Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 12:59:34 AM EDT
Something a bit different than the norm.

Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Want! Gimme!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Not much love for the finest blowback PCC.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
There is a ton of love but I'm just jealous. I only have a Tavor Sar 5.56 and a Tavor Sar 9mm.. I have goten to shoot an Aug yet, but I would want a left handed one. I'm  not interested in casing to the face..
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I love mine I only have one though ...... and a 5.56 Aug and if they ever come out with a 300blk I'll get one of those to

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I only have one............

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]
By the way, anyone know how quiet these are with subsonic ammo and a suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
With 158gr ammo mine is really quiet to anyone standing around the shooter but I find the shooter should wear a plug in their right ear due to the noise from the ejection port being right next to your ear, it isn't painful but it's enough to get your attention. Shot it off the back porch once and let my buddy do the same , sounded like someone using a nail gun outside , couldn't tell it was a gunshot. Also due to the ejection port design with the 9mm stock there is no blow back into the shooters face like with other rifle supressor hosts. I'm thinking of getting a second 9mm stock to use with my 5.56 AUG  once I get a surefire supressor. All In all I like it as a supressor host but still want something else that gets the ejection port away from the ear.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, maleante! Two pair. Really?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With 158gr ammo mine is really quiet to anyone standing around the shooter but I find the shooter should wear a plug in their right ear due to the noise from the ejection port being right next to your ear, it isn't painful but it's enough to get your attention. Shot it off the back porch once and let my buddy do the same , sounded like someone using a nail gun outside , couldn't tell it was a gunshot. Also due to the ejection port design with the 9mm stock there is no blow back into the shooters face like with other rifle supressor hosts. I'm thinking of getting a second 9mm stock to use with my 5.56 AUG  once I get a surefire supressor. All In all I like it as a supressor host but still want something else that gets the ejection port away from the ear.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I don't have a ton of 158gr stuff. The vast majority of my subsonic 9mm is 147. I wonder if the sixteen inch barrel will push those into supersonic territory??

But i was planning to use earplugs w/ mine w/ my new suppressor anyways. Considering the ejection port is right by my ear.

I do have a Kriss Vector in 9mm as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I don't have a ton of 158gr stuff. The vast majority of my subsonic 9mm is 147. I wonder if the sixteen inch barrel will push those into supersonic territory??

But i was planning to use earplugs w/ mine w/ my new suppressor anyways. Considering the ejection port is right by my ear.

I do have a Kriss Vector in 9mm as well.
View Quote
I've found that a lot of 147 won't cycle MY aug correct , it prefers 115gr and 124. I have found that the browning 147gr training ammo is one of the better ones that works more often . I'm thinking I haven't broke it in yet. If your gun cycles the 147 it tends to stay subsonic most of the time , at lest in my gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've found that a lot of 147 won't cycle MY aug correct , it prefers 115gr and 124. I have found that the browning 147gr training ammo is one of the better ones that works more often . I'm thinking I haven't broke it in yet. If your gun cycles the 147 it tends to stay subsonic most of the time , at lest in my gun.
View Quote
Ah thanks. Truth be told, I haven't shot my 9mm AUG very much at all. And not suppressed at all.

I guess I'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not that that there isn't love, more like speechless.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Do the select-fire ones frequently win SMG matches? I’d expect it to be extremely controllable, based on the weight. 
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do the select-fire ones frequently win SMG matches? I’d expect it to be extremely controllable, based on the weight. 
View Quote
Very few transferrable AUG's. Even fewer set up to run 9mm. Even fewer whose owners participate in matches SMG or PCC.

Good question.

I can say that with two set up with the Cmore and 2020 TSM, they're extremely fast pointing and shooting. Recoil is a super smooth hydraulic-like impulse. Very easy to stay on target and as an AUG it balances well despite the weight, which probably helps out compared to a MAC or UZI.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ah thanks. Truth be told, I haven't shot my 9mm AUG very much at all.
View Quote
That's too bad, for myself, the AUG 9MM is probably my favorite gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Does Steyr still import the conversions for LE use?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes for auto stocks, carriers, and hammer packs.
For LEO use, I'd assume they will import complete guns or kits with barrels, but as I have no idea, you'd have to ask them directly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's too bad, for myself, the AUG 9MM is probably my favorite gun to shoot.
View Quote
I haven't shot much these last eighteen months. My new cans will probably change that. I have a feeling the 9mm AUG will get agood workout.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes for auto stocks, carriers, and hammer packs.
For LEO use, I'd assume they will import complete guns or kits with barrels, but as I have no idea, you'd have to ask them directly.
View Quote
I've tried , can only be ordered by agency , not for individual officer sales . Department letterhead won't work .
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Must be Steyr’s sales policy. HK is the same way, even for complete uppers. 
I can make it happen. Did they quote you a price? PM me if you prefer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 1:48:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is an issue with the trigger mechanism (at least at the Knob Creek match).  With the selector in the auto position, pull back on the trigger a small amount and single shots are fired.  Pull back a little further and the gun fires automatically.  During a subgun match, typically the selector of the firearm must be in the auto position.  The AUG in 9mm gives an unfair advantage because the operator has the choice of select fire, while other subguns are full auto only.  Because the 9mm AUG is so rare, I think I have only seen one at a subgun match ten years ago.  It is my understanding that the Knob Creek AUG disqualification was because other competitors complained about an unfair advantage the AUG competitor had.

A friend of mine has an AUG sear and a couple of 9mm kits.  No he is not interested in selling one.  I have gotten to shoot his AUG in 5.56X45 and 9mm.  The trigger and weight distribution does make it a great 9mm closed bolt blow back system.  My friend has never taken the gun to the local subgun match, as he is not interested in competing.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 9mm kit and an A3(makes all range trips)and a CQC(unfired). Would the CQC be my best option as a host?

maleante, I'd love to hear any ideas you may have on this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#26]
these are ButterFace guns.........yes, I would not have an issue fingerbanging one of them :)
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:15:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a 9mm kit and an A3(makes all range trips)and a CQC(unfired). Would the CQC be my best option as a host?

maleante, I'd love to hear any ideas you may have on this.
View Quote
I think you'd be better off trying to acquire another receiver rather than cannibalize an AUG. Problem with that is the cost...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top