Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 4:17:03 PM EDT
Has anyone made a good aftermarket trigger for the EVO yet? I've done the spring change but it's still not the trigger I'd like. The hiperfire 24 3G on my AR has spoiled me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The only game in town is the cz customs offering Cz custom evo trigger. Everything else out there is just a trigger "shoe" and not changing anything but aesthetics/leverage of the trigger so it's not a real improvement. Unfortunately it's as much as a geissele but from what I hear, it's a sweet setup, has adjustment for pre and over travel. Only one place sells it and they don't go on sale. If you cross your fingers they may do something for Black Friday but don't count on it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I put a shooters element trigger with the HBI spring kit and it makes a huge difference
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a shooters element trigger with the HBI spring kit and it makes a huge difference
View Quote
That is my setup and I have not been that impressed.  Its okay but still not fast
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only game in town is the cz customs offering Cz custom evo trigger. Everything else out there is just a trigger "shoe" and not changing anything but aesthetics/leverage of the trigger so it's not a real improvement. Unfortunately it's as much as a geissele but from what I hear, it's a sweet setup, has adjustment for pre and over travel. Only one place sells it and they don't go on sale. If you cross your fingers they may do something for Black Friday but don't count on it.
View Quote
Thanks I'll look at that. I wish they had some competition
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I say just change out the trigger spring for the lighter weigh one by HBI and grease all of the contact points.

The stock trigger spring is very strong anyway and is not a good ratio of trigger pull to reset. It's really awkward.
View Quote
Ive been using the OEM FCG since 2013 when I got the evo..
The HBI springs Made a huge difference in a good way! but I wouldnt use any trigger lighter than that
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a CZ custom trigger in my evo and definitely better than the original trigger, original trigger with the HBI springs, and the HBI Delta trigger shoe with the HBI springs.  However for the price, it is not $200 plus great over the rest.   It should be priced much lower than what CZ is pricing them at the moment.

You can adjust the trigger travel and reset by using adjustment screws built into the trigger group.  My trigger is very light, 3 pound range and has a very short reset, very tactile reset (both in feel and noise) but my complaint is that it is hard to tell when the trigger is going release. It just glides back without any wall, unlike a double stage trigger, or indication with you about to release the hammer.  It has less than 1/8 travel before it goes off; no over travel at all.  It resets with more length than the pull by maybe 1/16".  You have to be careful with the trigger screws as you can disable the trigger if you are too aggressive with tightening or loosing them on the reset and trigger travel adjustments.

The CZ Custom trigger does smooth out better over time as I have had thousands of rounds and defensive carbine classes with this gun in its current form.  I only had magazine related stoppages with it.  I have not had light primer strikes using all sorts of ammo including steel case wolf, and all brands in brass.

ETA:  The hammer included with the Custom Trigger takes care of the mushrooming hammer issue with the original world guns in 2015-16.  It is bobbed to remove the material that hits the back of the bolt causing the dents.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The CZ Custom trigger pack is the best thing out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Eventually, Shooting Sight will make a Scorpion trigger.  If it's anything like his other triggers, it think it might blow CZ Custom's trigger out of the water.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ive been using the OEM FCG since 2013 when I got the evo..
The HBI springs Made a huge difference in a good way! but I wouldnt use any trigger lighter than that
View Quote
I like my triggers at 2-3 lbs with almost no reset.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a CZ custom trigger in my evo and definitely better than the original trigger, original trigger with the HBI springs, and the HBI Delta trigger shoe with the HBI springs.  However for the price, it is not $200 plus great over the rest.   It should be priced much lower than what CZ is pricing them at the moment.

You can adjust the trigger travel and reset by using adjustment screws built into the trigger group.  My trigger is very light, 3 pound range and has a very short reset, very tactile reset (both in feel and noise) but my complaint is that it is hard to tell when the trigger is going release. It just glides back without any wall, unlike a double stage trigger, or indication with you about to release the hammer.  It has less than 1/8 travel before it goes off; no over travel at all.  It resets with more length than the pull by maybe 1/16".  You have to be careful with the trigger screws as you can disable the trigger if you are too aggressive with tightening or loosing them on the reset and trigger travel adjustments.

The CZ Custom trigger does smooth out better over time as I have had thousands of rounds and defensive carbine classes with this gun in its current form.  I only had magazine related stoppages with it.  I have not had light primer strikes using all sorts of ammo including steel case wolf, and all brands in brass.

ETA:  The hammer included with the Custom Trigger takes care of the mushrooming hammer issue with the original world guns in 2015-16.  It is bobbed to remove the material that hits the back of the bolt causing the dents.
View Quote
Thanks that helps a lot on the cz custom trigger. I'm a single stage trigger guy so it may work the way I like it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're cheap and a little handy you can fix the trigger yourself. There is a long discussion about it here http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86073.15
But the upshot is that you can jbweld some shims into the trigger pack and take out a lot of the creep. I used a dremel tool to cut shims out of a 308 case and it worked wonders when combined with the hbi spring. My trigger is about on par with a better than milspec ar trigger, but not as good as a nice aftermarket trigger. I'm sure the cz custom trigger is better, but the value isn't there.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if there is a number in total sales on a firearm that is a milestone that would grab the attention of Geisselle.  

A Geisselle CZ Scorpion trigger pack would be one of the superstars of shot show
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Sent my welded lower to Shooters Element, trigger, spring kit, polish, mag release were all done by them.  I'm super impressed with the trigger now, they are who I recommend to any Scorpion Evo owner.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I would love for Cajun or geissele to come out with a $75-$125 option, lighter shorter pull with shorter reset.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder if there is a number in total sales on a firearm that is a milestone that would grab the attention of Geisselle.  

A Geisselle CZ Scorpion trigger pack would be one of the superstars of shot show
View Quote
I wish they'd come out with one but it's not in the works currently. They may or may not be working on a trigger for another widely adopted platform though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wish they'd come out with one but it's not in the works currently. They may or may not be working on a trigger for another widely adopted platform though.
View Quote
I could see them making one for the Sig MPX before the scorpion.  But i guarantee lots more people own the scorpion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top