the carbine whole?  Hoping they cut down to the Ruger's specs, I believe I shall email...
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is another takedown case, https://acecase.com/takedown-.22-case/

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is that English?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that English?
Quoted:

Is that English?
I can translate into Amish or Quaker.

Was ist der Zweck?

vorher gescheitert
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve got one on order.

Does it make any tactical sense for a right handed shooter to switch the changing handle to the left side (MP5 like)?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’ve got one on order.

Does it make any tactical sense for a right handed shooter to switch the changing handle to the left side (MP5 like)?
View Quote
Sure, gun hand never comes off the grip.  Mag changes and charging with your non trigger hand..
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’ve got one on order.

View Quote
Sure. Never have to move strong hand, dont have to flip rifle over like AK

It's a simple allen head bolt (wrench included) to switch sides. Take it to the range and see which you like better. I like it on the left.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Contacted Ruger about the Rail issue with pistol lights.  This is what I have so far.  Not Dremel time yet....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, my favorite shop in the area doesn't have any on the shelves but apparently is doing special orders (and have around 2 dozen of them) for $489.  Going to run up and put my $50 deposit on ine tomorrow.

Now, I remember seeing something earlier in this thread about takedown bags, but have options been explored by you lucky owners for cases?  As it looks like there are some difficulties mounting lights do you think that one of the new compact pistol lights like from Insight could work?
View Quote
Maybe a smaller light.  But then again the 1913 Rail is designed to be a universal mounting solution for a variety of items.  Kind of like advertising your car can take any size rim but a majority of tires will rub the wheel well
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
It's really hard to fuck up a simple blowback PCC that uses someone else's mags.

You're not going to shoot and reload this as fast as something like an EVO or a MP5 clone, but I can see a lot of people who currently have .22 takedowns who would get one of these to use instead.

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want a cheap 9mm platform something like a CZ is where to start.
View Quote
What is your definition of "cheap"?
View Quote
I meant in relation to the 9mm AR's, MCX, and MP5 clones, but yes, if I'm looking at something to buy as a weapon vs. a range plinker, $800 isn't expensive.

This new Ruger carbine looks well built and well designed, though.   Light rail issues aside.

It's almost like there are several different design teams working at Ruger and one of them is significantly better than the others.    I want to say that the really cool stuff started coming from them around the time they started selling the new BX series magazines for the 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Delayed doubleish tap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's really hard to fuck up a simple blowback PCC that uses someone else's mags.

You're not going to shoot and reload this as fast as something like an EVO or a MP5 clone, but I can see a lot of people who currently have .22 takedowns who would get one of these to use instead.
View Quote
I’m confused as to why this would shoot and reload slower than the guns you listed? The MP5 guns are pretty damn slow to load especially if you run dry.

Conventional rifles are as fast as anything. Just look at events like steel challenge or the like. Don’t see many pistol gripped tactical style guns it’s mostly 10/22’s.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Shot the new Ruger today. Unsuppressed it ran like a top with both 124gr +p and 147gr subs.  When suppressed using a Surefire Ryder 9 Ti, it would short stroke 3-4 times per mag, regardless of the ammo used.  The next round would always chamber but the hammer was not reset, resulting in a dead trigger.  It was new right out of the box and by the end of the range session had approx 250rnds thru it.  The owner is going run some more rounds through it to see if it continues or if it stops after a break in period.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Thats weird. the trigger reset on the bolt is really short.  Has to be just missing it. Also be cery careful with bolt hokd open tab and make sure you engage it fully. If its half seated the bolt can fly foward
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sling swivel is in the way.  Unscrewed it and X300 went on fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My X300 and Inforce WML won't fit as well.  It will fit with the Thorntail offsest 1913 adapter, but it's really awkward to use.  I will probably pick up a Streamlight TLR7 to put on there.
why did they design it like that ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I think they didnt try it before they sent it out.  Been reading on ruger forums and other people are having problems too . Some people thing they fit but if you look closely it does not. So having to decide between light and sling or no light no sling makes it difficult. Making a cut out on either side of the handguard for an mlok or moe rail should be easy but I was hoping for a 6 oclock mount . I will give it a bit and start sanding to fit soon.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Went to range today and fored about 150 rounds of bulk remington 115 grain. Only one FTF from an ETS 30 rounds mag . I have astigmatism so the sights were hard to see on a blue back ground with safety glasses . Accuracy was good and recoil was mild.  I had no blowback in my face . Its much more pleasant to shoot than my Beretta CX4 was
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That thing is hideous!

Besides; what useful thing does it do that an AR in 9mm won't?
View Quote
thank you. people only like it because the glock fanbois have glock mag forts with no real use for them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  thank you. people only like it because the glock fanbois have glock mag forts with no real use for them.
View Quote
You don't get it.  It can probably take just about any pistol mag - all you need is a mag adapter.  So the Beretta fanbois w/ their Beretta mag forts will want one.  The CZ fanbois, the S&W59 fanbois, the HiPower fanbois.

You don't have a mag fort, do you?  
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
thank you. people only like it because the glock fanbois have glock mag forts with no real use for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That thing is hideous!

Besides; what useful thing does it do that an AR in 9mm won't?
The AR platform is not the end all be all of firearms. All you people posting this shit are fucking morons.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  The AR platform is not the end all be all of firearms. All you people posting this shit are fucking morons.
View Quote
They can't be.  Morons can't fuck & post shit @ the same time.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They can't be.  Morons can't fuck & post shit @ the same time.  
View Quote
Let the haters hate.  We don't need to generate any more demand.  At least until after I get mine..........
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread has taken a bad hop, but I’m still extemely interested in the subject.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope some of you think more before you pull a trigger than you do before you shoot off your mouths!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Its too bad ttheir new 9mm handgun doesnt take glock mags. Part of how i decide on what guns to buy is, common parts. Far from home in a pinch i can find glock mags. Not so much ruger mags.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Its too bad ttheir new 9mm handgun doesnt take glock mags. Part of how i decide on what guns to buy is, common parts. Far from home in a pinch i can find glock mags. Not so much ruger mags.
View Quote
Are their any conventional handguns that use glock mags outside of glock? Seems like a silly condition.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Are their any conventional handguns that use glock mags outside of glock? Seems like a silly condition.
View Quote
Or any handgun that uses another
manufacturers mags?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  Or any handgun that uses another
manufacturers mags?
View Quote
Off hand:

Taurus PT111G2 uses SIG 226 mags
Couple of Glock clones - Lone Wolf, Polymer 80, CCF Raceframes, numerous large frame handguns that take Glock mags, AR pistols & others
Any AR pistol that takes Uzi mags which also fit the Uzi pistol
KelTec's initial 9x19mm pistol offering, still in production, takes S&W 59 mags
HiPoint's .45 ACP offerings take 1911 mags w/ a $30 replacement mag catch
Several CZ75 clones take CZ75 mags
Goncz pistol took Beretta or S&W mags back in the day (required modification)
I've heard the Kahr .45 ACP offerings take 1911 mags.

Most of the double-stack/single-feed pistol mags on the market are very similar, some only differing in the mag catch placement.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone identified any shorter pistol lights that would fit on the rail? I.E. not the TLR?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#34]
anyone found a good dedicated  form for the Ruger yet ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Am I the only one hoping for a non-takedown version?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would rather have a non-takedown version as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be cool if they could make it a little simpler and cheaper but I would guess you’ll see a bunch of special configurations and colors first.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#38]
A long rifle that's a takedown and shoots pistol calibers?

Last gun that could ruin my "no guns 2018" bid.

Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good for you. Why’d you click?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here is another takedown case, https://acecase.com/takedown-.22-case/

View Quote
I was just looking for a case as well, I think I may go with this one.  Warning fleabay link not affiliated.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even pad your post count bro?

Gulf states distributors in Montgomery AL had these for $450 (should be about 490 with tax) under Ruger’s Blue label program.  Will definitely be my next purchase
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Saw my 1st one today @ the gun show.  Over $600, the bbl comes off very easily.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I shot mine today.  250 rounds of mixed manufacture.  Zero malfunctions.

I used the Glock magazine insert.  G17, G18 and G19 mags.

I brought a red dot to put on after trying the irons.

It stayed in the range bag. I love the sights on this, and was shooting into a couple inches rapid fire offhand at 25 yards.

I also like the charging handle on the left.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
keep the box... odds are you'll be sending it back for something
Seriously?  Please, tell us how much it should cost.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My X300 and Inforce WML won't fit as well.  It will fit with the Thorntail offsest 1913 adapter, but it's really awkward to use.  I will probably pick up a Streamlight TLR7 to put on there.
Cause its Ruger, they aren't up to speed yet with all the level 8 operators that need to put a light on everything.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Cause its Ruger, they aren't up to speed yet with all the level 8 operators that need to put a light on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a take-down rifle.

9mm pistol caliber.

Designed to adapt to fit your pistol's magazines.

Sure it could use a collapsible stock, but that gun's designers used the word 'tactical' a lot during their design meetings.

WML is a really good idea for a tactical rifle and those designing such in this industry SHOULD know this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t know, that’s going to make it easy to sbr it. Just needs a folding stock
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone hear anything about aftermarket stocks yet?  I want to SBR the barrel to look like a reising SMG and install a collapsing wire stock on the rear.

Basically this while retaining Iron sights and a wire stock

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone hear anything about aftermarket stocks yet?  I want to SBR the barrel to look like a reising SMG and install a collapsing wire stock on the rear.

Basically this while retaining Iron sights and a wire stock

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213498/D4F7734F-1D8A-4A11-B20B-AD0679A53D5D-456377.JPG
View Quote
I have no doubt we will see several cool options but I think it's too early for anything yet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

My TLR3 fits, but the 1 is obstructed by the edge of the hand guard in front of the swivel. This is using the Glock rail adapter.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top