Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2017 10:55:01 AM EDT
I don't own a Scorpion Evo just yet. I've actually never seen one in person so, I don't know what the sight picture is like. I was planning on picking up the version with the tailkook already installed and hoping the trigger isn't welded. What size red dot should I be looking for? I don't know if I want a dot that can fully co-witness or something that sits higher. I've looked at multiple threads and I've seen people running everything from 1 moa to 6 moa. I've got an older Bushnell trs-25 I could run at first but, I'd like to get something a bit nicer. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything 2-4 Moa would work fine on a PCC type weapon. You could go up to a 6.5 moa but IMO its a bit large. Id recommend taking advantage of the sale cabela's and other retailer are having on Trjicon RMRs.
I have a 3.25 moa rmr on my scorpion and love it. I chose an ADM qd mount that doesn't quite co-witness but to me puts the optic at a better position for a good cheekweld.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
primary arms micro or holosun
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The main disadvantage of larger MOA red dots is that the dot can obscure the target at longer ranges.  But that's not a concern on a PCC, since they're inherently shorter-range weapons.  So I would have no qualms putting a 4 MOA or even 6 MOA red dot on an Evo.

Mine has a Primary Arms Fixed Base Micro, which cowitnesses with the iron sights.  (Your Bushnell should do the same.)  The cheek weld with the factory folding mechanism and Tailhook is perfect.  No need for anything higher, IMO.

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The main disadvantage of larger MOA red dots is that the dot can obscure the target at longer ranges.  But that's not a concern on a PCC, since they're inherently shorter-range weapons.  So I would have no qualms putting a 4 MOA or even 6 MOA red dot on an Evo.

Mine has a Primary Arms Fixed Base Micro, which cowitnesses with the iron sights.  (Your Bushnell should do the same.)  The cheek weld with the factory folding mechanism and Tailhook is perfect.  No need for anything higher, IMO.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/923/PEMpJm.jpg
View Quote
This, exactly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anything 2-4 Moa would work fine on a PCC type weapon. You could go up to a 6.5 moa but IMO its a bit large. Id recommend taking advantage of the sale cabela's and other retailer are having on Trjicon RMRs.
I have a 3.25 moa rmr on my scorpion and love it. I chose an ADM qd mount that doesn't quite co-witness but to me puts the optic at a better position for a good cheekweld.
View Quote
This has been on my mind. Ive already picked up one 6.5 moa RMR for my Glock 17 mos, I might just get another rmr and buy the co-witness plate.

I just don't like having to take it off the mount to replace the battery. Does the ADM mount give it a lower 1/3 or something shorter?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/923/PEMpJm.jpg
View Quote
Love it. That's very similar to what I was wanting to build. How does it feel? I didn't know the tailhook had that qd sling point there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
My TRS25 only lasted a few months on the Evo.

Romeo5 has held up well and has great battery life.  I would look at them also.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, Would it be a good idea to blue loctite the set screws for the length adjustment?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Smaller is better. Have the 3.25MOA on my 9mm AR Pistol. Works great. Unless all you're doing is super-short range steel work I'd advise not going 6+MOA on a PCC
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BTW, Would it be a good idea to blue loctite the set screws for the length adjustment?
View Quote
No set screws.  The length of the Tailhook adapter inside the factory folding mechanism is adjusted using a roll pin.  There are three holes in the adapter.  Drive out the pin, slide the adapter to the desired length of pull, line up the hole, then drive the roll pin back in.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This has been on my mind. Ive already picked up one 6.5 moa RMR for my Glock 17 mos, I might just get another rmr and buy the co-witness plate.
https://czcustom.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/1/0/10730_scorpion_evo_mount_rmr_1064.jpg
I just don't like having to take it off the mount to replace the battery. Does the ADM mount give it a lower 1/3 or something shorter?
View Quote
That set up would work very well for most. As far as changing the battery you’ll only have to do it every few years so it’s not a huge issue.
When using the adm mount the the iron sights are just barely blocked by the mount.
I’m 6’6” so when using the factory irons I had to really press my face on the stock to find the sights. The extra little bit the rmr is raised by the mount is much more comfortable for me. Most people won’t have that problem and a co-witness with the iron sights will be GTG.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a Romeo 4, it's 2MOA.  A 4 MOA would also have worked, but the optic happened to have a 2 MOA.

some forms of Romeo 4 have the Eotech style reticle, which seems like the best of all worlds.  And of course it came out a few weeks after I bought mine.

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My TRS25 only lasted a few months on the Evo.

Romeo5 has held up well and has great battery life.  I would look at them also.
View Quote
How many rounds.

I have one on mine with about 600 rds

No problems so far
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I've run a few different optics on mine - Bushnell TRS-25, Primary Arms MD-ADS, Vortex Viper 6moa and Vortex Viper 3moa (current optic). The TRS-25 was great, but suffered from a bit of tunnel vision and obstructed my view. Same on the MD-ADS. The Vortex Sights have been just short of perfect - full field of view with no obstruction and (almost) an absolute cowitness. Both the 3 and 6moa have worked well, but I prefer the precision of the 3moa a little more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a holosun red dot. Works fantastic and has just the right size to not look funny on top. Has an eotech type circle recticle.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/09/jeremy-s/gear-review-holosun-hs503c-circle-dot-sight/amp/
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#16]
My holosun is 2moa
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a 2moa dot on my scorpion and a 6moa acog on my AR.

I really prefer the larger dot as it seems to make me shoot faster.
At 300m i have no problem hitting a man sized target.

With the smaller dot i always feel like i’m wasting a fraction of second more trying to be too accurate..
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I use a 3MOA MRDS on my Scorpion, love it. Plenty fast, plenty precise enough to hit at 200 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top