Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 7:59:41 PM EDT
I ordered a new 45acp HiPoint carbine because I used to have one in the older style in .40S&W and really liked it.  I had zero issues with it and was waiting for the 45acp to come out because that was before it was released.  Been some time ago but I finally ordered it and got it.  I like the looks and took it to the range with some Wolf ammo.  Damned if the thing kept jamming with FTF.  Took it home and cleaned it. Then it had FTE issues.  Called customer service and the guy said it sounded like a bent firing pin so he would send me two for free.  They came today and sure enough the pin was bent.  Replaced it and it still has the same issue of FTF.  It's like the bolt won't go forward.  I shot it 50 times and had a jamming issue on almost every mag.

Anyone else have issues with the new HiPoint carbines?  I will call the guy again and ask to send it back.  I don't want it back if it can't shoot through a box of 50 without jamming.  Their customer service is outstanding so I don't have worries there but am just frustrated with this carbine when it should be a fun gun to shoot. Disappointed when the last carbine I had ran like a champ.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried some quality ammo like federal brass cased ect ect? If only steel cased then that might be an issue. Either way Hipoint is a stand up company that will get you straightened out. Keep us posted as they have a 10mm carbine coming out I might buy. Ive had a gen 1 995 for a long time and never an issue shooting steel cased or brass.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I just used Wolf and probably only will use the cheap stuff since I have quite a bit of it.  I'll post what they say when I talk to them this week and the final outcome.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My 4595 ran all brass cased ammo & Silver Bear zinc plated just fine but wouldn't feed steel cased Wolf reliably.

Issue was with the mags, even after some break in and dry lube the steel cased ammo would occasional stick and not feed properly.

So I took one of my mags and swapped the spring with a 10 round 1911 spring. Had to bend it a bit to fit in the follower, and the 1911 spring is wider so it wasn't fitting inside the follower like the stock spring, but it took 8 rounds with room for half of another round so a little modification of the follower would probably get me back to 9, haven't done that yet. But now it's 100% reliable with Wolf steel cased ammo.

Another option would be to add the 1911 mag catch and run 1911 mags. I've never had any issues running Wolf Steel thru my 1911s with Colt, Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick mags. Someone on the High Point firearms forum is making the modified mag catch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up sending it back to Hi Point and it has returned a whole lot better. They sent an extra mag, sling, and tool for my trouble.  I like the way it shoots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top